JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW - 2018 Regional Convention Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2171 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

28 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

In 2012, the meeting for Gilead was discontinued and replaced by the meeting for applicants of the Bible School for Christian Couples (BSCC) because the focus of Gilead School changed. Since then, only those already in some form of special full-time service have been invited to Gilead. 

Thanks. I knew that SKE has replaced what Gilead use to be, the OD mentions it, however I didn't realize the convention Special Meetings changed in 2012.

Sometimes I wonder if Armageddon will be a 10,000 question theocratic trivia test...:o

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

SPECIAL MEETINGS

BETHEL SERVICE Baptized publishers 35 years of age and under who are interested in serving at Bethel should plan to attend the meeting for Bethel applicants on Friday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

SCHOOL FOR KINGDOM EVANGELIZERS Pioneers between the ages of 23 and 65 who are interested in expanding their ministry are invited to attend the meeting for applicants to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers on Sunday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

SPECIAL MEETING

SCHOOL FOR KINGDOM EVANGELIZERS Pioneers between the ages of 23 and 65 who are interested in expanding their ministry are invited to attend the meeting for applicants to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers on Sunday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

I would not rule out the Bethel Meeting juuussst yet, every country is different and there may still be an announcement about a Bethel Meeting without it being in the program. 

The program looks very thrilling.

Going over the symposiums for Friday and Saturday have some pretty strong symposiums just comparing the fleshly person with the spiritual, those seem like they will be hard hitters, but then Sunday's symposium - proclamation of the hailstones- looks like we may have some big changes soon, hopefully in our message to people. Jehovah has a history of warning his people right before he rained down hailstones in the past, so that may be our message, who knows, just super exciting

1 hour ago, Toy Poodles said:

The program looks very thrilling.

Going over the symposiums for Friday and Saturday have some pretty strong symposiums just comparing the fleshly person with the spiritual, those seem like they will be hard hitters, but then Sunday's symposium - proclamation of the hailstones- looks like we may have some big changes soon, hopefully in our message to people. Jehovah has a history of warning his people right before he rained down hailstones in the past, so that may be our message, who knows, just super exciting

I know! Just going through the program & reading all the scriptures & trying to guess what will be said on each item keeps our anticipation going! I’m so excited about the Sunday program too, it really does seem like things are moving along nicely.   :-) 

On 2/24/2018 at 4:55 AM, Guri said:

This is really unique! Looking forward to the regional convention! :heart:

Notice in David Schafer's talk "Survive The Great Day" bullet point number 3 is actually A Respite, then the hailstone message.

It makes me think that we will need a moment for it to sink in, that BTG is GONE, out of business. Perhaps we will chill for a wee bit. Then, come back strong with the hailstone message. What a powerful impact that will have. They be say'in  "I thought we got rid of religion"?  And then the attack by a coalition of nations !!

16 hours ago, Doug said:

Notice in David Schafer's talk "Survive The Great Day" bullet point number 3 is actually A Respite, then the hailstone message.

It makes me think that we will need a moment for it to sink in, that BTG is GONE, out of business. Perhaps we will chill for a wee bit. Then, come back strong with the hailstone message. What a powerful impact that will have. They be say'in  "I thought we got rid of religion"?  And then the attack by a coalition of nations !!

Good point. I’ve always wondered if we would preach the judgement message during the attack of false religion or after. It never seemed sensicle or wise to preach the message during the attack of Babylon the great since many of us would be more likely to be jailed and would slow down the preaching work. Maybe after the respite we will have somewhat of a legal right to preach the judgement message.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Saturday’s last talk for the afternoon. Superb! A real thought provoking subject. “Courageous but not self reliant”. This is not something you can go alone and come off victorious. We  Will need our brothers to recognise the need to be faithful to the end, build our faith & follow ‘faithful’ direction. 

The Great Tribulation is close at hand...

These talks...are bone chilling!!! I can say we have NEVER ( at least to my knowledge I'm 32 )...

Had talks like this...Jehovah is really and truly getting us ready for what's coming..after  this convention I cannot even imagine what 2019 is going to be like as far as the 3 Day if this system last that long..im so ready for June 15th..16th and 17th to come...I wonder will there be VIDEOS to accompany theses talks???

If so then wowzers...also wonder will there be any new releases???

19 minutes ago, Shannie said:

These talks...are bone chilling!!...Jehovah is really and truly getting us ready for what's coming..after  this convention...

I had the same feeling in 1958 when Br. Knorr spoke in New York at the Yankee Stadium to 250,000 people.  It ended with these words...

GOD’S Kingdom Rules –

Is the World’s End Near?

Oh, therefore, let all men of good will turn now to God for Earth’s government!  All hail to God’s kingdom that now rules!  May it bring the old world’s end…May his kingdom usher in the everlasting new world to man’s eternal salvation and to God’s unfading glory by Jesus Christ!

Thrilling times indeed.

These talks...are bone chilling!!! I can say we have NEVER ( at least to my knowledge I'm 32 )...
Had talks like this...Jehovah is really and truly getting us ready for what's coming..after  this convention I cannot even imagine what 2019 is going to be like as far as the 3 Day if this system last that long..im so ready for June 15th..16th and 17th to come...I wonder will there be VIDEOS to accompany theses talks???

Physical releases no. There will be none. As for digital releases... perhaps... Although, many Translation teams have been quite busy with the revised study book, not to mention the Study Bible, and, really, the nwt text itself.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Physical releases no. There will be none. As for digital releases... perhaps... Although, many Translation teams have been quite busy with the revised study book, not to mention the Study Bible, and, really, the nwt text itself.

Please reserve comments like this for the spoiler thread. Some, like myself, don’t like to know the details before a convention.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

This is not a spoiler.  It was announced last year that there will no longer be physical releases at the conventions.  If there is a release, you can download it or wait and request a copy through your congregation.  And it is pretty safe to say without spoiling anything that we all know of two releases already.  That will be the Dramatic Bible Reading and the Jonah Drama videos, and these will be download only.

9 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

This is not a spoiler.  It was announced last year that there will no longer be physical releases at the conventions.  If there is a release, you can download it or wait and request a copy through your congregation.  And it is pretty safe to say without spoiling anything that we all know of two releases already.  That will be the Dramatic Bible Reading and the Jonah Drama videos, and these will be download only.

Oh yeah that’s right. I was thinking that he was saying we wouldn’t be getting any new books. We might. We just won’t get them released at the convention :)

12 hours ago, Shannie said:

I wonder will there be VIDEOS to accompany theses talks???

Yes, if there’s videos that would be awesome! The videos would be very short though because the deep Sunday talks aren’t that long.

5 hours ago, shans81 said:

Few hairs will stand on end on Sunday I think. I love these types of talks but a symposium like that is going to be very hard hitting indeed. 

May very well be our last convention in this system :o

It has been a long and winding road we have traversed!   With Jehovah God's help, may we all keep

our senses....because, world conditions are headed toward a really frightening place.....if we look

and pay attention, we can see it and feel it...conditions are completely changing to allow for

Bible prophecy to be happening right in front of us.

Perhaps, we are about to reach our destination!

Matthew 24:42-44    42 "Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day

your Lord is coming.  43 "But know one thing, that if the householder

had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept

awake and not allowed his house to be broken into.  44 On this account

you too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think

to be it, the Son of man is coming." 

Edited by nanceebgd46

5 hours ago, shans81 said:

Few hairs will stand on end on Sunday I think. I love these types of talks but a symposium like that is going to be very hard hitting indeed. 

Yupper! Just had a flashback to the "basement videos" after the gasp and then the awed quietness of the audience at the  end of the last one.  Still sends shivers.........looking forward to the program this year.   

SUNDAY AFTERNOON:

3:50 Closing Song and Prayer

Since our Kingdom Melodies hold a special place in my heart (and millions of others), I admit that I am intrigued by what this song could be.  It seems unlikely that it would be a new/unheard song, because normal procedures from the recent past calls for: (1) a release on jw.org, (2) download lyrics and melody for practicing (i.e. family worship) and (3) to finally introduce the song(s) to sing them at our meetings.

or --

Could "the closing song" be similar to what I've noticed at Special/International conventions in the past year or so -- a song that Jehovah's people are already familiar with (i.e., JWB original song) that will publicly affirm our love for Jehovah and Jesus, courageousness/fearlessness in the face of future persecution, contentment in our brotherhood, etc.?!

Well, whatever it may be, I'm surely looking forward to lifting my voice in praise to our Creator! :)

30 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

SUNDAY AFTERNOON:

Since our Kingdom Melodies hold a special place in my heart (and millions of others), I admit that I am intrigued by what this song could be.  It seems unlikely that it would be a new/unheard song, because normal procedures from the recent past calls for: (1) a release on jw.org, (2) download lyrics and melody for practicing (i.e. family worship) and (3) to finally introduce the song(s) to sing them at our meetings.

or --

Could "the closing song" be similar to what I've noticed at Special/International conventions in the past year or so -- a song that Jehovah's people are already familiar with (i.e., JWB original song) that will publicly affirm our love for Jehovah and Jesus, courageousness/fearlessness in the face of future persecution, contentment in our brotherhood, etc.?!

Well, whatever it may be, I'm surely looking forward to lifting my voice in praise to our Creator! :)

We had a completely new song for the Annual Meeting... we just received the music a few weeks beforehand.  It will be a simple thing to release new music at the end of April/beginning of May -- plenty of time to learn it before the Convention season begins!  :D

4 hours ago, Hope said:

We had a completely new song for the Annual Meeting... we just received the music a few weeks beforehand.  It will be a simple thing to release new music at the end of April/beginning of May -- plenty of time to learn it before the Convention season begins!  :D

Good point.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, Astrid said:

Once I'm finished I'll upload it here

Great. Would live a copy too. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

The 2018 Regional Convention blew me away too! Am really looking forward to the Sunday program. Can't help thinking how it shows we're so close to the end!! In a way it's exciting to know this horrible old system will soon be history!!! In the meantime we need to work hard and build faith and courage with Jehovah's help. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25