JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW News RElease

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1582 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

NEWS ALERT | Russian Prosecutor Seeks Seven-Year Prison Sentence for Brother Bubnov

On January 21, 2020, the Nadezhdinsky District Court is expected to issue a verdict in the criminal case involving Brother Grigoriy Bubnov. The prosecutor has asked the court to sentence Brother Bubnov to seven years in prison. If the request is granted, Brother Bubnov’s sentence will be the harshest imposed on one of our brothers in Russia since the 2017 Supreme Court ruling that criminalized our activity throughout the country.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

It is so sad to see a nation fall so low when it comes to protecting it’s people and their freedoms. But it’s expected. It’s the time of the end and the King of the North is once again active.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It is so sad to see a nation fall so low when it comes to protecting it’s people and their freedoms. But it’s expected. It’s the time of the end and the King of the North is once again active.

watchtower may 2020  has a timeline about .. They are the last king of the north. 

watchtower may 2020  has a timeline about .. They are the last king of the north. 

They might be. We’ll have to wait and see if Russia and their allies will play that part during the grand tribulation.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 1/10/2020 at 4:42 AM, JennyM said:

This could be true.  But the King of the North is not one of the 7 Biblical World Powers in Daniel (and Rev, Ezek and so on).

So we know the Anglo-American World Power is the last because Bible prophecy says it is (it is the feet and toes of the image).  But Russia is not in that prophecy at all.  So we have no definitive way of simply stating the God has told us he is the last.  Probably, could be but not positively.

42 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Another News Alert: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

Saw that this morning. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡  

They will and can push Jehovah just so far. And they will VERY soon receive their just reward.  🗡  🎆🎇

Jehovah’s loyal, opposed people will “Rejoice” 🏝 🏖 when they receive “True Justice”.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 1/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, Loopy said:

NEWS ALERT | Russian Prosecutor Seeks Seven-Year Prison Sentence for Brother Bubnov

On January 21, 2020, the Nadezhdinsky District Court is expected to issue a verdict in the criminal case involving Brother Grigoriy Bubnov. The prosecutor has asked the court to sentence Brother Bubnov to seven years in prison. If the request is granted, Brother Bubnov’s sentence will be the harshest imposed on one of our brothers in Russia since the 2017 Supreme Court ruling that criminalized our activity throughout the country.

I heard he received a very lenient sentence and was put on 6 years probation. Has that been confirmed? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On January 21, 2020, Natalya Derevyagina, a judge of the Nadezhda District Court, found Grigory Bubnov guilty of organizing the activities of an extremist organization (part 1 of article 282.2 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). He was sentenced to 6 years probation. The prosecutor's office requested that he be sentenced to 7 years in prison.

The verdict to Grigory Bubnov, under Part 1 of Article 282.2 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, turned out to be unprecedentedly “lenient”. Nine other Jehovah's Witnesses convicted under this article are imprisoned. These are Dennis Christensen (Oryol region), Sergey Klimov (Tomsk region), Konstantin Bazhenov, Alexey Budenchuk, Gennady German, Roman Gridasov, Felix Makhammadiev, Alexey Miretsky (Saratov region), Vladimir Alushkin (Penza region).

Among other things, the court deprived Grigory Bubnov of the right to engage in activities related to participation in public organizations for a period of 5 years, and imposed a restriction of freedom for a period of 1 year with a trial period of 5 years. He is prohibited from attending venues for mass and other events. Two Bibles, seized from believers and stored in the case file, were ordered by the court to be destroyed upon the entry into force of the sentence.

Grigory Bubnov is one of 23 Jehovah's Witnesses in Primorsky Krai who are prosecuted for their faith. More than half of them have already undergone a measure of restraint in the form of detention. For example, Dmitry Barmakin spent 447 days in jail, Valentin Osadchuk spent 275 days in jail. All of them live in expectation of further repression for their faith.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!