JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What if there were no more turtles?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The world would not be the same. What pic are we going to put on our brochures?
What about Donatella, Rafael, Michael-Angelo and the other one?
What am I going to use when I play my guitar?
What protein substitute will I use for my famous (and tasty) soup?
What will my sunglasses frames be made of?

The world as we know it would cease! b2ede19f67b158a16795cfbc8b1ce9e3.jpgfa946bd8e3563290cd1521f460ed392d.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser}

Turtles are friends with many animals. Why?

Because turtles help build their homes free of charge :)

"Turtles also provide homes for a lot of critters. Burrows dug by gopher tortoises shelter over 350 species, including burrowing owls, rabbits, and bobcats."

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Went to the zoo last week.  One tortoise had rolled on it's side and couldn't get back up again.  Another tortoise came to the rescue....

If you go back next week, so can take a pic of the finale. I would have said video it, but you prob don't have that much memory...

Older {waiting for wiser}

3 minutes ago, ivy said:

Your thread truly eye opening! @Tortuga

Informative and refreshing in the same time :laugh:

Just come to know that they can be so big! Jehovah's creation is truly awesome!

You didn't trick me, right? That's real? Not made from stone or wood?

The Galapagos Giant Tortoise is probably the best well known animal of the Galapagos Isles. Galapagos Giant Tortoises keep growing until they are about 40 – 50 years old and can reach a weight of 500 pounds. The Galapagos Giant Tortoise can grow to be 5 feet tall this makes them the largest tortoises in the world. In general, they are the longest living of all vertebrates (animals with backbones).

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

24 minutes ago, coonie77 said:

Yes, I could easily ride on it 😉

I love your pictures. I looked at some of your "World Tour" pictures too...:thumbsup:

Ah, but what of tortoises? :P (The difference is that tortoises live on land and have legs, they move faster than you'd think, and turtles live mainly in the sea and have finns. They are awfully slow on land because they have to drag themselves around with them.)

Edit: And then I only just realise that was explained in the link. Lol.

Edited by EccentricM

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Ah, but what of tortoises? :P (The difference is that tortoises live on land and have legs, they move faster than you'd think, and turtles live mainly in the sea and have finns. They are awfully slow on land because they have to drag themselves around with them.)

Edit: And then I only just realise that was explained in the link. Lol.

"Turtles" appears to be an acceptable inclusive term...

On 9/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

"Turtles also provide homes for a lot of critters. Burrows dug by gopher tortoises shelter over 350 species, including burrowing owls, rabbits, and bobcats."

Not to mention that one of those species that use their borrows is the eastern diamondback rattlesnake - and that can come as a real surprise to anyone who decided to dig up a burrow :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

Not to mention that one of those species that use their borrows is the eastern diamondback rattlesnake - and that can come as a real surprise to anyone who decided to dig up a burrow :eek:

Just another reason to not mess with turtles...we got friends...😁

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

By the time the diamondbacks move in the turtles are long gone ... they do NOT co-habit :nope: 

Oxymoron? Aren't diamondbacks really really fast and turtles well you know ...

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

Oxymoron? Aren't diamondbacks really really fast and turtles well you know ...

....smarter.