JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"The Undecided" A Book By Thomas Walker

13 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I hope you will come back when you're finished, and let me know what you think?

I have to finish reading the book I am in the middle of now but I will definitely come back and let you know. I have really enjoyed your other books so there is no reason to think I won't enjoy this one. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What an interesting group of characters! Brilliant!

You're going to like it even more ... there's talk of a place called Tortuga in it.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 12/7/2018 at 6:41 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Just got the #3 book onto my Kindle.

Now, for six plus uninterrupted hours to enjoy it....

Wish it were available on MP3 to listen to. :D

....& wouldn’t it be great to have different voices for all the different characters!! 😉

Loved it all. It makes you think about future days and the possible issues that could arise. Imagine those that might be resurrected that had been superstars (not witnesses) who are so used to the adulation of essentially everyone and some of the difficulties. I did see a few misspellings, do you want to know, and how if so.

6 hours ago, pnutts said:

wife not sure yet if she likes book or not. 🌗

Yeah, I expected more people to have that reaction, actually. 

2 hours ago, SoCal4me2 said:

Loved it all. It makes you think about future days and the possible issues that could arise.

Which was the point of this one. I'm glad it came through. The idea started with the ideas that Israel escaped slavery in Egypt, and the Early Christians escaped genocide in Jerusalem... and then the difficult part started; because they had a different idea of what to expect.

16 hours ago, Jothob said:

....& wouldn’t it be great to have different voices for all the different characters!! 😉

Hey, I'm all for an audio drama version. I listen to Audiobooks all the time; and the idea of mine being adapted makes me happy dance in my chair. Now if only I knew people with a recording studio, plenty of different voices; and are willing to work for free. 😅

Edited by Thomas Walker

On 12/8/2018 at 10:40 PM, Stormswift said:

You're going to like it even more ... there's talk of a place called Tortuga in it.

I just met

Spoiler

Walters dad. I like him already...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So, about that 4th book, @Thomas Walker... :D just kidding

This is really a very nice story.

I like the idea about

Spoiler

the fact that all 3 undecided represent one element of our corrupt world, religion, business, politics.

That's very clever.

7 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Which was the point of this one. I'm glad it came through. The idea started with the ideas that Israel escaped slavery in Egypt, and the Early Christians escaped genocide in Jerusalem... and then the difficult part started; because they had a different idea of what to expect.

Hey, I'm all for an audio drama version. I listen to Audiobooks all the time; and the idea of mine being adapted makes me happy dance in my chair. Now if only I knew people with a recording studio, plenty of different voices; and are willing to work for free. 😅

But you can work the impossible in your novels! Surely you can come up with something! Haha! 😂😂

Btw I’m loving ‘The undecided.’ You’ve brought out a perspective I’ve never thought of. Hey won’t it be great once we’re there to see how close your scenarios were! Or maybe you were way off! Lol! 

Good reading all the same, so thank you for your creativity 👍☺️

14 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Since I don’t ‘bet’, I would imagine that among those who post here you could get some great reading voices, men & women. Maybe you should accept some unsolicited audition audio files! And if you happen to have a Mac, you have all the programs you need to record your own audiobook. I know I’m probably making it sound easier than it really is...but I do believe it should not be terribly hard. But I have not done it before (iMovie doesn’t count really) so maybe it is harder than I think: Free work for the fun of it! 

Hi brother,

Just finished the firs book and started the second one. Nice to see that your view of the new World is basicly my view, especialy the tech stuff! :)

With a fully working mind, we can develop everything far better stuff then in this system. I realy, realy enjoyed your book. Thank you for sharing it.

Ronald Nanne

I'm happy to report that thanks to you guys, all three of the 'New Earth' trilogy, are currently in the 'Top 100' in the 'Christian>Future' Category at Amazon. A small pool, I grant you; and the number will drop out of sight soon enough, but it's still nice to see.

7 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I'm happy to report that thanks to you guys, all three of the 'New Earth' trilogy, are currently in the 'Top 100' in the 'Christian>Future' Category at Amazon. A small pool, I grant you; and the number will drop out of sight soon enough, but it's still nice to see.

Ahh that’s great! Well done you deserve it & we all love your books ☺️

Some parts I highlighted because I love them : 

Spoiler

“You lost people in a world where nobody could be saved. We lose people now, in a world where everyone can be with us for all eternity, it’s just a touch different.”

Really made me think about the responsability of the preaching work in Paradise.

Spoiler

“I don’t ‘lift’.” Walter said plainly. “For all your talk about ‘everyone being equal’ and nobody being ‘above others’, it took me less than a day to find your own ‘class distinction’.” Vindicated, Walter turned to go, chin up. Hitch caught him by the shoulder.

“Walter, this world has an Authority. Like any government, it has responsibilities to its citizens, it has opportunities for newcomers, and it gives blessings and rewards. You’re asking for all of the benefits, and none of the responsibility. For all your talk about how ‘this world can’t work’, you still want it to work for you, and ask nothing in return.” He shrugged impishly. “Did it take a day to spot our hypocrisy, or yours?”

Walter said nothing to that.

Booooooom :D

Spoiler

“If your sister came back yesterday, what would you tell her?”

The question caught Atxi off guard. She would have to tell Patli that their world was gone. That The Temple was gone…

And then she’d tell Patli that this world was different. A place where people didn’t fight, where nobody went hungry, or was carved up on the Stone Altar. She’d tell Patli all about the animals, all about the aircraft making it possible to fly across the world, about the food and drink, better than anything they could have dreamed of before...

Yes, so much yes :crying:

Spoiler

Drew took Atxi to her private office, guided her to a chair, and then shut the door. She pulled over another chair, sitting with the grey haired woman, and took both her hands in her own.

Thank you, Jehovah.” Drew said softly. “Thank you for not keeping your very best qualities all to yourself. Thank you for giving us creativity, and laughter, and courage, and love. Thank you for a beautiful world, and an awe inspiring world. Thank you for sifting through all our sins to find something good . We know that we’re insignificant next to you, and that you are without flaw. Thank you for seeing us better than we saw each other.”

Atxi watched all this through eyes that she pretended were closed. She was observing, not taking part. She could go on forever, couldn’t she? Atxi asked herself. We could spend eternity finding more and more things to thank the Creator for. ‘We’? Did I really just think that?

So many thanks... and the effect of praying with a student. Great part!

Spoiler

"I did the math on it. When the world was at its worst, there were hundreds of thousands of new brothers per year. One of a very few religions where the numbers were going up instead of collapsing. It shook out to a new brother in the world every minute and a half. As bad as my day was, if I held out another minute , someone would gain eternal life, and be part of my family."

Hold fast, guys :crying: 

Edited by Dages

There is a note by the author at the bottom of the book description. It says the books are inspired by the beliefs and teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses,  but I am not affiliated with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

But, you ARE a brother, right?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

1 hour ago, JudyO said:

But, you ARE a brother, right?

LOL. Yes, I am indeed. Raised a JW, baptized for more than a decade, waiting patiently to feel like I'm any good as a Witness; but still here nonetheless.

The books are also published under a pseudonym, because I've got five more secular novels under a different name, and I wanted to create a firewall between that, and my Bible Based imaginings. If an apostate finds my other books; and associated blog, email address...

The note is to make it clear that I am not part of the writing committee, the Anointed, the FDS, or anyone that creates our official literature or material. I'm a publisher.

The internet provides the freedom to pour your heart out; because it gives you a certain distance, with that keyboard in the way. It does the same with hate speech; so I wanted a disclaimer to be on the record.