JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I just like looking at him...

(10 favorite memes)

ย 

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-adorable-relatable-baby-yoda-food-memes/b64cca6dd834f39b46d667b7347a9298.jpg&key=7dc48c750a3c7726fdebc5e5f3aaa32bb45d1504f19f41e4b34da86a3106d83d

ย 

Just Older

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

... The weapon that Moff Gideon wields as he cuts his way out of the TIE fighter is a darksaber, right?ย  It's in the Clone Wars series (or so my son tells me).

There is a YouTube clip that talks a bit about the Dark Sabre and its appearance in season 2. I'll post the link here. The first few minutes are good. If you're a fan - you will get through the 10 minutes! (Couple of crass words, so might want to watch it before you show your son...)

ย 

The Mandalorian Season 2 Baby Yoda Darksaber Annoโ€ฆ:

ea5d9514da08c4fb2347c8e33385e77a.jpg&key=eccab48745db361fed2605a6083e2a0f4a85dbcb3e97a4576b381ff95698ced22c4c9b1280d13f4ffd367f976ac908cb.jpg&key=ef859d6eeabbe5a9a532cb6c90d954763b379e73a214e98213c94455735727dea4e7fe0c4c67908afc11e3da8248b7de.jpg&key=7a372cff86826e41f3811f19ba8ded0687e02dc7f32ed4d81bf6b111090b925a

ย 

Just Older

ย 

ย 

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"According to a new report fromย Variety, Jon Favreau and others are already hard at work on pre-production of a third season ofย Disneyโ€™sย The Mandalorian, months beforeย season twoย is set to air...

The second season ofย The Mandalorianย wrapped production last month and looks to be on track for its planned October release.ย "

ย 

Hey, come on guys! We haven't even seen season 2 yet... and you are talking Season 3?

ย 

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/04/report-the-mandalorian-season-3-is-already-on-the-way-at-disney/

ย 

Season3.jpg

Edited by Maสนher-shalสนal-hash-baz

Add pic

• 2 weeks later...

ย 

ย 

On 12/29/2019 at 5:06 AM, digital_dreamer said:

It appears to be a version of Mach Diamond or Shock Diamond. Itโ€™s a standing wave formation created by the supersonic exhaust gases. More info here:ย https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_diamond

ย 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:48 AM, Hope said:

Did you guys notice the pattern in the exhaust upon takeoff?ย  What does it mean?ย 

ย 

20191228_202150.jpg

Finally got around to watching it all here in the UK, so now I can partake here, and I'll start with this. Haha. Strange if it were a Rebel symbol, as it would make little sense for the character, as well as the fact that the Rebels don't exist anymore going forward, so there is nowhere to "take" that. The New Republic replaced the Rebel Alliance (as that's what they were fighting to restore).

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:53 PM, Cheeks said:

One question for the older fans: was Boba Fett a Mandalorian?

ย 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:04 PM, Shawnster said:

ย 

ย 

Jango Fett was the template for all clones.ย  Boba was an unaltered clone of Jango.

ย 

Was Fett a Mandalorian?ย  There is a Clone Wars tv show reference where a Mandalorian leader denies that Jango Fett was a Mandalorian.ย  I, personally, think that line can be interpreted to mean rejecting Jango based upon his reputation as opposed to stating a blood line.ย  Right now fandom seems to be that Fett was only wearing the armor and that he's a pretender and not a real Mandalorian.ย  Being a Mandalorian is more of a way of life than a race or nationality.ย  Remember, Din Djarin, the main character in The Mandalorian series, was found as a foundling and adopted.

ย 

This is a complex question and you'll get different answers. Boba originally in the Original trillogy was just a bounty hunter with cool armour. Later it was said he was a Mandalorian and the culture became to be invented in the lore, that they all wore the armour and such and lived by a warrior code.ย  Later via the prequels Boba was made to be the clone son of Jango Fett, who originally "was" canonised to be a Mandalorian. Later Lucas changed his mind (for...some.. reason.. :shrugs:) with the Clone Wars animated series and said he wasn't one, that he just stole the armour.

ย 

However a lot of fans were upset at this, since there has been a rich history and lore behind both characters being Manalorian in their origin stories, Lucas even seemed to insert this concept when he created Attack of the Clones by having Jango speak Mandalorian language (a real language you can learn, like Star Trek and Klingon). It also made sense that they were cloned from him and trained in his ways, as historically, Mandalorians and Jedi were rival enemies for thousands of years and were at war with each other, so they of all people knew how to take on a Jedi and how to counter their powers just by using their wits and weapons (since the true purpose of the Clones was to kill the Jedi).ย 

ย 

There were comic and games which went into detail of Jango's Mandalorian heritage too, which tied into the AOTC movie. So Lucas' 180 on that is just Lucas being classical Lucas, always changing his mind on what his "vision" is for Star Wars, even if it causes inconsistencies.

ย 

When Lucas sold SW to Disney, all the former lore and 40 years of SW history was scrapped, and only the movies, animated series and anything Disney produced was considered canon. As such this is also why it's complicated, as different fans follow different universes, some the old lore, some the new lore. And some of us pick bits and pieces from both that we like and scrap the rest, as our "own" versions of the universe, commonly refered to as "head canon".

ย 

As such different people also have different takes on what was meant when it was said that "Jango was not a Mando" in the animates series. Either you can take it as it's word (and Lucas'). Or, as some do, you could see it as them trying to hide the fact he was one, or were "dismissing" Jango, due to the fact that during that time period in that series of the Clone Wars, Mandalore was under the rule of Satine Kryze, who was a pacifist (the first ever leader of Mandalore who had such beliefs) and wanted to change Mandalore from its warrior roots to just being a normal civilisation. She also wanted the term Mandalorian to simply become a term to refer to a "race of people born on Mandalore", as opposed to what it actually/originally meant (a creed of warriors who followed code).ย  Of course many other Mandalorians took offence at that and tried attempts on her life, ones such as the "Death Watch" group, who are considered some of the most "extreme" Mandalorians who believe in the old ways, which revolved around conquests, crusades and wars upon all other people in the galaxy for the honour and challenge of it. The ways of which "defined" the very meaning of "being a Mandalorian" in the first place.

ย 

The Death Watch group actually succeded in killing her, with the help of Maul (who was simply usnig them to his own ends).

Edited by EccentricM

But the point in that long ramble being that it's all very "open to interpretation" at this point. You can either see Jango Fett as just a guy who got his hands on the armour, or as a true Mandalorian of whome the pacifst leaders of Mandalore at that time tried to dismiss as a part of their social and political agendas to change Mandalore from its violent roots.

Edited by EccentricM

I learnt a new word recently.

ย 

It is 'retcon'.

ย 

I was reading some comments recently (either Jon Favreau and/or Dave Filoni) and came across "retcon".

ย 

It stands for 'retroactive continuity'.

For example, in the first Star Wars movie, Luke is told his father is dead. Later this has to be explained away as 'he was dead to me'.

This allowed more block-buster movie twists to come eg: 'I am your father'....

followed by: 'Noooooo....'

(then add a twin... etc. )

ย 

A very subtle reminder to me of what was quoted in the Introduction to our Greatest Man book, quoting historian Will Durant: โ€œThat a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels.โ€

ย 

George Lucas couldn't write one movie without having to 'retcon it'.

ย 

Imagine the errors if 40 random writers over 1,600 years write a book...

ย 

Oh, and I learned another term: 'Easter Eggs' - but that's another story...(see the hidden link in post #21 above )

ย 

Old (Downunder) Tone

ย 

retcon.thumb.jpg.593576876af0793994ff94413f7ba5ee.jpg

ย 

ย 

Add pic

• 2 weeks later...

George Lucas was ahead of his time. He has 'foreseen' Social Distancing and 'Remote Work' monitoring...

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

ZoomVader.jpg

Add pic

• 2 weeks later...

For those that want another dose of Baby Yoda:-

Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian
Monday, May 4 (New episodes every Friday).

"In โ€œDisney Gallery: The Mandalorian,โ€ Executive Producer Jon Favreau invites the cast and crew to share an unprecedented look at the making of the series which quickly became a pop culture phenomenon after premiering in November.

Debuting on the day that a worldwide community of fans celebrate all-things-Star Wars โ€” Monday, May 4 โ€” โ€œDisney Gallery: The Mandalorianโ€ is an eight-episode documentary series that pulls back the curtain on โ€œThe Mandalorian.โ€ Each chapter explores a different facet of the first live-action Star Wars television show through interviews, never-before-seen footage, and roundtable conversations hosted by Jon Favreau."

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

MandoDoco.jpg

Add pic

The behind the scenes of the Mandorlorian is awesome.ย 

The set (THE VOLUME) they and the techniques used was so innovative and amazing!ย 

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovahโ€™s word for him, and it went on to say to him: โ€œWhat is your business here, Eยทlijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: โ€œI have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Watching the making of Mandalorian, and it's amazing how they did the effects. I legit thought they were on location, but they weren't. What I also find fascinating is that the methods they are using are like a modernised version of how they did backshots in like.. old 1920s-1930s movies, so we've sort of come full circle.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to turn a 1:53 min Season 2 trailer into a 12 min scene-by-scene hypothesis.

ย 

ย https://youtu.be/eQqLxFcI4pU

Old (Downunder) Tone

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

13 minutes ago, Maสนher-shalสนal-hash-baz said:

How to turn a 1:53 min Season 2 trailer into a 12 min scene-by-scene hypothesis.

ย 

https://youtu.be/eQqLxFcI4pU

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Okay Iโ€™ll play !

ย  ย  The Mandalorian goes to a frozen planet to

learn Mongolian throat singing. ย In which a song tells of a past encounter with Boba Fettย  ( aka Mandalor the Great ) and the sorcerer clan of the Jedi on a planet controlled by the Hutt. ย A Battle in which Boba eventually dies . He then traces the Battle to the Mighty Sarlak into which he is caste but is then rescued by the Child along with the mostly digested Boba Fett ,ย amazingly still alive ! ย 
ย  ย  ย  Okay! Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™ve got!ย 

Season 3 Spoiler Alert@BenJepthah

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The Mandalorian goes to a frozen planet to

learn Mongolian throat singing. ย In which a song tells of a past encounter with Boba Fettย  ( aka Mandalor the Great ) and the sorcerer clan of the Jedi on a planet controlled by the Hutt. ย A Battle in which Boba eventually dies . He then traces the Battle to the Mighty Sarlak into which he is caste but is then rescued by the Child along with the mostly digested Boba Fett ,ย amazingly still alive ! ย [/spoiler l]

ย 

Old (Downunder) Tone

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

18 minutes ago, Maสนher-shalสนal-hash-baz said:

Season 3 Spoiler Alert@BenJepthah

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

ย 

The Mandalorian goes to a frozen planet to

learn Mongolian throat singing. ย In which a song tells of a past encounter with Boba Fettย  ( aka Mandalor the Great ) and the sorcerer clan of the Jedi on a planet controlled by the Hutt. ย A Battle in which Boba eventually dies . He then traces the Battle to the Mighty Sarlak into which he is caste but is then rescued by the Child along with the mostly digested Boba Fett ,ย amazingly still alive ! ย [/spoiler l]

ย 

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Only if by some insane improbability Iโ€™m correct! Which I doubt! ย But that would be a real gas!

I started watching this with Ferb. I love it so far.
Having bad ADHD, sometimes it's difficult for me to pay attention for entire TV show episodes, so I really appreciate that there's no filler, and little dialogue to keep up with.
I Find shows with little dialogue and a lot of visual cues to follow somewhat easier to follow.
Also the plot of each episode is pretty much about one thing, which is neat.
Love the theme song too!!!
ย I think Ludwig Goransson might be the next John Williams

ย