JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting-January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1540 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

New A/V facilities and studios were included as an addition to the British branch just completed.  Why are more studios needed?
There was a big difference between the rebuilt kingdom halls and houses in the relief ministry videos and the really plush branch offices/residences.  Why not spend more on helping our brothers in these areas?
The GB is faithful and discreet. They know how and where there is a need. They oversee more information than what they can probably put into one edition of JW broadcasting.
So when they see a need to build, expand, use properties differently, etc etc, we have no reason to doubt their decision.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

4 hours ago, bohemian said:

New A/V facilities and studios were included as an addition to the British branch just completed.  Why are more studios needed?

There was a big difference between the rebuilt kingdom halls and houses in the relief ministry videos and the really plush branch offices/residences.  Why not spend more on helping our brothers in these areas?

If we had used this argument prior to 2013, we would not have any JW Library, no Caleb and Sophia and so on.  Our Digital footprint has penetrated the entire world and over 1000 languages reach the far corners of the earth.  We are a preaching (printed, digital, audio and video) organization.  We are interested in helping our brothers but our assignment by Christ is to expand the good news to "the ends of the earth".

2 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

The GB is faithful and discreet. They know how and where there is a need. They oversee more information than what they can probably put into one edition of JW broadcasting.
So when they see a need to build, expand, use properties differently, etc etc, we have no reason to doubt their decision.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

(Matthew 26:8, 9) . . .On seeing this, the disciples became indignant and said: “Why this waste? 9 For this could have been sold for a great deal of money and given to the poor.” 
:lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The hailstone message could simply be some text read from a Kingdom News.

It will be interesting to see if videos etc.are put to further use after Armageddon for resurrected ones etc. (Welcome video: “You will notice you are receiving a lot of hugs. Please try not feel overwhelmed. ...)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

5 hours ago, bohemian said:

At the Australia branch they are also building a studio. 

“The blessing of Jehovah—that is what makes rich, and he adds no pain with it.”—PROVERBS 10:22.

“You are worthy, Jehovah* our God, to receive the glory+ and the honor+ and the power,+ because you created all things,+ and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”

Rev  4:11

Another up building AM provided by Jehovah through the FDS, what a wonderful God we serve . CAN'T WAIT FOR FEBRUARY BROADCAST!

BRAVO!!!

9 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

Oh, Okay, I thought the brother meant February, when he said in the coming weeks.

Thanks, good lookin out!

Bro Davis Splain Morning Worship Video on JW.ORG on the 13th/14th

Part 2 on JW.ORG on the 20th/21st

Part 3 on JW.ORG on the 27th/28th

Be Patient Brothers and Sisters.

Ps. Date depending what side of the date line you live on.

15 hours ago, bohemian said:

Why not spend more on helping our brothers in these areas?

IT is not for us to criticize the management of contributed resources. After all, Christ is the active head of his congregation isn't he? And he has delegated to those whom he trusts. For example, the GB has just offered a home bible study to 1.3 billion of the world's population, most in hard or formerly impossible to reach areas (from a human standpoint). And they did that in one hit! None of us could do that on our own could we?

We are probably spending as much as we can on relief work. I mean we have stepped it up to $48.5 million in the last two years (not including the value of volunteer labour). Given the nature of the work and the logistics of the task, I am sure it is a well-managed program and this seems to be corroborated whenever there are reports on what we do from worldly sources. You never hear anything like the various recent scandals regarding the behaviour and activity of various secular "humanitarian" organisations and their workers in disaster areas.

As far as the standard of building with regard to houses and kingdom halls in hard hit areas, I heard the comment in the broadcast that the rebuilding provided accommodation that was actually of a superior quality to that which brothers had formerly. The purpose of a relief ministry is not to enrich materially the recipients of aid is it? It is more a fulfillment of Matt.6:33, and is received in the spirit of 1Tim.6:8. Some brothers may not have been made homeless so do not require relief assistance for housing and are still making do with what they have. There is no need to draw attention to the destitute brothers by over-providing for them or by inciting a jealous or showy spirit (1Jo.2:16) is there? And of course our focus is on our brothers in a community, although not limited exclusively, so we do not want to create unnecessary social problems do we? Ease of maintenance and durability with the materials available at hand will be other considerations because these disasters are by no means over.

After all, worldly examples of the abuse of "relief" assistance abound, like these types of properties in a country with an average monthly salary of $645. Properties like this are funded at least in part by humanitarian social benefits collected abroad:

Image result for Romanian gypsy houses

On 1/8/2020 at 9:35 AM, Eejay said:

heard the comment in the broadcast that the rebuilding provided accommodation that was actually of a superior quality to that which brothers had formerly.

Just to clarify Br Lett didn't say superior as in more luxurious but superior in more likely to survive the next disaster. This point has even be noted in secular sources, e. g. In Fiji when repairing houses damaged by a typhoon they made them to be able to withstand another typhoon. This costs more initially but pays off in the long run. The Slave proves it is Discreet/Wise. 

2 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

We could have a lot of Phones and Tablets knocked out of our hands though[...]

So true!  Yes, videos have their place in the organization and are indeed beneficial for our current ministry in spreading the Good News.   But, using a pre-recorded message for the hailstong proclamation?  Well, I do have reservations along that line.  For one thing, that message will be "hard-hitting" and no one, I believe, is going to just stand there, look and listen to a video proclaiming "judgement" which will/may include them.  Revelation 21:6 says that people will "blaspheme God because of the plague of hail."  So it will take courage  [read: Jonah] to even knock on their door to tell the world that judgment message. 

Thus, we'll have to wait and see what mode of transmission this message will be.

#givemecourage

Edited by Omoyeme

50 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

So true!  Yes, videos have their place in the organization and are indeed beneficial for our current ministry in spreading the Good News.   But, using a pre-recorded message for the hailstong proclamation?  Well, I do have reservations along that line.  For one thing, that message will be "hard-hitting" and no one, I believe, is going to just stand there, look and listen to a video proclaiming "judgement" which will/may include them.  Revelation 21:6 says that people will "blaspheme God because of the plague of hail."  So it will take courage  [read: Jonah] to even knock on their door to tell the world that judgment message. 

Thus, we'll have to wait and see what mode of transmission this message will be.

#givemecourage

Probably to be on the safe side maybe we should just send out a bulk email message to all of social media. Along the lines of ...'to all of Earth's population...we have a message you must listen to now....etc.' :) lol. My secret guess is that potentially the GB already has the message pre-recorded - because they would not want us to be stating the message differently and causing confusion.

Probably to be on the safe side maybe we should just send out a bulk email message to all of social media. Along the lines of ...'to all of Earth's population...we have a message you must listen to now....etc.'  lol. My secret guess is that potentially the GB already has the message pre-recorded - because they would not want us to be stating the message differently and causing confusion.

They don’t even know the message yet, though. It will be revealed to us in time what that message is and how to disseminate it.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

#givemecourage

We could go old school and walk around with sandwich signs. 
“Doom on you” like the ICE age movie blue footed boobies. 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

4 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

#givemecourage

Revelations 21:6 doesn’t say anywhere near what you say it says. I did a search for those phrases couldn’t find anything

I stand corrected; it was an honest mistake.  If you click on the link in my initial post,  it will take you to wol.jw.org referencing a recent article for study in our Watchtower magazine.  (October 2019)  The paragraph highlighted in red quotes Revelation 16:21 as a reference my initial comment.

Then great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent fell from heaven on the people,  and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great.

Edited by Omoyeme

I wonder if word will spread of the reason for our calling on them. “Don’t open the door! Maybe if we don’t hear the message we won’t get the judgment.”

(But it will be too late. They will know who we are and who we represent.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13