JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you feel safe to travel?

Qantas' international network will almost cease to exist until at least the end of May 2020.

The flight cancellations will see the grounding of around 150 aircraft, including almost all of the airline's international Airbus A380, Airbus A330 and Boeing 787 fleet.

"Total group international capacity will be cut by around 90 per cent until at least the end of May 2020," the airline says, adding that this "largely reflects the demand impact of severe quarantine requirements on people's ability to travel overseas."

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/coronavirus-qantas-grounds-international-flights

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, New World Explorer said:

We have been invited to a wedding in Greece in July.

In which city brother Greg?

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2020 at 3:14 AM, New World Explorer said:

Do you feel safe to travel, especially to other countries? 
We have been invited to a wedding in Greece in July. (Yes, I do have friends ...LOL :whistling:

Together with my wife, we display certain reservations regarding travel during the corona virus outbreak.

Also thinking of large Conventions prepared for us internationally.....how do you feel? 
Would you travel within next few months? 

Wow, the topic was posted on Feb 14, 2020..and it was interesting to read responses from vantage point of 26.0.821 (today) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I won't be travelling, even in my car for long distances.  I have been vaccinated, but the vaccine is only 91% effective against getting the Delta variant, although it was 96% effective against the original COVID.  It is 100% effective in preventing death. However, if I get the virus and then spread it to someone unvaccinated who later dies...

That is not something I want to contemplate.

I will not be travelling until this is over, if ever.  It is very possible that the world may feel that the virus is under control, and start saying peace and security, while we are still conducting meetings on Zoom.  I used to think that COVID would be completely gone before the world starts claiming Peace and Security, but others explained to me how the world may open back up while the Kingdom Halls are still closed, and the GT could begin without the Kingdom Halls ever opening again.

Edit: To sum it up,  No, I do not feel safe to travel.

Edited by Witness1970

Yes. I feel safe to travel. But there are very few contacts with people up here. And there is no outbreak in the district and surrounds.
However, our situation is quite rare.
I do not know of many places like the 'Northern Territoy' of Australia where there isn't enough population to even form a local state government, and the weather allows travel this time of year...

Old (Downunder) Tone

27Aug21.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

No because of uptick, not of Covid but, flight violence. I got no time for me to get caught up in any stupidity that may affect their well being!
(I don’t want to get triggered by the fools around me)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2021/07/18/airplane-fight-behavior-faa-arrests/

Unruly airplane passengers are straining the system for keeping peace in the sky

A rise in confrontations is linked to alcohol, disputes over mask mandates and many of the same pathologies of life on the ground

No because of uptick, not of Covid but, flight violence. I got no time for me to get caught up in any stupidity that may affect their well being!
(I don’t want to get triggered by the fools around me)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2021/07/18/airplane-fight-behavior-faa-arrests/

Unruly airplane passengers are straining the system for keeping peace in the sky

A rise in confrontations is linked to alcohol, disputes over mask mandates and many of the same pathologies of life on the ground

Yes, I am a flight attendant for American Airlines and this year we have a to take aggressive defensive training because the passengers are no longer willing to be orderly. We are no longer serving alcohol in coach. If the cabin is rowdy when they come on we won’t serve anything. The Captain makes a announcement reminding passengers we are there for their safety first. Beverages and snacks is just a added benefit. I will definitely keep you posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, shawthorne said:

If the cabin is rowdy when they come on we won’t serve anything

Well last minute yanking away food that was expected is definitely going to make matters worse. Stomachs grumbling...irritated passengers who didn't bring a snack...

Well last minute yanking away food that was expected is definitely going to make matters worse. Stomachs grumbling...irritated passengers who didn't bring a snack...

No its not last minute yank. If it’s overseas they will always get food, and drinks. Domestic most flight are soda, coffee, water or tea. Because of turbulence more flight are too dangerous so they look silly because they passed all those venders. They are paying for the seats. We are there for emergency. If they act up the captain will land the plane and kick them off. If someone ask for a special request we do honor that request. Plus on coach they have to pay 9 bucks for a deli sandwich if it’s over 3 hours.

Yes, I am a flight attendant for American Airlines and this year we have a to take aggressive defensive training because the passengers are no longer willing to be orderly. We are no longer serving alcohol in coach. If the cabin is rowdy when they come on we won’t serve anything. The Captain makes a announcement reminding passengers we are there for their safety first. Beverages and snacks is just a added benefit. I will definitely keep you posted.

Be safe Sister Hawthorne:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/flight-attendants-unruly-passengers-covid/index.html

Dread at 30,000 ft: Inside the increasingly violent world of US flight attendants

Agape

Be safe Sister Hawthorne:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/flight-attendants-unruly-passengers-covid/index.html

Dread at 30,000 ft: Inside the increasingly violent world of US flight attendants

Agape

Thank you for the article, it’s dead on point. I loved interacting with passengers and have been blessed in the past to preach. However now it’s like a hostile bunch of people looking to find a reason to fight with us or the person next to them. It’s gut wrenching to see a wonderful experience destroyed by Satanic influence over these people. The masks are front and center of our dilemma. We have to address these people for safety reasons.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/09/02/woman-charged-in-federal-court-accused-of-knocking-out-teeth-of-southwest-flight-attendant/

Woman Charged in Federal Court Accused of Knocking Out Teeth of Southwest Flight Attendant

It's getting terrible what people have to put up with, at least they are giving more serious charges and fines against those that are "unruly " , women acting like they are in the MMA ( mixed martial arts ) duct  taping unruly ones to the seats, maybe they will come up with an automatic ejection seat, parachute included !  😂

We had plans to travel to Miami by the end of this month. I would really like to spend some days in the keys and the Everglades, and the plane tickets were ridiculously cheap. But European tourists are still not allowed into the US, even if we are fully vaccinated, and it doesn't seem that's going to change in the next weeks, so we will have to go somewhere else and leave Miami for a later date. At least our tickets have flexible dates. :)

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/09/02/woman-charged-in-federal-court-accused-of-knocking-out-teeth-of-southwest-flight-attendant/
Woman Charged in Federal Court Accused of Knocking Out Teeth of Southwest Flight Attendant
It's getting terrible what people have to put up with, at least they are giving more serious charges and fines against those that are "unruly " , women acting like they are in the MMA ( mixed martial arts ) duct  taping unruly ones to the seats, maybe they will come up with an automatic ejection seat, parachute included !  

Yeah, my cousin-in-law (not a sister) is a flight attendant for Southwest and has a lot anxiety after going back to work late July early August due this unprecedented violence.

Not easy