Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Un-United Nations


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1475 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

After days of tense behind-the-scenes negotiations, the UN Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution proposing a 30-day humanitarian ceasefire in Syria, but Russia and the US did not present a united front. And pointed out that “credibility of the UN Security Council is at stake.”

https://www.rt.com/news/419753-syria-unsc-resolution-ceasefire/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

 

 

It really shows who controls the world!

This leads me to a thinking question to what extent wicked spirits are trying to prevent the "Peace and Security" to emerge.

 

Edited by Gregexplore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Isn’t whole media essentially a propaganda machine run by wicked spirits? 

 

By that logic jw.org/en/news is run by wicked spirits...

So the answer to your question is "No," however, I still believe Russia Today is a propaganda machine run by Putin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t whole media essentially a propaganda machine run by wicked spirits? 

Not really. Quite a few working within news media are really concerned with uncovering the truth and spreading correct information. Some have a biased world view, and we need to learn to make a distinction. But wicked spirits will try to influence politicians, organisations, journalists, enraged masses of people.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the top topic title in mind ... :)

Hey guys ...Just a heads up ... The mods have been in long discussions as to how to make this forum a kinder gentler place.. a place where we don’t have to die on every mole hill....  sort of like visiting our brothers and sisters in their homes and having an interchange of encouragement and a mutual learning experience.We are forming some suggestions and policies that will meet that goal. If you have any ideas please PM or leave a message in confidential talk. 

PS...

We would love to hear from everyone.... including you.

Edited by Lance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lance said:

With the top topic title in mind ... :)

Hey guys ...Just a heads up ... The mods have been in long discussions as to how to make this forum a kinder gentler place.. a place where we don’t have to die on every mole hill....  sort of like visiting our brothers and sisters in their homes and having an interchange of encouragement and a mutual learning experience.We are forming some suggestions and policies that will meet that goal. If you have any ideas please PM or leave a message in confidential talk. 

PS...

We would love to hear from everyone.... including you.


 

 

>:D<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

 

By that logic jw.org/en/news is run by wicked spirits...

So the answer to your question is "No," however, I still believe Russia Today is a propaganda machine run by Putin.

Just a word of caution regarding our neutral stand as Witnesses. 

Even if you feel like; it it’s better to keep such feelings to yourself 

I was simply reporting content .... do you think that the CONTENT of the report is false?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*** g 12/13 p. 7 Can You Trust the News Media? ***
While it is wise not to believe everything we read in the news, it does not follow that there is nothing we can trust. The key may be to have a healthy skepticism, while keeping an open mind.
The Bible says: “Does not the ear itself test out words as the palate tastes food?” (Job 12:11) Here, then, are some tips that will help us to test out the words we hear and read:
PROVIDER: Does the report come from a credible, authoritative person or organization? Does the program or publication have a reputation for seriousness or for sensationalism? Who provide the funds for the news source?
SOURCES: Is there evidence of thorough research? Is the story based on just one source? Are the sources reliable, fair, and objective? Are they balanced, or have they been selected to convey only one point of view?
PURPOSE: Ask yourself: ‘Is the news item primarily to inform or entertain? Is it trying to sell or support something?’
TONE: When the tone of a news item is angry, spiteful, or highly critical, it suggests that an attack is under way and not a reasoned argument.
CONSISTENCY: Are the facts consistent with those in other articles or reports? If stories contradict one another, be careful!
TIMELINESS: Is the information recent enough to be acceptable? Something thought to be correct 20 years ago may be discounted today. On the other hand, if the news item is a breaking story, it may lack complete and comprehensive information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stavro said:

*** g 12/13 p. 7 Can You Trust the News Media? ***
While it is wise not to believe everything we read in the news, it does not follow that there is nothing we can trust. The key may be to have a healthy skepticism, while keeping an open mind.
The Bible says: “Does not the ear itself test out words as the palate tastes food?” (Job 12:11) Here, then, are some tips that will help us to test out the words we hear and read:
PROVIDER: Does the report come from a credible, authoritative person or organization? Does the program or publication have a reputation for seriousness or for sensationalism? Who provide the funds for the news source?
SOURCES: Is there evidence of thorough research? Is the story based on just one source? Are the sources reliable, fair, and objective? Are they balanced, or have they been selected to convey only one point of view?
PURPOSE: Ask yourself: ‘Is the news item primarily to inform or entertain? Is it trying to sell or support something?’
TONE: When the tone of a news item is angry, spiteful, or highly critical, it suggests that an attack is under way and not a reasoned argument.
CONSISTENCY: Are the facts consistent with those in other articles or reports? If stories contradict one another, be careful!
TIMELINESS: Is the information recent enough to be acceptable? Something thought to be correct 20 years ago may be discounted today. On the other hand, if the news item is a breaking story, it may lack complete and comprehensive information.

 

I like that.  I just wish it were possible to get good reliable news... till then I will watch the comedians on youtube, at least you know what angle they are coming from.  hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2018 at 6:17 PM, Gregexplore said:

This leads me to a thinking question to what extent wicked spirits are trying to prevent the "Peace and Security" to emerge.

 

Well that assumes that although in Tartarus (a state of dense spiritual darkness), these wicked spirits are nonetheless fully aware of this prophecy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Awakened said:

 

Well that assumes that although in Tartarus (a state of dense spiritual darkness), these wicked spirits are nonetheless fully aware of this prophecy.

 

Not ALL of the "wicked spirit forces" (demons) are in Tartarus, I don't think so anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Awakened said:

 

Well that assumes that although in Tartarus (a state of dense spiritual darkness), these wicked spirits are nonetheless fully aware of this prophecy.

O yes, but please listen to a new video talk by

David Schafer- Survive the Great Day (Rev. 16:16)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Musky said:

 

Not ALL of the "wicked spirit forces" (demons) are in Tartarus, I don't think so anyway.

Tartarus is a condition rather than a particular location

The dense darkness similarly is not literally a lack of light but results from their being cut off from illumination by God as renegades and outcasts from his family, with only a dark outlook as to their eternal destiny.

 

 

ALL demons are in this condition,

Edited by Gregexplore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Tartarus is a condition rather than a particular location

 

 

Yes, I realize that, but the scriptures show that it is the angels that forsook their positions in Noah's day that were "confined to  dense darkness" in Tartarus.

 

  • Tartarus
    • In the Christian Greek Scriptures, a prison like abased condition into which the disobedient angels of Noah’s day were cast.

Edited by Musky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Musky said:

 

Yes, I realize that, but the scriptures show that it is the angels that forsook their positions in Noah's day that were "confined to  dense darkness" in Tartarus.

 

  • Tartarus
    • In the Christian Greek Scriptures, a prison like abased condition into which the disobedient angels of Noah’s day were cast.


 

 

 

Isn't that where all the demons come from? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.1.2 (changelog)