JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/29/coronavirus-outbreak-live-updates-oregon-case-italy-level-3-california/4904296002/

Coronavirus live updates: First US death reported in Washington state, officials say

"A person has died from the new coronavirus in Washington state, the first death from the virus in the U.S., health officials confirmed Saturday.

The person died in King County, Washington, the state's Department of Health said. More information was expected at a press conference at 1 p.m. PT."

"Meanwhile, President Donald Trump will speak at a press conference at 1:30 p.m. ET at the White House about the latest developments in the outbreak." 

22 hours ago, Lee49 said:

We had our mid week meeting also and no letter concerning sickness only about our regional upcoming cleaning assignment and other local items, maybe next week, mean while,wait and see.Maybe when one of the friends sticks out their hand for a shake I'll pull out my travel bottle of hand sanitizer and offer some! 😁

On 2/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, Old said:

There is now a letter from The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to "All Congregations" advising proactive cleanliness similar to the flu scare that we have been advised to follow previously. I will be reading it tonight to our congregation. It will be posted on all information boards.

Nothing really new , just be focused, ready to follow further direction either from authorities or congregationally.

The letter was read after our Watchtower Study for today. Good reminders. If you feel sick stay home and listen in on meetings.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, My little flower said:

Bill Gates says the Coronavirus outbreak traversing the globe is a once in a century pandemic, and that it’s up to wealthy nations to help lesser countries revamp their health care systems.

One way he imagines this can be accomplished is by accelerating the testing of vaccines. He hopes that if any can prove safe and effective in animals, then maybe they could be ready for large scale trials in June. 

Are you ready to stick your arm out and take an injection of a new concoction if it means staving off a major viral event?

Hmm. Bill Gates. I think if one is wealthy enough, or high profile enough, he can be an expert in most anything. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/29/coronavirus-outbreak-live-updates-oregon-case-italy-level-3-california/4904296002/

President Donald Trump on Saturday identified a Washington state "high-risk" female patient in her 50s as the first death in the U.S. from the coronavirus outbreak.

No gatherings of people in confined spaces will be allowed in France due to fears of the coronavirus epidemic, Paris has announced, as neighboring nations have canceled mass events, bracing for an outbreak.

https://www.rt.com/news/482017-france-bans-mass-gatherings-coronavirus/

It's interesting that the focus for this year is ministry (see 2020  text), also yesterday we have attended elders school for 2020, and the focus is very much on the ministry.

(can't go on bringing details of the instruction, as it is still confidential due to the other schools running till the end of March) 

But in general terms focus on the ministry was a major point, expanded by various talks and instructions, therefore I have a feeling that the  current spread of virus will eventually stop and diminish, so we can carry on with what the chariot is telling us to do. 

GT will strike when we are at the pick of our activity (something to meditate about)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Coronavirus live updates: First US death reported in Washington state, officials say

"A person has died from the new coronavirus in Washington state, the first death from the virus in the U.S., health officials confirmed Saturday.

The person died in King County, Washington, the state's Department of Health said. More information was expected at a press conference at 1 p.m. PT."

"Meanwhile, President Donald Trump will speak at a press conference at 1:30 p.m. ET at the White House about the latest developments in the outbreak." 

Trump says it's a Democrat hoax

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/coronavirus-latest-updates-china-hubei.html

We cannot completely isolate ourselves.  Hence the need to wash our

hands and not touch our face.

I live in the middle of the middle of nowhere and yet

today I could have been infected with the Coronavirus.

Although I am officially retired from the Fire Department,

the other firefighters asked me to help with an annual fundraiser,

selling Brats, Hotdogs and Chili in our FireHall.

One of our firefighters is married to a woman from the Philippines,

and she just flew in from Tokyo last night and he picked her up at our local

airport.  Of course, he didn't mention she had just flown in from Tokyo until

after we'd all been working with him in close quarters in the kitchen for a few

hours.

As contagious as this virus seems to be, exposure is inevitable.  

To borrow Michael Janitch's motto:  (Dutchsinse)

Don't be scared.

Be prepared.

Works for both earthquakes and pandemics.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We just got a letter from the branch regarding our circuit assembly tomorrow here in Germany. I live close to Düsseldorf, and a few cases have been reported around the areas where people have celebrated Carneval. Carneval is a long weekend Catholic celebration here where people dress up in all sorts of costumes, get wild and drunk on the street and meet together for street parties. Well some were found to be unknowingly infected at this carneval, setting a chain reaction of panic around NRW. It seems to be more panic here in Germany, compared to when I read websites from Canada where I'm from. Anyway, the letter from the branch office here basically encouraged all to decide what they feel is best about attending the circuit assembly. Just as many events around Germany have been cancelled where large groups of people gather together.

After giving it much thought, my daughter and I will stay home. We had this exact same assembly program back in November when we attended the Pidgin Assembly. Thankfully I had to take my bible study back then, so we already had this assembly. My husband didn't go at that time, so he will be driving to the assembly tomorrow, and will be picking up a brother along the way.

Some kindergartens have even been affected here, and have been shut down for 2 weeks , including some public schools. The Germans have also been busy emptying out all the shelves at the grocery stores.  I couldn't even buy toilet paper at the local drugstore today. Lots of panic shopping.

Too bad were not living in Antarctica. A virus-free zone.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

2 minutes ago, nascency said:

We just got a letter from the branch regarding our circuit assembly tomorrow here in Germany. I live close to Düsseldorf, and a few cases have been reported around the areas where people have celebrated Carneval. Carneval is a long weekend Catholic celebration here where people dress up in all sorts of costumes, get wild and drunk on the street and meet together for street parties. Well some were found to be unknowingly infected at this carneval, setting a chain reaction of panic around NRW. It seems to be more panic here in Germany, compared to when I read websites from Canada where I'm from. Anyway, the letter from the branch office here basically encouraged all to decide what they feel is best about attending the circuit assembly. Just as many events around Germany have been cancelled where large groups of people gather together.

After giving it much thought, my daughter and I will stay home. We had this exact same assembly program back in November when we attended the Pidgin Assembly. Thankfully I had to take my bible study back then, so we already had this assembly. My husband didn't go at that time, so he will be driving to the assembly tomorrow, and will be picking up a brother along the way.

Some kindergartens have even been affected here, and have been shut down for 2 weeks , including some public schools. The Germans have also been busy emptying out all the shelves at the grocery stores.  I couldn't even buy toilet paper at the local drugstore today. Lots of panic shopping.

Too bad were not living in Antarctica. A virus-free zone.

Such a wise decision from the slave that your able to make your own decision,  some are young and healthy and would just have a bad flu... and others know that they would be desperately ill. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Yes true. I am fairly strong and healthy, and get lots of fresh air from regular pioneering. But because the population is so high here, I think it will just be a matter of time before we get it too. I just am trying to reduce the odds. Took my latex gloves, virus sanitizing hand gel and even a mask in service yesterday, but just ended up using the gloves to open and close doors. But I hear some elderly ones are staying home. Also I was chatting with an unbaptized sister who is pregnant, and she decided she will not attend. But she was also at the Pidgin Assembly in November. Some families with kids are also staying home I hear.

2 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Such a wise decision from the slave that your able to make your own decision,  some are young and healthy and would just have a bad flu... and others know that they would be desperately ill. 

Just now, Lee49 said:

"Too bad were not living in Antarctica. A virus-free zone."

Well, if the virus doesn't get ya!

2020-02-29_16h04_10.png

Literally this is almost me IRL.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

https://www.seattletimes.com/

Health officials: Dozens at Kirkland nursing facility reporting symptoms that might suggest coronavirus

Health officials: Dozens at Kirkland nursing facility reporting symptoms that might suggest coronavirus

Life Care Center of Kirkland (KIRO)

By: KIRO 7 News Staff
Updated: February 29, 2020 - 1:15 PM

KIRKLAND, Wash. — Dozens of residents and staff at Life Care Center of Kirkland, a nursing and rehab facility, are reporting symptoms that might suggest coronavirus, according to a statement from King County Public Health.

There are also two confirmed cases associated with the nursing facility.

Found these signs at Life Care Center of Kirkland “No Visitors: We Are Having Respiratory Outbreak.”
@NatashaChenCNN confirms- there are about 27/108 residents and 25/180 staff who have reported symptoms that might suggest coronavirus. @KIRO7Seattle @CNN

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

A pioneer sister and myself were discussing how in the world did a person who had no contact with anyone from any foreign country, get the virus?  Well we came up with a few thoughts.  Perhaps no one seems to notice, but the money, the coins, the bills, could they be infected?   Or possibly this is being released through the air by the airlines that fly over head, dumping their waste instead of waiting to get in the terminals.   In my neck of the woods, we had a guy who tried to inject a lady in a store.  You could see it on the store tape.  The authorities have arrested him and the syringe was full of seamen.  (sick and demented people).  Getting back to the paragraph, it was just a thought.  Anything is possible in this time of the end.  Satan, will use anything he can, including the roaming virus, to stop our activities.  But I did appreciate, the report from a brother in here, who is an elder, and he stated that we are to work and continue in the ministry.  The focus is the ministry.  Well I sincerely hope that in my State, they do not cancel anything in April because that is everyone's memorial.  If they do cancel it, we'll wait on the society to tell us what we can do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

a correction from CNN:

"The patient was a man in his 50s who had underlying health conditions, according to Dr. Jeffrey Duchin, health officer for Seattle and King County, Washington state. President Donald Trump and US officials previously said in a press briefing that the patient was a woman."

The facts ma'am, just the facts!

Disease Pandemic

Magnification of pathogens

In the 14th century, the Black Death wiped out a third of the population of Europe in just two years. Between 1918 and 1920, the Spanish flu killed at least 50 million people. Slow methods of travel impeded the spread of those diseases. However, with the growth of cities and the ease of international travel today, a similar disease could rapidly spread across all continents.

Such a pandemic disease could be a natural occurrence. But there are also growing fears of biological weapons, man-made diseases. Experts in the field say that a small group of people who are trained in key disciplines could buy equipment on the Internet and produce deadly biological weapons.

“Naturally occurring disease remains a serious biological threat; however, a thinking enemy armed with these same pathogens—or with [multidrug-resistant] or synthetically engineered pathogens—could produce catastrophic consequences”—The Bipartisan WMD Terrorism Research Center.-

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2012-09&pub=g12&srcid=share

19 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

I think many get sick from eating out at restaurants where the workers in the kitchen are sick..many go out to eat after a convention, and if they are from out of town and are staying in a motel, they may eat food someone else cooked. What you described fits exactly what happened to us when we ate at a restaurant where the staff were all sick..They were living at a motel where foreigners were staying who were all sick!

Yes.. Most likely...