JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Edition July 2019 WOW WOW WOW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1763 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

I Just looked at it and wow😯gives me goosebumps I better get my act together and fast

The ball is in your court, no one can get your act together but you. Take some time to read and study the last chapter in the Organized book...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Bluebell said:

so many detailed instructions...we have never had this before..

The last chapter in the Organized book also has some good instructions that should be reviewed periodically. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Can't wait to cover this come September. Just think of how much can change from now until then. Seeing things like this really help put all that we do, struggle in, sacrifice in proper perspective so that we know it's all worth it!  🎶 🎶 We pray let it come....let it come  🎶🎶

9 hours ago, Bluebell said:

so many spiritual gems in this two study articles....:

Memorizing scriptures and Kingdom songs*** now can serve you well during persecution

***Something I need to work on.....

14 Be cautious about sharing information. During a ban, we must recognize when it is “time to be silent.” (Eccl. 3:7) We must safeguard sensitive information, such as the names of our brothers and sisters, the locations where we meet, how we carry out our ministry, and how we receive spiritual food. We would not reveal these facts to the secular authorities; nor would we share them with well-meaning friends or relatives in our  country or in other countries. If we did fall into this trap, we would put the safety of our brothers at risk.

....so many detailed instructions...we have never had this before....

It would seem I have been involuntarily preparing for this for some time by forgetting more and more names!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

6 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Can't wait to cover this come September. Just think of how much can change from now until then. Seeing things like this really help put all that we do, struggle in, sacrifice in proper perspective so that we know it's all worth it!  🎶 🎶 We pray let it come....let it come  🎶🎶

I agree..Many of us do not have a place in this world... People are just puzzled on the way we live. 

Rejecting personal pursuits for the truth, replacing on doing God's will. 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, Tortuga said:

To be studied the end of September,  just before the first week of October 2019

Interesting focus on October which is quite a traditional view historically for when the end might come. However, this weeks Watchtower article para 17 p25 made me think about how significant the Memorial season is in terms of a gauge of interest in and appreciation for the Ransom sacrifice. The original Passover deliverance provided a lesson in how expansive and generous Jehovah's extension of mercy was at that time: Ex 12:37-38. And how simple and clear his requirements for salvation were.

Edited by Eoin

39 minutes ago, Eoin said:

Interesting focus on October which is quite a traditional view historically for when the end might come.

Yea.. during our khall construction.. Many bros and sis believe that oct is a significant month...

well, anyway, Jesus said that the end will come when we least expect it. 

I think most of the Friends all over the world are really, how can I say it, "in the mood" ? "in the starting blocks" ? "Expecting" ? about this general feeling that the end is imminent.

It's exciting.

During the WT, I answered about how this Memorial could be the last (:D), the positive reaction was interesting.

1 minute ago, Dages said:

I think most of the Friends all over the world are really, how can I say it, "in the mood" ? "in the starting blocks" ? "Expecting" ? about this general feeling that the end is imminent.

It's exciting.

It is exciting. I remember about 50 years ago when the brothers in our congregation actually demonstrated what we were to do if we were banned or persecuted. I was just a kid but I remember they turned out the lights in the KH and a brother outside the KH knocked softly on the side door, he had to give a password to get into the KH. The brothers told him what the password was for the next meeting and he wasn't to tell anyone. It was a very exciting meeting...

48 minutes ago, Dages said:

It's exciting.

During the WT, I answered about how this Memorial could be the last (:D), the positive reaction was interesting.

Here Down Under we reflect the “mood” you have described. 

Our body of elders in my congregation is a fine example of this

Yes, the end is imminent indeed, and spiritual alertness is a very important factor these days, when we see the last days of the last days disappearing. 

The period called LAST DAYS is not a magical rubber band that will keep on stretching more and more. 

Jehovah through FDS is clearly preparing us for the end. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I reflect on the 2013 Watchtower article to keep my balance.

*** w13 11/15 p. 10   How Can We Maintain “a Waiting Attitude”? ***

WHEN the Messianic Kingdom was established in 1914, Satan’s system entered its final days. As a result of the war in heaven, Jesus hurled the Devil and the demons down to the vicinity of the earth. (Read Revelation 12:7-9.) Satan knows that he has only “a short period of time.” (Rev. 12:12) However, that “period of time” has gone on for decades, and some may feel that the last days have lasted a long time. As we wait for Jehovah to act, have we personally become impatient?

8 Understandably, we want Jehovah to bring an end to this wicked system soon. If we are to wait patiently, though, we need to view matters from Jehovah’s perspective. He has set a day when he will judge mankind “by a man whom he has appointed,” Jesus Christ. (Acts 17:31) But before then, God is giving all sorts of people the opportunity to gain “an accurate knowledge of truth,” to act on that knowledge, and to be saved. Precious lives are at stake. (Read 1 Timothy 2:3, 4.) If we are busy helping others to gain accurate knowledge about God, the time remaining before the coming of Jehovah’s judgment will pass more quickly. Soon—even suddenly—time will run out. When it does, how glad we will be that we kept busy in the Kingdom-preaching work!

What should be our primary focus right now? Living so close to the end.

The focus is not on a date, but rather on ourselves

Prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.” (Matt. 24:42-44) These clear statements of Jesus indicate that God’s servants will never be given the date of Christ’s “coming” for judgment until it actually takes place. In fact, it will come at what appears to them an ‘unlikely’ time.—Luke 12:39, 40.

Our Spiritual Alertness should motivate us to examine ourselves in view of the urgency of time we are living in ...

There is much weight contained in Jesus words...Prove yourselves ready.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Nothing is really exciting in not knowing when and where you will have your next meeting.... especially for those who work full time...
Jehovah will make sure us full time workers are ok....possibly by making sure we get fired! Jehovah got concerns for all of us regardless of our work schedule. Keep the the faith and be courageous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It is exciting. I remember about 50 years ago when the brothers in our congregation actually demonstrated what we were to do if we were banned or persecuted. I was just a kid but I remember they turned out the lights in the KH and a brother outside the KH knocked softly on the side door, he had to give a password to get into the KH. The brothers told him what the password was for the next meeting and he wasn't to tell anyone. It was a very exciting meeting...

50 years ago is just  like yesterday when it passed. Today, FDS is  really preparing us. The end being imminent is more clear now.

the 2nd generation that doesnt pass..

King of the North that was revealed. etc.

What's inside of the hearts of everyone will be revealed. 

23 minutes ago, JennyM said:

50 years ago is just  like yesterday when it passed. Today, FDS is  really preparing us. The end being imminent is more clear now.

Absolutely. Every day of the last 50 years brought us one day closer to Jehovah's day..

35 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Beautiful spirit you display.

Do we not look forward to that day with eager expectation?—Read 2 Peter 3:13.

W15 7/15

Why, then, should Christians today keep in expectation? Out of obedience to Jesus Christ, we remain in expectation. Also, we recognize the sign of his presence. Our expectations are based, not on a naive readiness to believe anything, but on solid Scriptural evidence that compels us to remain vigilant, awake, watchful and, yes, in expectation of this wicked system’s end.
HOW LONG?
Many of us have been keeping awake spiritually for decades. However, let us not allow the passing of time to weaken our resolve to keep in expectation. We need to be ready for Jesus’ arrival as Executioner to end this system of things. Remember that Jesus exhorted his followers: “Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is. It is like a man traveling abroad who left his house and gave the authority to his slaves, to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch. Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at dawn or early in the morning, in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping. But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”—Mark 13:33-37.

W15 8/15

Edited by Gregexplore

21 hours ago, Shannie said:

Can you cut and paste here?

*** od chap. 17 p. 162 pars. 15-16 Stay Close to Jehovah’s Organization ***
Tests that come because of wars, revolutions, or outright persecution and official bans may make it impossible for you to carry on Christian worship openly. You may not be able to meet as a congregation. Contact with the branch office may be cut off. Visits by circuit overseers may be interrupted. Publications may not arrive. If any of these things happen, what should you do?
16 The answer is, do whatever you can and as much as you can under the circumstances. Personal study should be possible. Small groups can usually meet for study in private homes. Publications studied in the past and the Bible itself can be used as a basis for meetings. Do not worry or get excited. The Governing Body will generally be able to establish some form of communication with responsible brothers in a short time.

I only quoted part of the material, the entire chapter is good to review periodically.

I really appreciate how the FDS is preparing us for the future. I remember when I first read this paragraph in the Organization book (1972) and then again in the 1983 and 2005 editions. The 2015 edition really makes it exciting because I know we are closer every day.

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Beautiful spirit you display.

Do we not look forward to that day with eager expectation?—Read 2 Peter 3:13.

W15 7/15

the bible students had kept on the watch. They used bicycles to travel all over the country , for example in France. They slept under the tree just to spread the good news. 

I am wondering if some bro and sis hadn't kept on the watch. The good news might not had reach my family and me. Then, one life has been wasted. 

I couldn't imagine be left in darkness and enslaved by sinful desires. 

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

If we are busy helping others to gain accurate knowledge about God, the time remaining before the coming of Jehovah’s judgment will pass more quickly. Soon—even suddenly—time will run out. When it does, how glad we will be that we kept busy in the Kingdom-preaching work!

This is the best advice for the current time. The numbers responding to offers of Bible studies are increasing where I am in the UK due to the streamlined method the FDS have been promoting. There is just not enough time in the day to follow up all the interest shown. Pioneering is a wonderful way to maintain our focus on why Jehovah has not brought the end as soon as some may wish.

Obviously, if you wait for something to happen, time always hangs heavy, even if you know the day and  the hour. Jehovah has given us a work to accomplish and the disciple making aspect of it will not end with the passing of this old system.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:31 PM, pnutts said:

It has happened in Canada - officially, and I believe in down under - just not officially in the States -Yet.

Not sure about the other states. But here in Columbus, GA there's been an increase in door to door issues in the neighborhoods. Not by witnesses. But I mean I watch this group on Facebook called Neighborhood Watchers that post about issues or crimes and things going on that they see here. Lately this month there's been people pretending to be mormons, and just like a week ago people going around pretending they're from Fema and collecting money to help for the tornado damage. Scams. But they all use the door to door method.

If the states start having issues with persecution before the GT... Due to our freedom of speech stuff, could it come in a more subtle form that isn't persecution on a religion per-se but the methods the religion uses due to the method being abused by others? I.E  an absolute ban on door-to-door 'soliciting' ?

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB