JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Edition July 2019 WOW WOW WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1790 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Nirex said:

If the states start having issues with persecution before the GT... Due to our freedom of speech stuff, could it come in a more subtle form that isn't persecution on a religion per-se but the methods the religion uses due to the method being abused by others? I.E  an absolute ban on door-to-door 'soliciting' ?

Another crafty acts of Satan against door to door, perhaps. 

From the 1930s to the 1950s,  mobbings, lynchings and other forms of violent persecution were present in the United States (and in Canada we were banned).  Here is an Index list for the US.

*** dx30-85 Mobs ***

United States

Arizona: w61 509

Arkansas: jp 82; g42 11/11 3-10; g40 9/4 6

Brooklyn Hasidic Jews: w77 471

convention at Madison Square Garden in 1939: w82 8/15 12

Illinois: jp 180; w55 585-586; g42 11/11 3, 10-12

Indiana: jp 82

Iowa: g48 7/22 17-20; g47 12/8 16-19; g46 11/22 12-16

Kentucky: g44 8/16 15

Louisiana: g43 10/13 12-13

Maine: fc40 12; g40 8/7 8-9; g40 9/4 6

Massachusetts: g48 9/8 27

Mississippi: jp 192

Missouri: w50 475; w41 352

Nebraska: w39 160

Nevada: w60 214; w58 143

New Hampshire: g42 6/10 20; w41 192; g39 7/12 14-15

New York: jp 150-152, 184; w55 489; qm55 325-326; w40 308; rg 295, 297-299; w39 281-282; g39 7/26 7; g39 11/29 20-21; g39 12/13 23-24

number of mobbings from 1933 to 1951: w79 7/1 8

Ohio: g50 5/8 9-11; w40 32; g38 11/30 26; g34 9/12 786

Oklahoma: jp 82-83; g52 3/22 10-11; g49 11/8 8-11, 28

Oregon: jp 81; g45 4/11 14; g42 11/11 3, 12-15

Pennsylvania: w39 32; g37 6/16 600

Tennessee: g51 5/8 3-4; g43 10/13 8-11

Texas: jp 181; w58 270; g49 12/8 16; w43 112; g43 1/6 10-11; g43 9/1 12-13; g42 12/9 12; w40 240; dm 23-24; fc40 12; g40 9/4 5-7

Vermont: g48 8/8 12-16; g43 10/13 4

West Virginia: jp 184-185; g48 6/8 10-12; g43 4/14 12-13; g42 8/5 20; dm 24-25; Wisconsin: g48 2/8 27-28

Wyoming: g40 12/11 24-28

EDIT:  I should note that I live just a few miles from the town of Wilshire, Ohio which was a scene of great persecution and mobbing.

Edited by jwhess

4 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Anyone else notice that it mentions to hide our literature when under ban.... not now 😋

The circuit assembly last weekend talked about putting some literature in hiding and I believe he said said before a possible ban because we never know when it could occur. From what I've been hearing lately from the broadcast, morning worship, and Publications it was my understanding to prepare prior to any unforeseen persecution.

Either to do now or wait until later is definitely a personal decision I think I would rather do it now when I have time to figure out where to put it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

The circuit assembly last weekend talked about putting some literature in hiding and I believe he said said before a possible ban because we never know when it could occur. From what I've been hearing lately from the broadcast, morning worship, and Publications it was my understanding to prepare prior to any unforeseen persecution.

Either to do now or wait until later is definitely a personal decision I think I would rather do it now when I have time to figure out where to put it.

Just going by what the WT says...

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:20 PM, halfspanishlee said:

I Just looked at it and wow😯gives me goosebumps I better get my act together and fast

I know what you mean, I keep saying I'm going to memorize the songs and my favorite scriptures but I've started this week SERIOUSLY!

I'm not really ready but as the brothers said, Jehovah is and he can help me if I do my part.  

(Song #2) this week (easy)

Edited by sunshine

Our CO emphasized the very same thing two years ago. He said it is "imperative to memorize scriptures and our beautiful kingdom songs."  Brother Sanderson said something similar in the April 2015 JWB that "singing Kingdom songs in our darkest hour will lift us up." (I believe this is from the "do not give up" program.)

No words could be truer! :bible2:

As we now know from recent discourses by the GB, our tribulation is at present (for many) so it's to our benefit to learn as many scripture and lyrics by heart now and for what lies ahead.

By Jehovah's mighty hand...I am way ahead of schedule! :)

15 hours ago, anniebea said:

Anyone else notice that it mentions to hide our literature when under ban.... not now 😋

That’s what was said at at AM. But it was also said to think where you could hide it (future) for the rest of us. 😉 There was no mention that if we were not currently under ban that we had to hide spiritual food ourselves. 

The simple fact that it’s in an article for all of us should show that we all have to be prepared for any possibility. 

8 hours ago, Mykyl said:

That’s what was said at at AM. But it was also said to think where you could hide it (future) for the rest of us. 😉 There was no mention that if we were not currently under ban that we had to hide spiritual food ourselves. 

The simple fact that it’s in an article for all of us should show that we all have to be prepared for any possibility. 

Very true Br. Mike.  The Annual Meeting talk was titled, "Are You Ready?"  The emphasis is are YOU ready, meaning each and everyone of this (not just those under ban).  After showing the 4 basic things needed, the speaker said (at the conclusion) ...if you do these things you are ready.

I know what you mean, I keep saying I'm going to memorize the songs and my favorite scriptures but I've started this week SERIOUSLY!

I'm not really ready but as the brothers said, Jehovah is and he can help me if I do my part.  

(Song #2) this week (easy)

Do we have a thread for those of us who would like help memorising songs and scriptures?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Very true Br. Mike.  The Annual Meeting talk was titled, "Are You Ready?"  The emphasis is are YOU ready, meaning each and everyone of this (not just those under ban).  After showing the 4 basic things needed, the speaker said (at the conclusion) ...if you do these things you are ready.

From that talk, he says that "the king for the north has been revealed, no doubt if persecution will expand" then he cited an example in crimea, ukraine. 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:16 PM, lovejoypeace said:

Knowing we'll be reading this and the new Pure Worship book in the near future, I believe we are cutting things very close and the GT will be here sooner than we can image.

Based on our current rate of one lesson per week, it's going to be another year and a half before we finish the current book. I wonder if that might change so we can get to the Pure Worship book sooner. What an incredible book! And while I know a few who've already read it cover-to-cover, I know a lot who don't crack open a new book until we consider it for the CBS. That's why I tell everyone I know to read the new book NOW because we may not have time to consider it formally.

Having said all that, many of the good points are making their way to Watchtower articles, Broadcast talks, and other programs. All the bases will get covered, but it's still up to each of us to stay updated on our spiritual "software."

Second article, paragraph 11 about our literature. 'Never leave such precious material where it can easily be found, EACH of us must take practical steps to remain spiritually strong'

Paragraph 15, Do not allow minor issues to divide us, Satan hopes to get us to fight each other instead of fighting him!

These articles are so direct I went to Amazon and ordered a waterproof container for the literature I want to secure somewhere safe. We truly are being warned and educated about what's coming.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

14 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Second article, paragraph 11 about our literature. 'Never leave such precious material where it can easily be found, EACH of us must take practical steps to remain spiritually strong'

Paragraph 15, Do not allow minor issues to divide us, Satan hopes to get us to fight each other instead of fighting him!

These articles are so direct I went to Amazon and ordered a waterproof container for the literature I want to secure somewhere safe. We truly are being warned and educated about what's coming.

What kind of waterproof container may I ask. 

Friends here have little plastic bags that work perfectly but I’d rather get something for myself.  Always forget to ask them.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I looked at several, some too small some too big. I thought this looked about right

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0151P1VGU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got mylar blankets and hand warmers. They weren't too bad priced either. MD and SIL are going to share these with me so splitting the cost made it better.

Because we live in a damp area I also got desiccant gel to absorb any moisture in the box.

Edited by bagwell1987

25 minutes ago, Loopy said:

What kind of waterproof container may I ask. 

Perhaps you can continue your conversation here?

https://jwtalk.net/topic/39029-hiding-spiritual-food/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Perhaps you can continue your conversation here?
https://jwtalk.net/topic/39029-hiding-spiritual-food/

I don't know how to post with this new format so I hope this goes through oh one thing I have found that would help is playing not study but playing some of the recent Publications that means it from long term memory to short-term memory it's like hiding it without putting it in your place and it's no place they can reach anyway it seems to be helping me quite a bit https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://jwtalk.net/topic/27855-what-was-your-experience-out-in-service-today/?do=findComment&comment=634882&share_tid=27855&share_pid=634882&share_fid=69068&share_type=t

Another blue sky, sun shiny, muddy roads day.
Met some nice people. Couple long haired, bearded fellas. Entered a new “do not call” on one territory. Guy definitely did not want JW’s coming to his door. 

Had one guy that seemed like he really wanted to talk. Not really about spiritual things just every day things but it was nice.

Afternoon working a sister’s territory she had a new RV she wanted to go to. It was her 3rd time going there. Turned out very well. The lady was very nice and has tons of questions.

Good thing we’re working side roads now because in a few days they’re going to get really bad. 

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Yentle said:

I don't know how to post with this new format so I hope this goes through

Welcome back!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Governing Body has written two studies of the Watchtower, to prepare us for the persecution.
We will have them on September 8 and 15/19
The articles contain practical advice. as:
1-Meetings in small groups.
2-Wear clothes that do not attract attention.
3-Talk low.
4-Do not leave publications when we preach.
5-Hide some publications at home.
6-Memorize from now on songs that strengthen us.
7-Know how to keep quiet.
8-From now: constant prayer.
9-Know Jehovah well to show our trust in him at all times.

The Watchtower of July 2019. 

Link for the first study

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019485&srcid=share

Second study

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019486&srcid=share

• 2 weeks later...

Hello brothers and sisters!! 
Our Deliverance is truly near!!

I'm sure if anyone has noticed fully but The Governing Body has written two studies of the Watchtower, to prepare us for the upcoming trial/situations ahead.
We will have them on September 8 and 15/19
Just by glancing at it, the articles contain practical advice, as:
1-Meetings in small groups.
2-Wear clothes that do not attract attention.
3-Talk low.
4-Do not leave publications when we preach.
5-Hide some publications at home.
6-Memorize from now on songs that strengthen us.
7-Know how to keep quiet.
8-From now:
constant prayer.
9-Know Jehovah well to show our trust in him at all times.

The Watchtower of July 2019.

Link for the first study

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019485&srcid=share

Second study

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019486&srcid=share

Jehovah is equipping us very soon with vital advice that will help us endure up coming persecution. Stay sharp, and agape 😉🤙

On 4/2/2019 at 11:24 AM, bagwell1987 said:

Can't hurt, can it..we have ample literature to do it..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

18 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Only problem is if I hid literature now, I won't remember where I put it. The police and I would be searching for it together. 🤣🤣🤣

Perfect. keep telling them, you know you have literature here somewhere and after  a day of looking they may give up.  What if I tell them, I left all my literature with the neighbours.  :facepalmpo2:  Or keep telling them, did you look well?  Come on, keep looking!!!  Reverse Reverse psychology. lol

I know , we can laugh about it now, but when the time comes it will be a a serious matter....or antimatter

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah