JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Coronavirus not a global health crisis, WHO says; China restricts movement of 20M people in 3 cities

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/23/coronavirus-wuhan-china-quarantine-vaccine/4551112002/

WHO are you going to believe? Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

Well, the mysterious coronavirus now has a name:

The World Health Organization (WHO) has named the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV.

Who, in their right mind, would ever get close enough to a venomous snake for it to breathe on them? :( 

Snakes often hunt for bats in wild. Reports indicate that snakes were sold in the local seafood market in Wuhan, raising the possibility that the 2019-nCoV might have jumped from the host species -- bats -- to snakes and then to humans at the beginning of this coronavirus outbreak. However, how the virus could adapt to both the cold-blooded and warm-blooded hosts remains a mystery. 

Oh.  So...who in their right mind would ever eat a venomous snake? :( 

Three reasons the US is not ready for the next pandemic

https://theconversation.com/three-reasons-the-us-is-not-ready-for-the-next-pandemic-100799

Overuse of a wonder drug

Prior to Alexander Fleming’s discovery of penicillin, even the smallest scratch could be deadly. Its discovery, however, helped contribute to the perception that man had conquered disease, despite Fleming’s warning that “the thoughtless person playing with penicillin treatment is morally responsible for the death of a man who succumbs to infection with the penicillin resistant organism.” Now, 70 years later, society is quickly reaching the precipice of that reality.

Modern society is able to function and flourish in large part because of the global supply chains transporting parts, equipment and supplies with speed, efficiency and just-in-time delivery, which allows business to keep carrying costs low because they can order what they need and have it shipped quickly, or “just in time.” Global supply chains, which consist of production specialization through comparative advantage, has enabled great economic development, but their just-in-time structure also leaves them exceedingly vulnerable. Components of the critical medical infrastructure, such as components essential to running life support machines or insulin for diabetics, are always in transit.

This means that even a localized disease could deprive people of needed medical supplies. For example, if an epidemic hits a town in Asia where N95 masks, which are used to protect people from hazardous substances, are manufactured, there may no longer be any N95 masks to be shipped to the United States or elsewhere. The United States experienced supply chain breakdown when Hurricane Maria caused a disruption in the supply of small bag IV saline. A manufacturer in Puerto Rico that produces nearly half of all the saline utilized in the U.S. had to halt production because of the hurricane.

As someone previously posted,  Revelation 6:7–8 The Pale Horse and pestilence. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

As someone previously posted,  Revelation 6:7–8 The Pale Horse and pestilence. :( 

They eat  venomous snake because out of superstitions or poverty. 

In my country, some people eat bullfrog, it has poison too. But people can't afford to buy eat so they eat them. 

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Oh.  So...who in their right mind would ever eat a venomous snake?

Well, I have, but that doesn't really address your point..

There is a distinct difference between a poisonous or venomous snake...

56 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Well, I have, but that doesn't really address your point..

There is a distinct difference between a poisonous or venomous snake...

Rattlesnake?

Did it taste like chicken? :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

34 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Rattlesnake?

Did it taste like chicken? :D

Yes, it was rattlesnake, BBQ...and no, it tasted more like BBQ strands of leather....not very good...

I probably overcooked it, we were camping and had other food, I had killed the snake because it entered our campsite and it was within feet of my infant son when one of my daughters spotted it.

I had been wanting to try snake so I went ahead and cooked it. I may try it again some time, if the opportunity presents itself....

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Well, the mysterious coronavirus now has a name:

Who, in their right mind, would ever get close enough to a venomous snake for it to breathe on them? :( 

Yeah, that is interesting - 4 horsemen.

26 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Wuhan, China, is scrambling to build a hospital in just 6 days to treat coronavirus patients its health system gets overwhelmed

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-virus-wuhan-building-new-hospital-coronavirus-2020-1

Talk about about a quick build!

2020-01-24_07h27_44.png

They are good in quick building but substandard. 

59 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Wuhan, China, is scrambling to build a hospital in just 6 days to treat coronavirus patients its health system gets overwhelmed

Yes, that is what centrally commanded communism is all about. Things get done very quickly. No fuss about public opinion. We will most likely have something similar in the New World. :) 

13 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Yes, it was rattlesnake, BBQ...and no, it tasted more like BBQ strands of leather....not very good...

I probably overcooked it, we were camping and had other food, I had killed the snake because it entered our campsite and it was within feet of my infant son when one of my daughters spotted it.

I had been wanting to try snake so I went ahead and cooked it. I may try it again some time, if the opportunity presents itself....

I have caught and eaten rattlesnake several times. I found it to be quite tasty very similar to frog legs. It take a big snake to provide much meat. We once had a six foot rattlesnake dinner, no leftovers. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Bek said:

Yes, that is what centrally commanded communism is all about. Things get done very quickly. No fuss about public opinion. We will most likely have something similar in the New World. :) 

But with greater quality... communism doesn't work in this world.

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

"Yes, that is what centrally commanded communism is all about. Things get done very quickly. No fuss about public opinion. We will most likely have something similar in the New World. " ^

except in communism religion is rejected!

Yes, that is because communism itself was a religion. 

47 minutes ago, Dages said:

But with greater quality... communism doesn't work in this world.

Yes, that goes without saying. Nothing will compare to God's rule. 

Nothing works in this world. Sooner or later all human rule leads to a disaster. :)

So this is interesting, on the topic with the rattlesnakes. I heard that this virus may have come from people such things, as well as eating bats in China as it's delicacy, and the strain of the virus in people has shown to be shared with them. 

https://news.yahoo.com/studies-suggest-role-bats-snakes-outbreak-china-virus-061453268.html