JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witnesses—Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1637 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This excellent publication is now available in JW Library 😁.  Happy days.

Also many other “older publications” are available in JW Library, including the Reasoning book.

Looks like the JW Library app. is getting its final update to catch up with Watchtower Library. This has made my day.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I can't seem to download the "Worldwide Security under the 'Prince of Peace ' " book.

Anyone else with that issue?

If you can’t download it, try this link:

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/7e/ws_E.jwpub

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

29 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I can't seem to download the "Worldwide Security under the 'Prince of Peace ' " book.

Just checked and I can't download it either.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

45 minutes ago, trottigy said:

That sounds like a good title for the first book published after Armageddon. Are they revising it already? :lol1:

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was so excited to see all of these this morning. Love the idea of having the reasoning book so handy.

One question though. I have looked on the website & the library on my computer but cant find the Commentary on the Letter of James anywhere. It was released in 1979 along with the Choosing the Best Way of Life which is available. Anyone know why it's (James book) not available anywhere electronically?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, a2zkiddos said:

Anyone know why it's (James book) not available anywhere electronically?

We don't use that book anymore. :) A person who left the organization claimed he was the author of that book, so we never quoted from it and from some time ago it's no longer included in the Watchtower Library either.

That doesn't mean the information in that book was not good, simply we don't want to give glory to any man, just to Jehovah.

If you have an older WT Library CD you can run it independent for a copy of Commentary on James. Some loved the book others less so. I didn't like the style it ws written in but the info was fine.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I actually have the physical book but was just wondering about its digital availability.

Side note. It is actually my husband's book that he received when it was released. His name is written by his mother and my new address and phone # are written in the inside cover as well as as notation about dates he would need off for the 1980 convention. Such a long time ago. Wow

I have the scanned PDF version in digital format on my Box account if anyone needs a copy of "The Commentary on James"

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

The Library download still fails to install.  But thanks, that link you provided worked.

4 hours ago, a2zkiddos said:

I was so excited to see all of these this morning. Love the idea of having the reasoning book so handy.

One question though. I have looked on the website & the library on my computer but cant find the Commentary on the Letter of James anywhere. It was released in 1979 along with the Choosing the Best Way of Life which is available. Anyone know why it's (James book) not available anywhere electronically?

I have a scanned copy of the book "Commentary on the Letter of James" in digital format in my Box account if anyone wants a copy in PDF (no jwpub files for the Library).

8 hours ago, carlos said:

We don't use that book anymore. :) A person who left the organization claimed he was the author of that book, so we never quoted from it and from some time ago it's no longer included in the Watchtower Library either.

That doesn't mean the information in that book was not good, simply we don't want to give glory to any man, just to Jehovah.

Did we ever study it at the meeting? I’ve never heard this information about the book before. Was this explained in our literature somewhere?

9 hours ago, MyCookies said:

Did we ever study it at the meeting? I’ve never heard this information about the book before. Was this explained in our literature somewhere?

Yes, we studied it during the Theocratic School not long after it was released. Excellent material!

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201979404

It was used in 1980 and also the next year. It was not used again after that.

In 1989 the Watchtower emptied the last books in their inventory. It has not been reprinted and is not included in the latest WT Library updates, WOL, or JW Library.

The history surrounding this book is a difficult chapter for many elderly full time servants, and is a reminder of a time of great testing.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 11/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, trottigy said:

can't seem to download the "Worldwide Security under the 'Prince of Peace ' " book.

Same here, haven't been able to download it either. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 11/3/2019 at 8:06 PM, Thesauron said:

you can’t download it, try this lin

Thanks alot. The link has worked for me. I managed to download it. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, Thesauron said:

Thank you. I didn't even see it in JWLibrary today. I used the link to add it. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....