JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

17 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Look away@EccentricM

The "Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker" Cast Were Asked How They'd Help Baby Yoda Fall Asleep And LOL

"The Rise of Skywalker cast was randomly asked how they would help Baby Yoda sleep if he were in their care...and it's a question I never knew I needed answered, but I did...."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/baby-yoda-rise-of-skywalker-cast-bed-time?bfsource=relatedautof0c35d4c76c28621a926577a935f6a31.jpg

Just Older emoji3073.png

As I understand it, this is NOT "Baby Yoda" ... the timeline doesn't fit ... unless "Yoda" is the name of the species and not the name of the individual.
I think you are quite correct, but the nickname seems to have stuck!
We'll see how the writers use their storytelling skills to let us know...

Just Older

17 minutes ago, Dages said:

Yeah, the name stuck because we don't know Yoda species name.

Au contrraire my brother, the species is popularly known by it's scientic appellation: ittleay reengay enmay ithway igbay earyays.  

:lol:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, ChocoBro said:

The sequels are so terrible. No character development, no plot... Rey is the most boring personality ever in a sci-fi movie - so boring she doesn't even have a second set of clothes. She is so perfect that she can handle literally every situation perfectly no matter how poorly experienced and trained she is, from swimming to flying a space-ship to using a lightsaber. She is so perfect... oh... so perfect she can wear a single set of clothes for months without smelling bad.

And the writers seem fully incompetent to create an antagonist. Kylo Ren is a little child with anger management issues and Snoke was completely devoid of any background, so it was completely irrelevant when they suddenly killed him off unexpectedly just to "subvert expectations", which is the new plot writing mechanism for a "good story". So now they are bringing back Palpatine? I couldn't believe it.

The plot is simply so weak, no background for anything. What is this "First Order"? Knights of Ren? Why did the rebellion falter? What is going on? Who cares?

Definitely gonna give the last movie a pass.

Guess this is why I really liked "Rogue One", it was simply better in so many ways. So I would really like to see "Mandalorian" when it comes out on DVD. It seems that the Mando has a lot of similarities to Han Solo, who was always my favorite character.

I couldn´t agree more!  Disney has destroyed everything!  Only "Rogue One" has a reasonable story...

Chrissy :wave:

5 hours ago, coony77 said:

Disney has destroyed everything!

I will not say that Disney "improved" Star Wars - but I would also not blame them for "ruining" it, either ... have you read where Lucas was planning on taking the story?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

40 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I will not say that Disney "improved" Star Wars - but I would also not blame them for "ruining" it, either ... have you read where Lucas was planning on taking the story?

Truth be told, George Lucas started losing his touch when the "Special Edition" came out. So many poor editing choices that did nothing to improve the feeling of the film, instead, they made it worse (especially the dock scene with Jabba after Han had shot Greedo). A lot of fans that I went with to see the "Special Edition" complained about how the digital models lacked the authentic feel of the original models, with all their grimey and  worn details.

The prequels were pretty disappointing apart from a generally good story, they failed to create a universe that looked like Star Wars history, instead, everything seemed far more high-tech and modern, so more as if it took place 300 years after The Last Jedi.  (Interestingly, they tried to re-create that vintage rugged retro tech look later on in Rogue One and the Sequels). The dialogues were terrible ("I can try spinning, that's a good trick") and some of the character development choices felt super forced and failed to connect the audience. I recall how strong the cringe side of the force was felt in the theaters when Anakin started courting Padme.... still one of the cringiest love scenes in a movie ever.

Ironically, Lucasfilm and Disney have always fought a strong fight against the "Despecialized Edition" movement. This project, supported by countless fans, has created a high-end Star Wars experience like the original trilogy with no digitally altered or edited scenes. The project was necessary because George Lucas refused to create a DVD or blu-ray release with the original. According to some rumours I picked up, he even had a lot of the original film material destroyed.

The National Film Registry wanted an original copy of the 1977 version of Star Wars to preserve for history's sake, but Lucas refused to release the original.

Why on Earth that man is so convinced until this day that those supposedly "Special" Editions are in any way better just because he claims they are. I don't know.

So yes, Disney just continued with the heritage of destroying Star Wars. And in that regard, they are actually pretty successful. The storyline of the new trilogy is about the worst and bland plotline ever conceived for a movie trilogy.

Lucas deviated from the original story, as it was presented on screen, with The Phantom Menace y introducing the Midichlorians ... when Yoda first began instruction Luke he told him that "Life creates the Force" - then, in a story the supposedly predeceases Yoda instructing Luke, we are told that Midichlorians ARE living beings. These two concepts just don't match.

Also, Lucas made a bid thing about not allowing anything into the novels people wrote that did not agree with Star Wars cannon - then threw many/most of those things out when he continued the story on screen.

While I enjoyed the Solo movie, the original Han Solo Trilogy (written by A.C Crispin) could have been used and been just as interesting without destroying all the "cannon" that had been established. 

As for The Mandalorian - it appears that some of the things in the series were added to "support" some of the things in the newest movie ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/23/2019 at 5:41 AM, coony77 said:

I couldn´t agree more!  Disney has destroyed everything!  Only "Rogue One" has a reasonable story...

Rogue One is my third favorite Star Wars movie.  Solo is my fourth.

Mandalorian is awesome and we love Kevin (what, we can't keep calling him baby Yoda).

On 12/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, Qapla said:

While I enjoyed the Solo movie, the original Han Solo Trilogy (written by A.C Crispin) could have been used and been just as interesting without destroying all the "cannon" that had been established. 

The original, original Han Solo Trilogy was written by Brian Daley (first book 1979).  Much better than the AC Crispin trilogy (first book 1997), in my opinion.

I thought this was a good way of explaining the idea of "Midichlorians"

"The Force is the inner source of energy that powers all living things and is manifested as an intracellular symbiotic life form called Midichlorians. The name is a combination of Mitochondria (the endosymbionts that power your cells) and Chloroplasts (the endosymbionts that perform photosynthesis in plants). In this dialog from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, the source of the Force is revealed."

Midichlorians.jpeg

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)