JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

How the mysterious coronavirus from China has spread so quickly

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-the-mysterious-coronavirus-from-china-has-spread-so-quickly-2020-01-21

A U .S. citizen recently returned from central China has been diagnosed with the new virus, the CDC announced Tuesday

The coronavirus has landed on U.S. soil.

A man who returned to the U.S. last week from China was diagnosed with the new and potentially deadly strain of coronavirus, which is responsible for six deaths in Central China as of Tuesday. The outbreak, which has infected more than 200 people in China, is believed to have originated in the Wuhan area, likely at a food market. The man in question is in his 30s and is in good condition at a hospital in Everett, outside Seattle, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-the-mysterious-coronavirus-detected-in-china

First Cases of Mysterious Coronavirus Reported in the U.S.: What to Know Now

Chinese authorities have detected a new outbreak of coronavirus.

While this is the same family as the SARS virus, it appears to be a new disease.

The first case has appeared in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

• Chinese authorities have detected a new outbreak of coronavirus.
  • While this is the same family as the SARS virus, it appears to be a new disease.
  • The first case has appeared in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
  • There have been 291 cases of the new virus reported.

There have been 291 cases of the new virus reported.

Editor’s note: This is a developing story that’s been updated since it was first published. Healthline will continue to update this article when there’s new information.

Chinese scientists have identified a previously unknown type of coronavirus as the cause of a recent pneumonia outbreak in the city of Wuhan, according to state media.

The current situation follows the severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) outbreak in 2002 and first detection of Middle East respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in 2012.

NBC Nightly News has been covering this virus threat for the past few days now.

Please be careful when traveling. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

One case reported in Brisbane, Australia. Person returned from Wuhan, China. 3 direct flights a week, so it is only a matter of time before more arrive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-21/coronavirus-brisbane-person-released-from-isolation-tested/11886164

Just Older

19 hours ago, Lee49 said:

😷or risk being sick🤢

FYI masks are only meant to prevent spreading or aerosolizing the virus. Once it's in the air, they won't help much.

Best thing you can do aside from following proper sanitation is to strengthen your immune system. You can do this by not eating chronically inflammatory refined foods, get plenty of sunlight, sleep well, exercise regularly, and have a reasonably but not obsessively clean living environment. Then your body will be better equipped to fight infections and biofilms on its own. For everything else: https://selfhacked.com/blog/44-science-backed-ways-to-inhibit-biofilms-naturally-with-references/

Edited by Myew

53 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Death toll now 17!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/asia/china-wuhan-coronavirus-deadly-intl-hnk/index.html

Wuhan coronavirus death toll rises, as city imposes transport lockdown!

Worldwide, a total of 555 cases have been confirmed since the outbreak was detected in mid-December.

However, the World Health Organization (WHO) has not yet declared the virus a "public health emergency of international concern," which might merit a coordinated global response.

The organization's emergency committee met Wednesday in Geneva, but decided more information was needed to declare the status of the outbreak and what recommendations should be made regarding it. It is expected to take up the matter again on Thursday.

I do not have a whole lot of confidence in worldly committees in this system of things.  :( 

How many committee members does it take to change a lightbulb? "This topic was resumed from last week's discussion, but is incomplete pending resolution of some action items. It will be continued next week. Meanwhile ..." 

"To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three people, two of whom are absent"
-- Robert Copeland

If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees.  That'll do them in.  ~Author Unknown

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The organization's emergency committee met Wednesday in Geneva, but decided more information was needed to declare the status of the outbreak and what recommendations should be made regarding it. It is expected to take up the matter again on Thursday.

Meanwhile, hundreds if not thousands more die! ( maybe)

According to Google Search under SARS:

How did SARS begin?
SARS is caused by a member of the coronavirus family of viruses (the same family that can cause the common cold). It is believed the 2003 epidemic started when the virus spread from small mammals in China. When someone with SARS coughs or sneezes, infected droplets spray into the air.Jan 15, 2019

What animal caused SARS?
Cause. SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) – virus identified in 2003. SARS-CoV is thought to be an animal virus from an as-yet-uncertain animal reservoir, perhaps bats, that spread to other animals (civet cats) and first infected humans in the Guangdong province of southern China in 2002.

Is SARS epidemic or pandemic?
An epidemic occurs when an infectious disease spreads rapidly to many people. For example, in 2003, the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic took the lives of nearly 800 people worldwide.

Is SARS a DNA or RNA virus?
The SARS coronavirus is a positive and single stranded RNA virus belonging to a family of enveloped coronaviruses. Its genome is about 29.7kb, which is one of the largest among RNA viruses. The SARS virus has 13 known genes and 14 known proteins.

Friends, according to Google, it started in China, back in 2002 and here it is again, from the host China)

I just hope those incognito do not get this.  Since I had my surgery, my immune system has gone down, but after the surgery, I have been trying to rebuild it.  Not sure if you friends have ever heard of Monolaurin beads or powder, but I have been taking this every day.  I stopped all the narcotic drugs they gave me to take and still did not developed an infection on the wound.  It fact it's heeled up quiet fast.  No matter what though, our life in in Jehovah's hands no matter how much protection we eat or drink, or masks we wear, wash our hands. 

Monolaurin shows antibacterial effects against a range of bacteria including antibiotic-resistant bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus (Staph). According to a 2013 study, monolaurin is effective both in vitro and in living beings against certain strains of Staph infection.

It  also build up your immune system.  But you got to cut down on sugar!!!  Or stop it. 

I've already had the Typa A flu, Pneumonia and SIRS (Systemic Inflammatory Respsonse Syndrome) so I guess from here out, when I leave the house - I will be wearing a mask! I do NOT want to catch anything close to SARS or MERS.... 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

This is a serious thing by the looks of things. The fatality rate for Sars is about 15% and for Mers about 35%. For the elderly ones the rate is close to 50%.

Now for comparison, the fatality rate for the flu is between 0.1 and 2.5%, which claims between 200,000 and 600,000 lives each year globally.  

If this strain of coronavirus, which is said to be closely related to Sars, spreads, there will be millions of deaths. No wonder the World Health Organisation is very concerned. 

Edited by Bek

on a more serious note:

“We are now seeing second and third generation spread,” said Dr. David Heymann, the chairperson of a WHO committee that is gathering data on the virus, evidence is accruing that shows more distant contact could spread the virus, such as if a sick person were to sneeze or cough near someone else’s face.

He said there is no evidence at this point that the virus is airborne and could be spread across a room, as happens with the flu or measles.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-intl-hnk/h_2748e6c7898fd744e47b47a135c75203