JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Brother David, your post, showing that this outbreak is in the same area as China's deadly virus lab, has not gone unnoticed.

Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Times - Sunday, January 26, 2020

The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.

Radio Free Asia last week rebroadcast a Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China’s most advanced virus research laboratory, known the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

Mr. Shoham holds a doctorate in medical microbiology. From 1970 to 1991, he was a senior analyst with Israeli military intelligence for biological and chemical warfare in the Middle East and worldwide. He held the rank of lieutenant colonel.

China has denied having any offensive biological weapons, but a State Department report last year revealed suspicions of covert biological warfare work.

One ominous sign, said a U.S. official, is that false rumors circulating on the Chinese internet claim the virus is part of a U.S. conspiracy to spread germ weapons. That could indicate China is preparing propaganda outlets to counter any charges that the new coronavirus escaped from one of Wuhan’s civilian or defense research laboratories.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Has anyone in here notice when President Xi is on the camera (when speaking about this virus) that he is not wearing a mask or his cabinet around him?  Everyone in china has a mask on, from citizen to police and military, but not Xi. Why?

Because the leader and his counselors don't want to alarm people any more than they already are.

If he was seen wearing a mask the population would freak out.

From apnews.com today. (associated Press) 

ap news 1.jpg

ap news 2.jpg

ap news 3.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We've had our first confirmed case only a few dozen kilometers away from where I live. The man recently travelled home to Munich from China. They say he and his close acquaintances are being closely monitored. But if he travelled through the airport and went home with public transport there is a real risk he spread the virus to others and we have yet to find out.

I am usually against vaccines where possible to avoid them, but I think that if this were to escalate and a vaccine made available my wife, who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, would take the shot. We only recently recovered from a flu with a severe, dry cough and I don't think her lungs could deal with another attack.

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

We've had our first confirmed case only a few dozen kilometers away from where I live. The man recently travelled home to Munich from China. They say he and his close acquaintances are being closely monitored. But if he travelled through the airport and went home with public transport there is a real risk he spread the virus to others and we have yet to find out.

I am usually against vaccines where possible to avoid them, but I think that if this were to escalate and a vaccine made available my wife, who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, would take the shot. We only recently recovered from a flu with a severe, dry cough and I don't think her lungs could deal with another attack.

I've also just heard on the news that someone has been infected in Germany without even leaving the country,  he caught it from someone who 2 days later returned to China and then became ill. 

It's hard to know which stories to believe, but this was given out on the main TV news station

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

3 minutes ago, anniebea said:

I've also just heard on the news that someone has been infected in Germany without even leaving the country,  he caught it from someone who 2 days later returned to China and then became ill. 

It's hard to know which stories to believe, but this was given out on the main TV news station

Yes, the original story has been corrected. It wasn't the German returning from China. It was a Chinese employee who had the outbreak while here but I think she's gone home by now. So the infection has been around for longer. The really bad part is that the infected German is a colleague of the husband of the sister of my wife's colleague.

Infected man -> Colleague -> Wife -> Sister -> my wife

We're hoping for the best but we expect the worst, as usual. The coming days will tell.

22 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Yes, the original story has been corrected. It wasn't the German returning from China. It was a Chinese employee who had the outbreak while here but I think she's gone home by now. So the infection has been around for longer. The really bad part is that the infected German is a colleague of the husband of the sister of my wife's colleague.

Infected man -> Colleague -> Wife -> Sister -> my wife

We're hoping for the best but we expect the worst, as usual. The coming days will tell.

I hope you all stay safe... will you be isolating yourselves just in case?

I'm also going to stick my neck out here because I firmly believe that this is one of the notable features at this time..

Screenshot_20200128-125528_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

2 minutes ago, anniebea said:

I hope you all stay safe... will you be isolating yourselves just in case?

No chance, we have to fulfill our contractual obligations to our employer als long as our health enables us to. But we are putting a lot of thought into protection, regular disinfection and a healthier diet in the coming weeks.

This on Daily Mail News this morning/Jan 28, 2020

Now German man catches deadly coronavirus WITHOUT going to China: Europe records its first case of human-to-human transmission as Hong Kong BANS travel to mainland and Australian celebrity hotel locks down amid worldwide fears

It's spreading from people to people.  Chinese people not knowing they have it themselves are spreading it to other's.  This is like Ebola. Even though Ebola is contained in one nation Africa.  But this virus is spreading worldwide. 

7 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This on Daily Mail News this morning/Jan 28, 2020

Now German man catches deadly coronavirus WITHOUT going to China: Europe records its first case of human-to-human transmission as Hong Kong BANS travel to mainland and Australian celebrity hotel locks down amid worldwide fears

It's spreading from people to people.  Chinese people not knowing they have it themselves are spreading it to other's.  This is like Ebola. Even though Ebola is contained in one nation Africa.  But this virus is spreading worldwide. 

The thing with Ebola was that it was not contagious until people started exhibiting symptoms, unlike this Corona virus, which can spread days before you get fever or cough etc.

I watched this entire video last night.

It is put out by two gentlemen who lived in China and

who still have friends there.   It is really an eye-opener!  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

There's a video going around supposedly from a whistleblower, a Chinese "CDC" type worker, who claims that the outbreak has affected a whopping 90.000 people in Wuhan and that, depending on circumstances, treatment and quarantine, the disease has an r0 basic reproduction number of up to 14. Compared to the flu that has about 2-3. This disease seems to have double the mortality rate. So I think this is going to have a hard impact on China.

Then you have videos of Chinese hospitals with hundreds of people lining up to be treated. Hundreds of sick are on lockdown, you have videos on people on lockdown complaining about how they are running out of supplies.

All these videos are being downplayed as right-wing "conspiracy theories" and "questionable" by the "reliable media". When the media downplays a situation instead of blowing it out of proportion... well, it just makes me wonder.

But isn't it interesting that this threat of a pandemic is the result of modern globalism combined with a severe lack of any regard for Jehovah's laws in terms of cleanliness, in terms of what we eat, how it is prepared and in terms of hygiene.

@ChocoBro I saw that video. Very grim. He knows he might get in trouble for it, but is trying to spread the word so that China will be exposed and to ask for some sort of help. There is some language in the video if anyone chooses to watch it, but I can understand the man's frustration with his government.

5 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

@ChocoBro I saw that video. Very grim. He knows he might get in trouble for it, but is trying to spread the word so that China will be exposed and to ask for some sort of help. There is some language in the video if anyone chooses to watch it, but I can understand the man's frustration with his government.

The video I saw was a female in a full hazmat suit. Her name was Jin Hui.

We need to keep in mind that we are living in the age of fake news. However, they are pulling hospitals out of the ground within a week. After watching Chernobyl, I am willing to bet that this regime is trying desperately to cover up the magnitude of the situation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7929657/Nurse-treating-coronavirus-sufferers-China-claims-90-000-people-infected.html

Edited by ChocoBro

4 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

The video I saw was a female in a full hazmat suit. Her name was Jin Hui.

We need to keep in mind that we are living in the age of fake news. However, they are pulling hospitals out of the ground within a week. After watching Chernobyl, I am willing to bet that this regime is trying desperately to cover up the magnitude of the situation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7929657/Nurse-treating-coronavirus-sufferers-China-claims-90-000-people-infected.html

Ah I see.

This was what I saw (and again, I'll put a warning for some bad language here, but it's a serious video)

Edited by EccentricM

You need to keep in mind that kids in Hong Kong are doing what they can to shake off the Chinese grip. This could be disinformation coming from Hong Kong trying to destabilize China. I don't know. I guess it would be good if you could determine an accent or something. So I am skeptical on both sides.

EDIT: But he makes a point I've heard time and again. Namely, that the outbreak goes back weeks further, and that the local authorities hoped it would go away and reacted very suddenly and too late.

Edited by ChocoBro