JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Here's something lighthearted during Corona.

Quarantine cats is trending on Twitter. Pictures of cats being properly quarantined https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23quarantinecats&src=trend_click

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

11 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Here's something lighthearted during Corona.

Quarantine cats is trending on Twitter. Pictures of cats being properly quarantined https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23quarantinecats&src=trend_click

Cricket requested that I panic buy his gravy treats. #QuarantineCats

spacer.png

LOLOL :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

37 minutes ago, Loopy said:

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) announced Sunday 20 positive cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This brings the state total of COVID-19 cases to 53.

Sadly Ohio is catching up with your state. Up to 50 positive tests.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-16-20-intl-hnk/

White House recommends people avoid gatherings of more than 10 people

The outbreak in the US is expected to last until "July or August, perhaps longer", Mr Trump says

...so no conventions ???

It just makes me sick that there might not be a convention this year. They are the highlight of my year and have been for 50 yrs. ours is scheduled for the end of May and it’s not looking good right now. Bummer.. maybe if cancelled they can postpone for awhile. I know that they can be streamed, but it’s just not the same. Just one more thing to adjust to I guess.. just one more thing to blame on satans world, but not for much longer thankfully!

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

That’s true but I didn’t hear anybody say that the end is here... yet.  If the end does come then who needs the convention, right? So, as I see it, I want either the end to come by then or I want the convention, I’ll settle for either one... preferably the end. 

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

17 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Thinking of you guys x

33 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

remember what Bro Morris said:

And I’m pretty sure when the end comes no one is going to say,

“Oh no…..we didn’t get to attend that convention.  I was so  looking forward to it.”

It's entitled 'Rejoice' this year ... maybe all will be put on hold and everyone will attend it at the same time in the NS? (conjecture here of course - just a nice thought).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

28 minutes ago, paulc said:

That’s true but I didn’t hear anybody say that the end is here... yet.  If the end does come then who needs the convention, right? So, as I see it, I want either the end to come by then or I want the convention, I’ll settle for either one... preferably the end. 

I think conventions will continue into the NS. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/16/coronavirus-task-force-hold-briefing-live-updates/5057442002/

Trump dismisses false reports of national lockdown

President Donald Trump appeared to suggest foreign groups could be behind a disinformation campaign that circulated rumors the government was close to placing the U.S. on lockdown.

When asked if he agreed with U.S. officials who warned that foreign entities are behind a disinformation campaign to stoke fears of a nationwide quarantine, Trump said: "I think it could be that you have some foreign groups that are playing games, but it doesn't matter. We haven't really determined to do that all. Hopefully, we won't have to."

I'm really hoping it is taken under control before the memorial, though it's not looking good. I appreciate the streaming service but my heart still breaks knowing I can't be with my spiritual family in person to commemorated Christ's life and death. I was thinking this year could be one of our last memorials before the GT, but I understand that we are being guided and protected by Jehovah and the GB right now. I'm just so grateful to have such a warm community online to share my thoughts with. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Skyler said:

I'm really hoping it is taken under control before the memorial, though it's not looking good. I appreciate the streaming service but my heart still breaks knowing I can't be with my spiritual family in person to commemorated Christ's life and death. I was thinking this year could be one of our last memorials before the GT, but I understand that we are being guided and protected by Jehovah and the GB right now. I'm just so grateful to have such a warm community online to share my thoughts with. ❤️

On the up side Skyler - I've been thinking how Tom and I would hold it - doing it in an isolated scenario brings your faith down to brass tacks - it becomes between you and Jesus directly - showing your appreciation in a personal way we've never had to do before ... Imagine from Jehovah's point of view - millions more prayers because there will be millions more gatherings ... imagine him hearing all those prayers of individual groups. It's going to make him smile big time.

32 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

On the up side Skyler - I've been thinking how Tom and I would hold it - doing it in an isolated scenario brings your faith down to brass tacks - it becomes between you and Jesus directly - showing your appreciation in a personal way we've never had to do before ... Imagine from Jehovah's point of view - millions more prayers because there will be millions more gatherings ... imagine him hearing all those prayers of individual groups. It's going to make him smile big time.

What a beautiful thought!!! It brightened my whole day. What a special memorial it will be!! ❤️

Does anyone get the niggling feeling that we will perhaps not be meeting again at our halls, that the smaller numbers in which people can meet is getting smaller, meaning no witnessing, meetings, Memorial. Jehovah is prepping us now for groups we will meet in when the GT starts - that this is not a practice run but a gradual step by step approach to the outbreak of the GT. Shutting down of everything in this system which is literally bringing the world to a standstill. It's like Satan's system commercially is already starting to crumble.

4 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Does anyone get the niggling feeling that we will perhaps not be meeting again at our halls, that the smaller numbers in which people can meet is getting smaller, meaning no witnessing, meetings, Memorial. Jehovah is prepping us now for groups we will meet in when the GT starts - that this is not a practice run but a gradual step by step approach to the outbreak of the GT. Shutting down of everything in this system which is literally bringing the world to a standstill. It's like Satan's system commercially is already starting to crumble.

I did - i cried when I realized on Sunday we'd have to ring in from now on. However, that is running slightly ahead of the chariot - so yes I have the same feelings but reigning in feelings in lieu of becoming dogmatic about how things are going.  

The other thing I thought the world shutting down as it is - is allowing our earth to breathe again and heal ... if we are all on lockdown and this is what leads into the GT - we will walk out into a cleaner world. But it may also be just a window for everyone to gather their thoughts so we can be used again by Jehovah ... time will give us the answers.

This cant be just some small blip in our ministry  meetings etc 

What I heard on bbc news just now as to why the government has drastically changed what they need us to do was to do with new scientific modeling that came to their attention. Really not good. No wonder those in the world are scared.

The details dont matter but it proves again and again that human rule just does not work.

We need Jehovahs Kingdom so much.