JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting-January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1539 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Br Cook said that it was a coincidence that the 2020 Yeartext was announced on the day that it was also the Daytext and told us that wasn't going to happen next (i.e. this) year.

But how can he know when we don't know how Jehovah's chariot will turn next? 

Looking ahead in the Examining the Scriptures Daily to next October

October 3rd Saturday

The man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad

October 10 Saturday

You will not believe even if it is told to you

🤔

You know what? I think his prophecy is a true one.

Bro Jackson mentioned that you can only read the 1 Corinthians study Notes online, for now. Meaning they are preparing the rest of the Christian Greek scriptures in a bound book, 2 or 3 volumes?
I know 2 Cor Study Notes are now available, online and in app. I just assumed they could produce a printed copy if (or when) they want.
I am just constantly in awe of just how much is being produced and translated each week. I am waiting patiently (upto 1 year?) for my printed edition of the Gospel accounts. Maybe when I get it they may have the complete CGS version? (Similar to the stepped 1950's release of the NWT)
Time will tell...

Just Older

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Brother Sandersons illustration also reminds me of Sylvester the pussy cat who waits confidently at the end of the bulldogs leash knowing he can't be touched.

https://youtu.be/rilFfbm7j8k?t=539

HahAha !  That is actually Tom, not Sylvester!

But good cartoon illustration!

15 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Brother Sandersons illustration also reminds me of Sylvester the pussy cat who waits confidently at the end of the bulldogs leash knowing he can't be touched.

https://youtu.be/rilFfbm7j8k?t=539

But actually it's taken from the Book Pilgrims Progress. This is a more modern Version. The Original from the 1600s was a Woodcut-Picture.

Lions.JPG

On 1/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, Luigi62 said:

Bro Jackson mentioned that you can only read the 1 Corinthians study Notes online, for now. Meaning they are preparing the rest of the Christian Greek scriptures in a bound book, 2 or 3 volumes?

His exact words were “ at the moment “...  which is strictly true currently speaking, and I suppose could be open to interpretation as to a future provision.

5 hours ago, madefl said:

But actually it's taken from the Book Pilgrims Progress. This is a more modern Version. The Original from the 1600s was a Woodcut-Picture.

Lions.JPG

Except I would not get caught wearing that ridiculous hat or attire!😂 Thank goodness that is NOT our fashion.

Edited by GraceH

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

Except I would not get caught wearing that ridiculous hat or attire!😂 Thank goodness that is NOT our fashion.

39 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Better than a Toga or similar.

Don't knock it till you tried it. 

First time I arrived in Cochi in Kerala India I couldn't believe I was seeing men walking round in skirts (A Mundu to be precise) and the women wearing trousers (Chudidar). A few years later when I'd arrive in India I'd be looking forward to getting out of Sissy too Hot Trousers and into a Proper Manly (and Cool) Skirt. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1gemstone said:

Is there thread about the new Study Bible in hard copy, I like to know when we can order and how long will it take to receive?

You can order it now from your congregation and it may take up to 12 months.