JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Edition July 2019 WOW WOW WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1790 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This makes me think about a story of a brother in Russia, back in the day, when KGB went to his place to look for litterature and he answered that they won't find anything, that the young policeman was new in this mission, but that the brother had been preparing for this for decades.

Maybe it was in a yearbook. Very encouraging.

Found it ! Yearbook 2008 

By the 1970’s, the brothers had become skilled at producing, distributing, and concealing literature. Sometimes, though, situations arose that called for quick thinking. Grigory Sivulsky recalls: “Once in 1976 our house was searched. The evening before, I carelessly put some reports and addresses of the brothers under a chest of drawers. During the search, the KGB looked very sure of themselves, as if they knew exactly where to look and what to look for. One of the KGB agents said to me: ‘Bring some pliers and a screwdriver over here—we’re going to take apart the couch.’ I prayed and answered in a confident voice:

“‘If you had sprung the search on us in the way you searched the homes of other Witnesses, you would have found something at my place. But it’s too late today. You won’t find anything.’

“‘And what would we have found?’ asked the agent.

“‘The Watchtower and Awake! magazines. But you won’t find anything today.’

“Offering them the tools, I said, ‘After the search, you’ll have to put the couch back together so it looks the same way it does now.’

“For a minute, they stood undecided. Sensing their uncertainty, I turned to one of them, a young man, and said: ‘I’m guessing that you have been searching for the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses for no longer than three years. But I’ve been hiding literature since 1947. You don’t need to waste your time here; the literature is in a secure place.’

“To my surprise, they left. The reports and addresses of the brothers had been so accessible that any hand could have easily reached them.”

Edited by Dages

42 minutes ago, Dages said:

This makes me think about a story of a brother in Russia, back in the day, when KGB went to his place to look for litterature and he answered that they won't find anything, that the young policeman was new in this mission, but that the brother had been preparing for this for decades.

Maybe it was in a yearbook. Very encouraging.

Found it ! Yearbook 2008 

It took almost a decade to happen again in Russia from 2008. Im wondering how long will we really need this advice on July study edition. 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

It took almost a decade to happen again in Russia from 2008. Im wondering how long will we really need this advice on July study edition. 

Could be sooner than we think. I mean, look how the world is rallying around the destruction of a Catholic church and raising money. Can you imagine the entire world declaring war on Christendom this afternoon? But that's exactly how quickly it can go down! Keep on the watch.

32 minutes ago, Duplo said:

Could be sooner than we think. I mean, look how the world is rallying around the destruction of a Catholic church and raising money. Can you imagine the entire world declaring war on Christendom this afternoon? But that's exactly how quickly it can go down! Keep on the watch.

Yes..  I hope its sooner than we think.. Im tired of being  a victim of injustice in this system. 

The media is spreading  bad reputation of all religions now so I think people won't care if religions will be attacked. It's going to be easy for UN to do it. Jehovah is preparing the way. 

41 minutes ago, JennyM said:

The media is spreading  bad reputation of all religions now so I think people won't care if religions will be attacked. It's going to be easy for UN to do it. Jehovah is preparing the way. 

Do you have some references to this? 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

17 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

😊Oh ok.

Perhaps what @JennyM

is referring to is the media's constant hostility toward Bible standards of morality. Many in the media talk as if they believe the Bible is filled with hate speech against women and homosexuals. Public approval of homosexuality and feminism has increased and antipathy toward religion has turned to anger, with many accusing all religions being the opposite of where the world needs to go. I can see a time soon when the majority of nations see religion as the real obstacle to social justice/progress.

2 hours ago, Duplo said:

Public approval of homosexuality and feminism has increased and antipathy toward religion has turned to anger, with many accusing all religions being the opposite of where the world needs to go. I can see a time soon when the majority of nations see religion as the real obstacle to social justice/progress.

All of this. Now add in the widespread sexual abuse of children. BTG has to go. 

I appreciate this article because it makes things a lot more clear for those who haven’t ever lived in a country under ban, as well as for those who are currently in this situation. 

For example, the asking questions. No matter the good intentions, some things ARE private. The general public, even our own brothers and sisters, don’t need to know what happens in the area we live in if it is under ban. Be as discreet and careful as possible, and know that your actions WILL affect other friends. Even if they’re being very, very careful, if you’re just doing it halfway...it is a danger to the others. 

Also know now that technology makes it very easy for authorities to figure out what people are doing. If you find yourself in this situation in the future, PLEASE don’t post photos or mentions of activity online, please be extremely cautious when using Skype or FaceTime to communicate with others, etc. 

We trust in Jehovah and won’t be afraid, and won’t ban ourselves either, but I’ve seen friends be questioned because of others not being prepared. I’m sure those who weren’t being cautious enough felt terrible afterward, so we all need to prepare from now and be determined not to cause unnecessary issues for ourselves or others.

• 1 month later...

The September study edition is just as potent.  https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-september-2019/armageddon-is-good-news/

It has the caption "Prepare Now for Armageddon."

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Did you create a new thread for this, yet? emoji6.png

I just did - thanks for mentioning it.  

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances.