JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Assembly Hall Bathroom Partitions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1821 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Assembly Hall recently replaced all of the bathroom stall doors. I learned that the doors sit on a tapered plastic pin that can be rotated so when the door is in a resting position it should be open about 4 inches. The upper hinge uses a plastic pin about the size and shape of half a pencil. 

The larger ADA doors use a metal pin instead of a plastic pin. When we replaced the doors (over 60 doors) we replaced the upper and lower pins with new ones.

Unfortunately it was reported last week that one of the ADA doors in the women's restroom had fallen off. :(

When I checked it I noticed it had a plastic pin instead of a metal pin. I checked the other three ADA doors and they also had plastic pins. :o

There were several volunteers that day and somehow the metal pins that we had installed were replaced with plastic pins. Since the doors work by pivoting on a tapered pin, the door travels up and down as it opens and closes. It appears that the extra weight of the larger ADA door caused enough friction on the plastic pin that it slowly worked it's way up and out of it's hole.

Since the door was damaged and had damaged another door when it fell, I moved them to a less conspicuous location and reused them. I located enough metal pins that I could replace the plastic pins with the metal pins that should have been installed.

Part of my weekly routine is to check the door hinges and latches now.

I will never look at a bathroom stall the same way again..:lol1:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I’m just happy with doors and partitions. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

We just had our work be to check over everything. It's so nice to see all the young and older ones getting involved with all aspects of hall maintenance.  My job  this time around was to inspect the walls and ceilings.  Yep, 4 walls and a ceiling were still there. all good for another year.  :D

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 5 weeks later...

Recently the Builder Assistant site added Bath Partitions to the list of skills so I updated my profile to include that skill. This morning I received an invitation to help install bathroom partitions in a KH in Oakland. (:P)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Recently the Builder Assistant site added Bath Partitions to the list of skills so I updated my profile to include that skill

Be careful what you wish for. Jehovah is Listening.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Recently the Builder Assistant site added Bath Partitions to the list of skills so I updated my profile to include that skill. This morning I received an invitation to help install bathroom partitions in a KH in Oakland. (:P)

yeah

come do ours next....its warm in Florida....lol

AH has a good crew for partitions.....Local not so much...but many willing ones getting training lately in LDC

I saw the group @ las Olas 9th st Ft Lauderdale installing and then even more people trained and installing last week @ 20th Street Ft lauderdale....and a different group removing them in Vero Beach last week