JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It appears to be a version of Mach Diamond or Shock Diamond. It’s a standing wave formation created by the supersonic exhaust gases. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_diamond

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

24 minutes ago, digital_dreamer said:

It appears to be a version of Mach Diamond or Shock Diamond. It’s a standing wave formation created by the supersonic exhaust gases. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_diamond

It looks like a Rebel Alliance insignia to me.. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Hope said:

It looks like a Rebel Alliance insignia to me.. 🤔

Ha! I had to look up what that is, and you’re correct — it matches the symbol. Crafty.

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

• 2 weeks later...

Actually found the Mandalorian more entertaining than the final movie, which was a very poor way to finish off things.  The Force Awakens, the one done in 2015, was good & thought the final 2 would be the same.  Nope.

Back to Mandalorian: one thing I thought was odd was that it was set 5 yrs after Return of the Jedi, yet no mention was made of the Jedi which was instrumental in helping to rid the galaxy of the dark side.  

One question for the older fans: was Boba Fett a Mandalorian?

During the entire rebellion, from their first victory against the evil galactic empire to the destruction of the 2nd Death Star there were only 3 Jedi.  1, Yoda, was hidden on Dagobah.  Kenobi died shortly after the Death Star plans were stolen.  That only leaves Luke Skywalker.  Out of the entire galactic rebellion.  Most probably still considered the Jedi a myth, ancient history, or Luke's exploits were highly exaggerated.  Sure they gave lip service to the Jedi religion with their "may The Force be with you," but how many of them actually remembered the Jedi?  The Empire had just spent the previous 19 years before the Battle of Yavin in a massive re-education campaign where they reworte history and purged the Jedi from conscious memory.

Jango Fett was the template for all clones.  Boba was an unaltered clone of Jango.

Was Fett a Mandalorian?  There is a Clone Wars tv show reference where a Mandalorian leader denies that Jango Fett was a Mandalorian.  I, personally, think that line can be interpreted to mean rejecting Jango based upon his reputation as opposed to stating a blood line.  Right now fandom seems to be that Fett was only wearing the armor and that he's a pretender and not a real Mandalorian.  Being a Mandalorian is more of a way of life than a race or nationality.  Remember, Din Djarin, the main character in The Mandalorian series, was found as a foundling and adopted.

Edited by Shawnster

To add to Shawn's post about Fett and the Mandalorians, here is an interesting description I read:

"Mandalorian armor struck fear in the hearts of many across the galaxy. The Trandoshan hunter Garnac kept a Mandalorian Neo-Crusader helmet as a trophy, while the bounty hunters Jango Fett and Boba Fett wore Mandalorian armor, keeping the memory of the Mandalorians alive well into the Galactic Civil War. Jango's armor inspired those of the soldiers cloned from him, starting a design lineage that continued down to the stormtroopers of the First Order"

As for the Mandalorians, I didn't really know much about them before this show. After learning a little about their history, I am not really a fan. Their culture was of warriors having a reputation as mercenaries and bounty hunters and apparently they used to wage war with the Jedi! :o

They took great pride in their fighting abilities and made every effort using technology to try and find a way to try and defeat Jedi in battles. Maybe this character, "Din Djarin" will become different. For example, there had been 1 Mandalorian who had become a "Jedi"(don't know the Mandalorian's name). But here is an explanation about Mandalorians' conflicts with the Jedi.

"The Mandalorian crusaders' expansion eventually brought them into conflict with the Jedi Order and the Old Republic they protected.[32] Their first confrontations with the Jedi Knights took the Mandalorians by surprise: their use of the Force and the powers it granted them was a challenge that they had never seen before. However, the prideful nature of the Mandalorians would not allow that disadvantage to stand, and the technologically advanced they began to devise ways to overcome the powers of the enigmatic Jedi. The result was a major advancement in the development of Mandalorian technology, specifically of their arsenal and their infamous armor. They also developed a fighting style that combined their entire arsenal and skills to allow them to counteract the Jedi's supernatural abilities. With these new technologies, the Mandalorians began to win their share of conflicts with the Jedi, and their warriors earned the reputation of being capable of confronting and defeating Jedi Knights. The generations-long conflict ensured an enmity that lasted for several wars and was remembered by the wider galaxy even millennia later during the Clone Wars. These clashes between the Mandalorians and the Jedi Order became immortalized through cubist murals displayed in Mandalore's capital city of Sundari and on the moon Concordia."

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I'm a big fan of Yoda, but I have some difficulties in getting used to "baby Yoda".

It's still too strange to me....even that look...have you realized that without the ears he would look like a "classic green man alien" :alien:

Chrissy :wave:

On 12/5/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hope said:

Question - do we know that's actually baby Yoda himself?  Meaning this story is like, 900 years before the Star Wars stories?  Or is that one of Yoda's species/race/ethicities...?  :D 

Actually it’s not before the Star Wars stories. It’s after. 

As to Yoda. Only one other Tridactyle ( his apparent species ) has been shown in the franchise( a female). And since they are so rare it is within the realm of speculation that they reproduce something like the immortal Jellyfish or a kind of Metaclorian born Phoenix. 

In other words, it’s entirely possible that we are being shown a resurrected/ force reincarnation of Yoda himself. 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:30 PM, coony77 said:

I'm a big fan of Yoda, but I have some difficulties in getting used to "baby Yoda".

It's still too strange to me....even that look...have you realized that without the ears he would look like a "classic green man alien" :alien:

I just keep thinking that Lucas and Spielberg have a little competition between Yoda And Gizmo ( Gremlins) .   

On 12/29/2019 at 12:35 AM, digital_dreamer said:

Ha! I had to look up what that is, and you’re correct — it matches the symbol. Crafty.

So we all see it! 

On 1/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, Cheeks said:

Actually found the Mandalorian more entertaining than the final movie, which was a very poor way to finish off things.  The Force Awakens, the one done in 2015, was good & thought the final 2 would be the same.  Nope.

Back to Mandalorian: one thing I thought was odd was that it was set 5 yrs after Return of the Jedi, yet no mention was made of the Jedi which was instrumental in helping to rid the galaxy of the dark side.  

One question for the older fans: was Boba Fett a Mandalorian?

Jango Fett was a Mandolorian . And the symbol of the Mandolorians is scene in connection with Boba. And on one of the banners outside of maj’s Place . 

Some scientists have too much time on their hands:

"The Wall Street Journal’s weekend edition has many more opinion and “think” pieces and other soft news than the weekday version. In the mix, they almost never fail to include an article praising evolution. This is so consistent that I wonder if it’s a deliberate editorial policy. Sure enough: in last Saturday’s paper, Alison Gopnik exclaims, “Humans Evolved to Love Baby Yoda.”
Well, evolution explains everything, so why wouldn’t it explain why TV viewers are going gaga for the munchkin-like character in The Mandalorian series... "

https://evolutionnews.org/2020/01/science-says-evolution-explains-the-appeal-of-baby-yoda/
8fdb59cbb4f666e9d220ff27392512a3.jpg

Just Older

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 3:35 AM, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

I don't know what it means, but I like it anyway.
(Feel free to explain it to me...) e5d3334e182063f8d3b5869b86285131.jpg

Just Older emoji3073.png

People who own dogs (like me) have a strong tendency to show pictures of them to everyone.  

I'm re-watching this show again.  The weapon that Moff Gideon wields as he cuts his way out of the TIE fighter is a darksaber, right?  It's in the Clone Wars series (or so my son tells me).

I want one!!!

The Child Animatronic Plush by Hasbro, as you might expect, is incredibly lifelike in person. He burbles and coos, like a good baby should. His ears wiggle up and down. His head quirks from side to side, and every so often, Baby Yoda extends a tiny arm to use the force. The bassinet is on point. Looking at it, you can kinda get why Mando’s hardened bounty-hunter heart would melt.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/02/hasbros-baby-yoda-animatronic-is-too-cute-and-somehow-only-60/

Just Older

Screenshot_20200222-140915_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pic