JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I started watching this with Ferb. I love it so far.
... I think Ludwig Goransson might be the next John Williamsย 

After you watch season 1, there is a doco with them talking about the show. I just watch it to see how they do it.
But one of the episodes was on the music. He is brilliant!

Hope you enjoy it!
Then there will be season 2. Baby...
(I wonder how much he had grown over the last year?)

Old (Downunder) Tone

Just noticed they cast Bill Burr in an episode. Very interesting, considering he's a very vocal anti-feminist (don't listen to his stuff much, because he uses way too much profanity, but I am aware of his anti-feminist views), and the co-chair of Lucas Films, Kathleen Kennedy is a very vocal "the force is female" feminist. Can't help but think this casting must be a subtle jab hehe. I mean Bill Burr is such a random choice of guest role, otherwise.
Idk what Dave Filoni's views are, but it seems to be shown that Jon Favreau disagrees with a lot of Kennedy's choices for Star Wars.

Edited by Katty

4 hours ago, Katty said:

Just noticed they cast Bill Burr in an episode. Very interesting, considering he's a very vocal anti-feminist (don't listen to his stuff much, because he uses way too much profanity, but I am aware of his anti-feminist views), and the co-chair of Lucas Films, Kathleen Kennedy is a very vocal "the force is female" feminist. Can't help but think this casting must be a subtle jab hehe. I mean Bill Burr is such a random choice of guest role, otherwise.
Idk what Dave Filoni's views are, but it seems to be shown that Jon Favreau disagrees with a lot of Kennedy's choices for Star Wars.

Yes there is an internal power struggle in SW right now. Filoni, Favreau and so on, seem to be against the whole notion of shoving "SWJ politics" into the franchise, as they are long time fans and have worked in SW before the time of Disney (Filoni was actually a direct apprentice of George Lucas in the franchise, and is considered by most fans to be his "spiritual successor"). When Kathleen was on set, she hardly had any part of the production of Mandalorian, she was just there to sit in the background, lol.

ย 

If you watch the making of it and the interviews, she of all the crew has the least to say. They're all talking about the authentic story, the lore, the history of SW, the niches, and all the easter eggs and references, inspirations etc, whilst she feels like someone who just walked into the filming studio from the street and is lostย  lol.

Edited by EccentricM

New The Mandalorian 17-Minute Featurette Takes Flight with the Razor Crest

"A new The Mandalorian featurette takes Star Wars fans behind-the-scenes to see how the Razor Crest was designed. While Baby Yoda stole the thunder from just about everything else in the first episode, the Razor Crest was another thing that fans geeked out on as the show progressed. It is rooted in the familiar, but it also looks different and new, which is pretty much how The Mandalorian operates as a whole. There's enough familiarity to keep old fans hooked, while keeping things fresh enough for people who might not even know the iconic works of George Lucas...

https://movieweb.com/the-mandalorian-featurette-razor-crest/#spotim_wrapper

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

Razor.jpg

Edited by Maสนher-shalสนal-hash-baz

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dages said:

Very happy to watch baby yoda again... also

ย  Hide contents

Boba Fett !

ย 

Possibly Boba's armor on the Marshall. Mando speaks the sand people's language and Leviathan.

"there was Jehovahโ€™s word for him, and it went on to say to him: โ€œWhat is your business here, Eยทlijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: โ€œI have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Couldn't watch it ... our Internet was down all day and wasn't restored until around 3 AM this morning.

ย 

Seems a garbage truck took out a low hanging cable over the road :(

ย 

ย 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Still haven't gotten around to watching Mandalorian. I was disappointed by the sequel trilogy movies and haven't kept up with anything Star Wars related since the rise of skywalker.

ย 

No offense to anyone who liked those movies, we all like different things.

You're far from alone. The Mando series is breath of fresh air though. The game Fallen Order was also very good. Two best bits of SW we've had since the new movies.

Edited by EccentricM

8 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Still haven't gotten around to watching Mandalorian. I was disappointed by the sequel trilogy movies and haven't kept up with anything Star Wars related since the rise of skywalker.

ย 

Mando has a great authentic SW feeling.ย 

The Sequel was awful, let's forget about this :Dย 

I enjoyed it. It's just a fun twist to old 'cowboy' movies that were popular when I was a pup.

It's an imaginary escape, with an odd twist now and then. Eg. Hiding in his capsule when the 'birds' are about to fly. Hiding in the 'spitoon'...yuk. And, as mentioned above, the ill-fitting armour.

Old (Downunder) Tone

On 10/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, Beyond the Sky said:

ย 

The sequel trilogy was...well I'd say it was awful, but tbh, it wasn't even really a story, and it was an insult to the Star wars franchise, which was meant to build an archetypical mythology revolving around the hero's journey.

ย 

The mandalorian is much better in every way. It has a classic sci-fi/western episodic feel to it.

Edited by Katty

On 11/1/2020 at 1:21 AM, Beyond the Sky said:

Rogue One was good though.ย  A group of girls from a nearby congregation said that K2SO reminded them of me. ๐Ÿ™„

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, comtemplate said:

Ahhhh, so you haven't seen the latest episode ... the "kid" has an identity this episodeย :popcorn:

"Grogu"?!

"there was Jehovahโ€™s word for him, and it went on to say to him: โ€œWhat is your business here, Eยทlijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: โ€œI have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible