JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On 12/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Shawnster said:

My only regret is the ending.

You will love the season finale of the show and be extremely surprised at the jedi cameo near the end and the new series projected for December 2021!

:bouncing:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

So good!

I won't spoil too early. But I will say;

I thought the CGI for a certain character was pretty decent, kinda "iffy", but CGI always is, but at first I thought they found a good look alike, until they spoke then I realised, it's always the movement that gives it away. But a minor note in comparison to the episode as a whole, really enjoyable, all the characters were did justice in their own way, and a very emotional ending.

15 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

I thought the CGI for a certain character was pretty decent, kinda "iffy", but CGI always is, but at first I thought they found a good look alike, until they spoke then I realised, it's always the movement that gives it away.

I did not have a problem with the cgi from watching on a 4k oled uhd tv. 

I am binge watching 2nd season. I am loving it!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I sometimes wish they would use deepfake for it instead of cgi. So far deep fakes have improved iffy cgi from other movies that I have seen. It is what it is and was very good.

I agree. It gets better the more times I watch it, but yes, I think the best route is to get a really close look alike, and then deepfake over it.

8 hours ago, Mykyl said:

I sometimes wish they would use deepfake for it instead of cgi. So far deep fakes have improved iffy cgi from other movies that I have seen. It is what it is and was very good.

8 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I agree. It gets better the more times I watch it, but yes, I think the best route is to get a really close look alike, and then deepfake over it.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I saw a deepfake of Harrison Ford in the solo movie. While not perfect, it’s pretty good. I thought it was better than what they did here. But, it’s just a minor distraction. 

Otherwise, loved the finale. Glad to have a genuinely emotional moment. (actually, the whole episode felt more emotional than the rest of the season. Genuine tension - melancholy. And this season felt more emotional than the first. Seems to be really improving with time.)

Also, I know that a season three has been announced already (i believe), but the way the finale scene crescendos - musically, narratively, thematically, emotionally - it really ‘felt’ like this was the series finally. Possibly adding to this was the lack of obvious cliff-hanger that the last season had. There wasn’t quite the “Gideon bursting out of the TIE fighter” moment at the end. (Yes, I do know that there are loose ends, and some possible story that they set up for season 3, but the impetus wasn’t as forceful.)

From watching Tenet twice already (and all the bonus material)  I thought I was hearing a familiar melody. Thanks for the info.

Edited by AH173

I still have a few episodes to catch up - looks like when I do, I will be ALL caught up if the most recent episode was the season finale.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

24 minutes ago, Dages said:

That's what the Sequel should have been like.

Because its made by people who know SW in and out like the back of their hands. The Sequel writers were clueless and treated the movies like cheap flicks for cash without respecting authentic character development, history or lore. They even said word for word they ignored all the source materials to write whatever they wanted.

Edited by EccentricM

4 hours ago, Dages said:

They should put the Sequels as "Legends" and give the original canon back

I mean I have my own headcanon where I sub to Legends in place of the Sequel Trilogy, lol. So I pick and choose from the Disney stuff and make it fit on the timeline in some way. Haha. Mando being one of these.

32 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

I mean I have my own headcanon where I sub to Legends in place of the Sequel Trilogy,

Yes, I do too. In my follow-up to the original trilogy, I would have used some of the "canon" that was established in the books that were approved by Lucas (as all the books had to be or they could not be published early on - this seemed to go by the wayside gave away control).

My final episode of a trilogy would have elevated Luke to a "Grand Master" as he accomplished acts that even Yoda had never done - he would have done this as he defeated the Yuuzhan Vong in a very spectacular two-stage use of the Force that no one had ever seen up to that time.

If you join me for a Zoom Chat maybe I can explain my idea of Luke taking that next step ... Check the last page of the thread for an upcoming chat.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yes, I do too. In my follow-up to the original trilogy, I would have used some of the "canon" that was established in the books that were approved by Lucas (as all the books had to be or they could not be published early on - this seemed to go by the wayside gave away control).

My final episode of a trilogy would have elevated Luke to a "Grand Master" as he accomplished acts that even Yoda had never done - he would have done this as he defeated the Yuuzhan Vong in a very spectacular two-stage use of the Force that no one had ever seen up to that time.

If you join me for a Zoom Chat maybe I can explain my idea of Luke taking that next step ... Check the last page of the thread for an upcoming chat.

My final story of Star Wars is the end of the "New Jedi Order" novel series where everyone is happy and galaxy, republic and empire is in peace. :D 

I recently watched a movie called 'The Professor and the Madman', about a Scottish professor at Oxford University wanting to compile the first edition of the dictionary. He received help from an unlikely source, a schizophrenic American doctor confined in an asylum.

The professor played by Mel Gibson

The madman Sean Penn

Netflix-free with subscription

mostly true 

iMDB for Parents review

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 hours ago, Dove said:

I recently watched a movie called 'The Professor and the Madman', about a Scottish professor at Oxford University wanting to compile the first edition of the dictionary. He received help from an unlikely source, a schizophrenic American doctor confined in an asylum.

The professor played by Mel Gibson

The madman Sean Penn

Netflix-free with subscription

mostly true 

iMDB for Parents review

Why is this in the Mandalorian thread though? 😄

Maybe...... 

A word in the title starts with "M"?? 

:oops:

I thought it was in the Book and Movie forum. I didn’t know you could only talk about one movie. Sorry if it was the wrong place but I don’t know why you would say that anyway. 
Should I have started a new topic just for that one post? Idk. ☹️

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

Perhaps Sister Sandra,, you could ask the mods to move the post No. 142 to a suitable thread like this one:

Hobbies & Other Special Interests >Books, Movies, TV, YouTube, Music, & Theatre>Movies

'Movies' thread

Edited by Mclove

25 minutes ago, Dove said:

I thought it was in the Book and Movie forum. I didn’t know you could only talk about one movie. Sorry if it was the wrong place but I don’t know why you would say that anyway. 

Oh it's fine, I thought you accidently got the wrong thread to be honest 😄 I wasn't being mean or anything, I was just genuinly confused and was humouring you at the same time.

Yeah, it is the movie/tv/book forum, but each topic/thread in the forum usually is dedicated to a single subject by thread title, as you can see here by the title, this is the "Mandalorian" thread, which is just about that single show and closely related subjects. You didn't do anything wrong or upset anyone, it's just a misunderstanding of how the formating works on the forum.

This is what you're looking for :) https://jwtalk.net/forum/19-books-movies-tv-youtube-music-theatre/

You just need to start a topic there on it, or comment about it in an existing thread in that forum which is on the subject of discussing multiple tv shows and isn't dedicated to a single one.

Edited by EccentricM

15 minutes ago, Mclove said:

Perhaps Sister Sandra,, you could ask the mods to move the post No. 142 to a suitable thread like this one:

Hobbies & Other Special Interests >Books, Movies, TV, YouTube, Music, & Theatre>Movies

'Movies' thread

I thought that’s where I did put it 

2 minutes ago, Dove said:

I thought that’s where I did put it 

No, haha. :) You've jumped into a sub-topic of that forum which is all about the Mandalorian.

Hobbies & Other Special Interests >Books, Movies, TV, YouTube, Music, & Theatre, Movies>The Mandalorian   (You are here).

Edited by EccentricM

11 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Oh it's fine, I thought you accidently got the wrong thread to be honest 😄 I wasn't being mean or anything, I was just genuinly confused and was humouring you at the same time.

Yeah, it is the movie/tv/book forum, but each topic/thread in the forum usually is dedicated to a single subject by thread title, as you can see here by the title, this is the "Mandalorian" thread, which is just about that single show and closely related subjects. You didn't do anything wrong or upset anyone, it's just a misunderstanding of how the formating works on the forum.

This is what you're looking for :) https://jwtalk.net/forum/19-books-movies-tv-youtube-music-theatre/

You just need to start a topic there on it, or comment about it in an existing thread in that forum which is on the subject of discussing multiple tv shows and isn't dedicated to a single one.

Okay I didn’t know that. I thought I did see other movies mentioned but I’ll be more careful next time.