JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Edition July 2019 WOW WOW WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1791 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Pay social attention to the pictures. And you will not regret reading the life stories that are referred to.

“Special” attention is better. Social works, too? (Spellchecker, where did you get that from??)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Loved the whole thing, although I could give it only a skim look. I might want to review the last 3 RC notes, this article takes points from them. As will probably the next one too.

This sums up much

YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM PREPARING

21 We do not know when a wave of persecution or even an outright ban will affect our worship of Jehovah. However, we do know that we can prepare now by strengthening our relationship with Jehovah, by building up our courage, and by learning to cope with hatred from men. The preparations that we make now will help us stand firm in the future

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Been thinking of an illustration of how the world sees us a group of vulnerable defenseless people. Yet if you look at the bigger picture that group of people is at the foot of Jehovah's lofty throne and under his protection.

It is beyond my artistic ability to draw it but have it firmly in my mind what it looks like.

2 hours ago, Dages said:

To be studied in september... new year... is this it? WOW

Food at the proper time?!

This exactly! I truly believe with all my heart that everything the GB does is perfectly timed and relevant for the day. Knowing we'll be reading this and the new Pure Worship book in the near future, I believe we are cutting things very close and the GT will be here sooner than we can image. We don't know how quickly things can change for us! The luxuries we have of attending meetings and enjoying free religion could be gone in the blink of an eye. As mentioned on JWB, we should start finding safe place for literature in our homes if we already haven't! It's so important to stick to Jehovah in these last days!

..not only mentioned on JWB ...

When under ban, find a good place to hide your Bible and any other spiritual food you might have. Be careful never to leave such precious material—whether it is in printed or electronic form—in a location where it could easily be discovered 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

To our brothers and sisters in Russia? Most definitely. 

Yes, but intended audience for this Watchtower is ..the whole brotherhood.

Yes, food at the proper time.

It's hard to imagine for some, that persecution can come to lands like Australia.... but, hey! there is no exclusive La La Land in this wicked system run by satan.

Better prepare now.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

Yes, but intended audience for this Watchtower is ..the whole brotherhood.

Yes, food at the proper time.

It's hard to imagine for some, that persecution can come to lands like Australia.... but, hey! there is no exclusive La La Land in this wicked system run by satan.

Better prepare now.

I like your thoughts Greg, what I was thinking. Hard to imagine for USA but it will so need to prepare to hide our literature so we have something to cling to. What seems so safe now could quickly turn, better to be prepared and Jehovah is warning us now.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Good point here (I like it)

Meetings help us to draw closer to Jehovah. Our attitude toward attending meetings is a good indicator of how successful we will be at dealing with persecution in the future. (Heb. 10:24, 25) Why so? If we allow small obstacles to keep us from attending meetings now, what will happen in the future if we have to risk our safety to meet with fellow believers?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

50 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

that persecution can come to lands like Australia

45 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Hard to imagine for USA

It has happened in Canada - officially, and I believe in down under - just not officially in the States -Yet.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 minute ago, pnutts said:

It has happened in Canada - officially, and I believe in down under - just not officially in the States -Yet.

I tend to agree, we haven't had persecution per se yet. That said I think some of us have had severe persecution here. A CO once said that perhaps some of us have already/still do live our persecution. Some of us live with intense challenges, ones that can affect how we feel about Jehovah and his saving abilities. Ones that that can perhaps cause us to choose to a less challenging life or one that upholds Jehovah's standards which causes us to be continually persecuted. I guess we'll see which is true. 

9 hours ago, Thesauron said:

“Special” attention is better. Social works, too? (Spellchecker, where did you get that from??)

Spell checker changed my friend's text from Jordy, her daughter,  to horry, I thought she was being rude about her husband!!!

I don't think JWs will be outrightly banned in all countries before the tribulation begins. So this article may especially bring comfort to those serving under ban... like Russia, Middle East etc. To others, it may aid in anticipatory preparation.

Ban might happen. Persecution should be expected. We should prepare for both.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

so many spiritual gems in this two study articles....:

Memorizing scriptures and Kingdom songs*** now can serve you well during persecution

***Something I need to work on.....

No matter where we live, secular authorities may suddenly and unexpectedly ban us from worshipping our loving God, Jehovah.

12 What about weekly meetings for worship? The elders will arrange for you to attend meetings in a way that will not attract unwanted attention. They may direct you to meet in small groups, and they will likely change the meeting times and locations frequently.*** You can help keep everyone who attends safe by speaking quietly when coming to or leaving the meetings. You may also need to dress in a way that does not attract attention.

*** If we now have the habit not being at the meeting regularly .....we will not make it then under persecution...

14 Be cautious about sharing information. During a ban, we must recognize when it is “time to be silent.” (Eccl. 3:7) We must safeguard sensitive information, such as the names of our brothers and sisters, the locations where we meet, how we carry out our ministry, and how we receive spiritual food. We would not reveal these facts to the secular authorities; nor would we share them with well-meaning friends or relatives in our  country or in other countries. If we did fall into this trap, we would put the safety of our brothers at risk.

....so many detailed instructions...we have never had this before....