Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Firefly...


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

What is firefly exactly?
 

A space western set 500 years in the future. The series was cancelled in it's first season in 2002 but there are die hard fans 16 years later.

I think it was a great show but not every ones cup of tea...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I just bought the entire Firefly season (in the right order) for $9.99 on Amazon Prime Video. I can watch it on any device at any time, so I'm in the middle of a Firefly marathon.

 

Shiny!

I was happy to find out that my TV had an Amazon app that would play any video that I purchase or rent from Amazon Prime Video. So I get to watch this on my big screen too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A space western set 500 years in the future. The series was cancelled in it's first season in 2002 but there are die hard fans 16 years later.

I think it was a great show but not every ones cup of tea...

 

Yes, definitely that^^^

 

It was wonderful!  I never heard of it 'til the "Serenity" movie came out.  We actually watched it twice at the theatre for full price, we liked it so well.  After finding and watching the series on Netflix, I was SO sorry there wasn't another season!  It was really good... such positive, realistic depictions of the various relationships on the ship.  Excellent adventures. 

 

Very shiny!  ❤️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hope said:

 

Yes, definitely that^^^

 

It was wonderful!  I never heard of it 'til the "Serenity" movie came out.  We actually watched it twice at the theatre for full price, we liked it so well.  After finding and watching the series on Netflix, I was SO sorry there wasn't another season!  It was really good... such positive, realistic depictions of the various relationships on the ship.  Excellent adventures. 

 

Very shiny!  ❤️ 

The studio really messed up when they originally broadcast it in the wrong order. It's better if you see the original pilot first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

So only 1 season?
How many episodes?

I have some spare time while I am on vacation....

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}
 

Here's all the scoop you will need:  https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. Episode 1 done. It's looking like fun. I liked Nathan as an actor in Castle as well.
I'll have to finish them in 2 more weeks before I leave my daughters free data... I don't have internet at home...
Oh well..


Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just bought the entire Firefly season (in the right order) for $9.99 on Amazon Prime Video. I can watch it on any device at any time, so I'm in the middle of a Firefly marathon.

 

Shiny!

Awesome! Love Firefly!

Still need to watch serenity.


Edited by Katty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My firefly marathon is over. 14 episodes followed by serenity...
My son-in-law has Amazon and hulu so I was able to watch them in HD.
Any other suggestions before I leave the free movie-fest and return to being data starved... I was thinking some new Lost In Space. Has anyone seen any West world? I remember the original with Yul Brynner, but I've heard mixed reports.. TIA
PS my son-in-law speaks Chinese.
Free translation... 76ccef30138c11cf82d371e943d0455d.jpg

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

It's not what I remember from the original... oh well, I'll keep looking

It's 2 days before I leave the US...

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

 

 

 

 

 No,, it's a reinterpretation.  2 season series based on a 2 hour movie. 

 

Well, 2 movies counting Futureworld 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

It's not what I remember from the original... oh well, I'll keep looking

It's 2 days before I leave the US...

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

 

 

 

 

Are you flying?

I like Emirates ..their ICE system is unbeatable .... currently 900 movies plus hundreds more of other stuff...screens are crispy and big...

Qantas is not bad too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes flying out tomorrow. Not a day too soon. Hurricane Hector heading toward big Island Wednesday. Cat 4. Yuk.
Had enough Cat 4 with TC Debbie that smashed us last year.
Coincidentally, my daughter was over visiting us last year when TC Debbie hit. 10 days no power. 7 days no water. Roads cut. Airport closed.
Now we are visiting them in Hawaii and Hector appears...
Hmmmmm....... payback? ba32dc3444497e81f796099cd3758ebe.jpg

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Yes flying out tomorrow. Not a day too soon. Hurricane Hector heading toward big Island Wednesday. Cat 4. Yuk.

You watched the whole season of Firefly while on vacation in Hawaii? :eek:

 

Which side of the island are you on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.7.20 (changelog)