JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting-January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1540 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just now, Bosko said:

Morning worship from november 8, 2017?!?

So 2 years ago.

I allways thinking that this morning worship in broadcasting is from few mounth ago. 

Interesting.

What I think about this is they release morning worship videos depending on spiritual need, not on the date of the program.

2 minutes ago, Bosko said:

So 2 years ago.

I allways thinking that this morning worship in broadcasting is from few mounth ago. 

Interesting.

Yeah I can’t believe is over 2 year old. But it go’s well with this weeks bible reading about Enoch.

3 hours ago, Bosko said:

So 2 years ago.

Interesting.

Would it be more or less attractive if it would be just a month old? I don’t think so. 😀
Brothers are doing their best providing us spiritually uplifting food. In the same time, please note that a lot of process should be done before video would be posted for our benefit. And please, do not forget translation into 100s of languages. All this would take a lot of time until we got video.

I believe we all very much appreciate brothers efforts and here is one more reason to have a bigger AVS to have more videos in the future.

👍

On 1/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, Luigi62 said:

Bro David Splain Morning Worship Video on JW.ORG on the 13th/14th

Part 2 on JW.ORG on the 20th/21st

Part 3 on JW.ORG on the 27th/28th

Just had our Family Worship which included the David Splain Morning Worship. I gained some kudo's from knowing that this week its Morning Worship and next week the next part of the AGM. Cheers Blake 👍

We have not used the term "Annual General Meeting" in a long time.  It is referred to by our organization as the Annual Meeting for years.  I was told it was more common in the UK to say AGM but the printed material does not support that claim.  Note the references going back decades or more.

*** yb15 p. 24 par. 1 The Largest Gathering of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

ON Saturday, October 5, 2013, an audience of 257,294 in 21 lands attended the 129th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania either in person or via a live Webcast.

*** w02 4/1 p. 25 Stay Awake, Move Ahead Courageously! ***

On Saturday, October 6, the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania was held at the Jersey City, New Jersey, Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the United States

*** w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation ***

ANNUAL meetings of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania have been held since January of 1885.

These questions were answered at the annual meeting held on October 1, 1971.

*** w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation ***

At the annual meeting held on October 2, 1944, in Pittsburgh, the members of the Pennsylvania corporation adopted six resolutions amending its charter.

*** yb00 pp. 114-118 Britain ***

A Mammoth Undertaking

In June 1982 the Governing Body accepted an invitation from the Branch Committee to hold in Britain the 1983 annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

*** w97 12/1 p. 28 Rich Rewards for Sacred Service ***

Leicester’s Unique Annual Meeting

After the war the growth of Kingdom proclaimers in Britain was marvelous! By the early 1980’s,

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

We have not used the term "Annual General Meeting" in a long time

Quite so.

The only reference I could find in print recently was the term used by brothers in Singapore for the legally prescribed meeting held by the Singapore Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, This was prior to the obstruction on our work there starting 14th Jan 1972: 
"Each year an annual general meeting was duly held"  w72 6/1 p. 344.

Prior to that the term was used loosely in connection with the 3 day meeting held in 1886 when Vol 1 of Studies in the Scriptures was released. That meeting was a precursor to annual conventions. kr p.28.

However, the term annual meeting has a long history: 
"A convention was scheduled in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, January 2-5, 1919, during the time that Brother Rutherford and his associates were in prison. But this was no ordinary convention—it was combined with the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Society, on Saturday, January 4, 1919". jv chap. 7 p. 72 

Additionally, references to an annual meeting can be found in reader's letters to the Watchtower as far back as Feb. 1891, suggesting it to be an opportunity for spiritual encouragement as well as fulfilling purely secular requirements. 😊

On 1/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, Bosko said:

I think that will link to it (English) but it’s not up yet.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

48 minutes ago, Shannie said:

You must not live in the USA....

It's already today here too. We are waiting for tomorrow...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D