JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2206 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced a crackdown on knives Sunday in response to the rising levels of violence in London, which recently surpassed New York City's homicide rate for the first time. 

"No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife," Khan tweeted. "Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law." 

There have been more than 50 homicides in London so far in 2018, and much of the violence is tied to gangs. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/world/2018/04/09/london-mayor-knife-control/500328002/?from=new-cookie

Sharper knife laws.... I see what they did there.  

And here some thought it was a bit ludacris when comments were made about needing to restrict knives if guns were outlawed completely ...... :shrugs:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In my local area crime has sored also. The little shop just over the road from me has been robbed three times in a row by masked thugs with weapons. (Knives and chisels). Within the space of two weeks. There have been people stalked by masked youth gangs, a local murder outside the Mcdonalds about a 5-10 minuet drive from here. Someone had a bike robbed in the local underpass at knife point. A home had a break in by a gang of men with axes, one with a gun. There was an attempt on a woman's life and her newborn by 15 year olds in broad daylight in the lane just a couple of minuets from me. The bigger shop over the road had it's metal shutters proffesionally cut a hole through and following a 4x4 truck smashed through the front doors and they drove off with the ATM.

All that was in the space of less than two months locally. I don't know if these cases are linked, the same groups of people, or just a lot of different criminals here now.