JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

6 hours ago, Dages said:

the sequel...

The sequels are so terrible. No character development, no plot... Rey is the most boring personality ever in a sci-fi movie - so boring she doesn't even have a second set of clothes. She is so perfect that she can handle literally every situation perfectly no matter how poorly experienced and trained she is, from swimming to flying a space-ship to using a lightsaber. She is so perfect... oh... so perfect she can wear a single set of clothes for months without smelling bad.

And the writers seem fully incompetent to create an antagonist. Kylo Ren is a little child with anger management issues and Snoke was completely devoid of any background, so it was completely irrelevant when they suddenly killed him off unexpectedly just to "subvert expectations", which is the new plot writing mechanism for a "good story". So now they are bringing back Palpatine? I couldn't believe it.

The plot is simply so weak, no background for anything. What is this "First Order"? Knights of Ren? Why did the rebellion falter? What is going on? Who cares?

Definitely gonna give the last movie a pass.

Guess this is why I really liked "Rogue One", it was simply better in so many ways. So I would really like to see "Mandalorian" when it comes out on DVD. It seems that the Mando has a lot of similarities to Han Solo, who was always my favorite character.

I watched Star Wars (the original films) when I was 10, or so. They were good fun, but never captured my imagination. They were a kind of fun fairytale. So I’m not going to give this show any attention. Just like StarTrek and all of that franchise, which so many seem to be so fascinated by. Not for me.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I watched Star Wars (the original films) when I was 10, or so. They were good fun, but never captured my imagination. They were a kind of fun fairytale. So I’m not going to give this show any attention. Just like StarTrek and all of that franchise, which so many seem to be so fascinated by. Not for me.

Just thinking.

" When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. "

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

54 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

I see some merchandising coming up...
(Reminds me of that line in Space Balls...)

Just Older emoji3073.png

Coming up? It is here!

https://www.kohls.com/catalog.jsp?CN=Assortment:Mandalorian

https://www.etsy.com/market/mandalorian

https://www.ebay.com/b/mandalorian-armor/bn_7024874741?_pgn=2

, "...and the beat goes on ..."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Question - do we know that's actually baby Yoda himself?  Meaning this story is like, 900 years before the Star Wars stories?  Or is that one of Yoda's species/race/ethicities...?   

I do not believe we can be certain who it is yet... I don't believe it is 50yo Yoda as there are Storm Troopers, Imperial Credits and Death-Star references... But Disney has creative writers, so we will probably have to wait for the 'Season Final', and then some...

Just Older

7 hours ago, Hope said:

Question - do we know that's actually baby Yoda himself?  Meaning this story is like, 900 years before the Star Wars stories?  Or is that one of Yoda's species/race/ethicities...?  :D 

This isn't Baby Yoda, but it's the same species. The story is after episode 6 Return of the Jedi,

About 5 years after Endor, the Ewoks, etc... Yoda was already dead.

Episode 6 is out now. The only saving grace was the 'Baby Yoda' sub-plot (IMO). The rest was pretty predictable.

There were some surprise cameos.

Spoiler ahead:

You were warned!

Just Older

I've not seen it, so I don't want to read the thread because spoilers, but I plan on getting a box set as I don't plan on subbing to Disney plus. It's also not availbile in the UK on tv anyway until March!
Look away@EccentricM

The "Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker" Cast Were Asked How They'd Help Baby Yoda Fall Asleep And LOL

"The Rise of Skywalker cast was randomly asked how they would help Baby Yoda sleep if he were in their care...and it's a question I never knew I needed answered, but I did...."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/baby-yoda-rise-of-skywalker-cast-bed-time?bfsource=relatedautof0c35d4c76c28621a926577a935f6a31.jpg

Just Older