JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In what order to read

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1753 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Okay, stupid question. When we receive our new study watchtowers should we always read them in order or not?

Isn't it a  matter of choice, or is it not.

"And that is all I have to say about that!" :zipmouth:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

48 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Okay, stupid question. When we receive our new study watchtowers should we always read them in order or not?

I start from the left side ...slowly scrolling into the right...

I repeat the process on lower lines ...LOL :idea:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

31 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I start from the left side ...slowly scrolling into the right...

Unless it is in Hebrew or Arabic then it is right to left and back to front.🤓

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 hours ago, Margaret said:

Some issues have a sequenced series.  There may be 2 or 3 articles that build on one another.  It would be best to read them in that order so the information can build on the previous article.

Some issues have a sequenced series.  There may be 2 or 3 articles that build on one another.  It would be best to read them in that order so the information can build on the previous article.
Dear Sister Margaret,

If a topic interests you, jump in and read it. Then when you read the other articles, you can always read it again...
The study articles that were running on the same theme were easy to spot last year, as you could look inside the front cover, and it would tell you!
Looking at this month's study magazine, it's not so easy to tell, as just the title is shown (back page printed editions.)
There is an article on 'Goodness'. This is part of a series on the 'Fruits of the Spirit.' (#6 of 9).
Also, the last article on prayer (Amen) does not seem to follow on from any other article.
If I see any article on the date of the GT starting, I'll be reading that first.
Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Just Older

We have no instructions as to reading them in any kind of order. Start where you like and read it all.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

9 hours ago, Margaret said:

That’s what I was worried about 

The Slave is good at pointing out such articles, so that it's easier to read them in a particular order.  

It's also a matter of choice on the order to read the articles in a single issue.  Some friends read the small articles first.  Or they save the small articles for when they only have a few minutes to spare and read the big articles when they have more time.  Some read only a few paragraphs at a time and take more than one reading session to read a single article.

Here is an example of tying two lessons together with the first lesson focusing on congregation and second one applying the information to the world around us.  Sorry this is just a quick pick from the current Watchtower. I did not search out really cross-linked study articles.

Last week’s lesson was Jesus showing compassion and feeling or friends and the congregation.

Paragraph 10: Those circumstances and others would have helped Jesus to understand the challenges and feelings of ordinary people.

Paragraph 20: How can we display fellow feeling when making disciples? We will consider that in the following article.

This week’s lesson was the extension of Jesus love and our love for making disciples in the ministry.

Paragraph 6: As discussed in the preceding article, Jesus may have faced some of these problems himself.

Paragraph 7: What do we learn from Jesus’ example?

• 2 weeks later...