JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China plans to launch artificial moon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2014 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They want to save on electricity but launching three artificial moons to light up the night sky and complement moon light. 😕

I don't think this is part of the "signs in the sun and moon and stars", but who knows?  This wacky idea may even work!  Or not....

The Russians gave up on a similar idea back in 1999, and the French artist who imagined it wanted to use the idea to light up Paris....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-18/chinese-city-plans-to-launch-artificial-moon-by-2020/10392862

11 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This wacky idea may even work!  Or not....

I didn't see a size mentioned in the article.  How big are they figuring on?

Will these proposed satellites be large enough to induce any gravitational anomalies?

What about concealed weapons systems on them? That would not be something I would want over my head at all times..

Have they figured out why their other satellites fall to Earth?(yeah,  I know,  gravity)

How do they plan on avoiding space tag with all the rest of the junk up there?

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I didn't see a size mentioned in the article.  How big are they figuring on?

Will these proposed satellites be large enough to induce any gravitational anomalies?

Not so much. It would be sufficient to deploy a relatively light-weight, foldable array of sails made of thin, reflecting foil. Since it would be flat, it would have hardly any mass compared to the moon, which is a three-dimensional sphere made of rock.

One thing that would be worrying would be the effect on animal life and behaviour, as well as subconscious effects on humans, quality of sleep and in turn overall health.

Sounds like a really dumb idea in any case

On 10/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, ChocoBro said:

It would be sufficient to deploy a relatively light-weight, foldable array of sails made of thin, reflecting foil.

What happens during the daytime?

Has anyone seen Diamonds are Forever? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D