JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting-January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1539 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Bek said:

I really enjoyed it too, and even got teary at a point where a man came into the truth after seeing how brothers rebuilt his house to help his JW wife following a natural disaster.

I was already into my 2nd or 3rd group of appreciative 'tears' by then. Lol

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

JWB Dec 2020 - Annual Meeting part 1 of 3

JWB Jan 2020 - AM Part 1.pdf 661.68 kB · 0 downloads

Wow, I think I was 1st Downloader! Is there a prize! Lol 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Indeed! Got's to keep eye on the prize! Lol 😀

10 hours ago, Bek said:

By the way, the Ramapo video facility is going to be very big by the looks of things. It seems that brothers are thinking of focusing more on videos and possibly full-length feature films. 

Will ALL filming be done at Ramapo, including inside story and the monthly broadcasts?

Will ALL filming be done at Ramapo, including inside story and the monthly broadcasts?

We have regional teams around the globe, and facilities to shoot films at other places. But no doubt eight studio facilities at Ramapo will increase the number of videos produced, as well as improve collaboration with other media departments, such as art and music.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Luigi62 said:

I don't know how things will work out in the future, but there is a video on jw.org that explains the current video production process in our organisation.

Brothers at the HQ come up with an idea for a video and if necessary, ask other branch offices to shoot it or only some parts of it. Then they put them together back in the main office. As I understand, most videos and all films are made in America. 

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

They said that Mount Ibo will close and be sold. The broadcast studio is at Tuxedo and maybe that space will be reclaimed.  Ramapo should be closer to Warwick for the GB hosts than Tuxedo.

14 hours ago, Bek said:

I really enjoyed it too, and even got teary at a point where a man came into the truth after seeing how brothers rebuilt his house to help his JW wife following a natural disaster. The whole video is certainly faith-strengthening. :thumbsup:

By the way, the Ramapo video facility is going to be very big by the looks of things. It seems that brothers are thinking of focusing more on videos and possibly full-length feature films. 

I wonder if the final hailstone message will be pre-recorded as a video that we just show to others.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

They said that Mount Ibo will close and be sold. The broadcast studio is at Tuxedo and maybe that space will be reclaimed.  Ramapo should be closer to Warwick for the GB hosts than Tuxedo.

I will continue to be amazed by the Mt Ibo facilities for some time! (Though I keep thinking it’s Nebo.  🏔   ) And now we know it is ‘just’ for ten years.

Was the video about it part of an A.M.? I can’t remember.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

This brother named Gilbert Nazaroff who featured in the video has a Turkic name. He also looks very much like a Central Asian. I googled him and learnt that his mother was born in 1877 in the Russian Empire. As you know, Central Asia was already part of the empire in those times. It is very likely that his mum might have been an Uzbek or a Tatar. :)

Edited by Bek

58 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I will continue to be amazed by the Mt Ibo facilities for some time! (Though I keep thinking it’s Nebo.  🏔   ) And now we know it is ‘just’ for ten years.

Was the video about it part of an A.M.? I can’t remember.

This One ? 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODActivitiesAVProduction/pub-mwbv_201712_4_VIDEO

Looks like the GB are committing funds for building through the next 7 years. 
Maybe, if the ‘hailstone message’ is a video, we have a few more years of this system to endure? 
I don't think there is any relation between us building new buildings and the GT. In fact the GB has stated several times that the GT will begin at the top of our preaching activity. We will be very busy with a lot of activities, which includes construction, at the time of the "peace and security"-call.

Jehovah don't depends on our new studio to bring all the prophecies onto fulfillment.

Plus: remember the videos we already have! We made them without the new studio and they are of great quality and are hitting the exact point the GB wants us to understand. So if the hailstone-message is some kind of video proclamation, we surely have the capability of making it, even without the new AVS facilities.

Don't get me wrong. I don't say we don't need those new studios, and that it will be a waste of money and time. I'm only saying that we don't depend on it for the fulfillment of Jehovah's promises.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

New A/V facilities and studios were included as an addition to the British branch just completed.  Why are more studios needed?

There was a big difference between the rebuilt kingdom halls and houses in the relief ministry videos and the really plush branch offices/residences.  Why not spend more on helping our brothers in these areas?

New A/V facilities and studios were included as an addition to the British branch just completed.  Why are more studios needed?
There was a big difference between the rebuilt kingdom halls and houses in the relief ministry videos and the really plush branch offices/residences.  Why not spend more on helping our brothers in these areas?

Branch offices are useful, beautiful, but often not plush. One does not rule out the other. We need to find effective ways to reach peoples’ hearts. We do not produce films for entertainment. They have proven to be more effective than the written word to appeal to hearts.

Here’s a little tidbit. If you have ever been involved on the set of one of our shoots, you will have learned that most props are made, borrowed, or perhaps bought second hand. Every single one is an unpaid volunteer.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Looks like the GB are committing funds for building through the next 7 years. 
Maybe, if the ‘hailstone message’ is a video, we have a few more years of this system to endure? 

Now, the GB doesn’t know when the end will come. They are simply keeping busy in the work assigned. Armageddon could come next month no matter what they do.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”