JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Always united - Corona won´t drag us down!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1510 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sister Christina, thank you for starting  this thread it's very much needed. 

I Live in Virginia USA and are meeting have been cancelled for two weeks.   Looking at the news this coronovirous is spreading.

Having  my meetings at home with family is very refreshing. I'm worried this will affect the memorial.  Our congregation booked a hotel and things are looking bleak.   I actually have been visiting the forums more often now because it's like up lifting association from all the worry and Chaos.

Edited by cj24

7 hours ago, cj24 said:

Sister Christina, thank you for starting  this thread it's very much needed. 

I Live in Virginia USA and are meeting have been cancelled for two weeks.   Looking at the news this coronovirous is spreading.

Having  my meetings at home with family is very refreshing. I'm worried this will affect the memorial.  Our congregation booked a hotel and things are looking bleak.   I actually have been visiting the forums more often now because it's like up lifting association from all the worry and Chaos.

Having these lockdowns is making us more spiritual people. We have more time for bible reading and meditation.

37 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Having these lockdowns is making us more

Agree. I see this global lockdown of the brotherhood as a means to be better prepared for the great tribulation. We are less distracted by day-to-day occupations and can focus more on spiritual matters. I don’t view it as a total negative occurrence; we have to draw benefits from that experience. 

At the same time, everything has been so sudden, so strange. The whole world stopping its activities, country after country. Very strange to observe.

2 hours ago, Patinage said:

At the same time, everything has been so sudden, so strange. The whole world stopping its activities, country after country. Very strange to observe.

Yeah, the exact wording I had in my mind - strange. Yes, it is pestilence as foretold in the Bible - but the way in which it is happening is not just its coming and going - it is wreaking havoc - forcing all of mankind in effect to press the pause button on everyday life on Earth.

On 3/16/2020 at 12:04 PM, Patinage said:

Have you seen the video of brothers and sisters singing to older Bethelites locked down at the UK Bethel in Chelmsford ? (The building is grey with green balconies).

Our field service overseer has just sent me the video on my phone. But I don't know how to transfer it, if it's even possible...🙃

Anyhow, they are singing outside and one of the songs is Unfailing love, how appropriate...

I thought I would share that encouragement with all of you...

Agape to all,

Patricia

I was sent this video it’s amazing! 😍 I hope it’s ok to upload it, please remove if not 

So far we are still doing ok still witnessing and meetings in country Australia thinking of you All that haven’t got there meetings going still but it won’t be long till it affects us agape x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

On 3/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, esctec said:

@bethel england
as the wing reserved for elderly JW is under quarantine
the love is not grown less  

Where else can I find the link to this video? Anyone know?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

On 3/16/2020 at 8:14 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

That video is posted on the Meetings in areas hit by Coronavirus thread.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/44157-meetings-in-areas-hit-by-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=715789

Just what I was looking for!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

19 hours ago, JudyO said:

Where else can I find the link to this video? Anyone know?

https://jwtalk.net/uploads/monthly_2020_03/bethel_england.mp4.d893d3d6147a7d1778ff6cab3fd7ea9d.mp4

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 3/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, esctec said:

210728300_coronaselftest.thumb.jpg.d8913970c65c079ca28f46ab3dbd4039.jpg

Covid 19 self test.  with stay at home indicator

I’m assuming this is a funny?  Looks like a pregnancy test!!!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 3/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Strawberrypeach said:

We are using zoom, seems to work well 

Our congregation is using Zoom too. However, I haven't been able to get it to work. I don't know if others are having the same problem.

We also have the usual option of listening on the phone or watching another meeting on stream.jw.org.

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

Our congregation is using Zoom too. However, I haven't been able to get it to work. I don't know if others are having the same problem.

We also have the usual option of listening on the phone or watching another meeting on stream.jw.org.

Eric, try this toppic..lots of info. about ZOOM..you can also ask specific questions..https://jwtalk.net/topic/44423-zoom-skype-technical-qa-here/?tab=comments#comment-716739

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

Did Zoom fail after you put in the ten digit meeting address followed by the pin number? Or did the install fail?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:36 PM, SUNRAY said:

Eric, try this toppic..lots of info. about ZOOM..you can also ask specific questions..https://jwtalk.net/topic/44423-zoom-skype-technical-qa-here/?tab=comments#comment-716739

Thanks. I will definitely look into that!

On 3/22/2020 at 6:06 PM, Old said:

Did Zoom fail after you put in the ten digit meeting address followed by the pin number? Or did the install fail?

The link the congregation gave us included the nine-digit meeting address, so I didn't have to type it in. There was no PIN. The problem I had (both last Wednesday and yesterday) was that I could only see myself in the Zoom "window." I couldn't see nor hear anyone else. And yet, one of the brothers I called for help said he saw me there!

At least I could listen on the phone, except no one could comment from there unless they also had some other kind of connection on the Internet. I'm not sure how that worked though.

The Wednesday night meeting I heard was in the Kingdom Hall, but was one of two separate groups. (There were actually two meetings going on at the same time in our congregation.) So the sound I heard was clear, coming from the Kingdom Hall's microphone. But for the Sunday meeting there was only one group, all of whom were in their own homes. The sound wasn't so clear since the voices of the speaker, the Watchtower conductor, and all the participants came through each one's phone, laptop, or tablet.

Now, the next problem is that next weekend (March 28) is our Circuit Assembly, which was cancelled too. Arrangements are yet to be announced about how we are going to be tied into that. If it's via Zoom, I'm worried about that. I heard it's to be done by "streaming," which means we have to listen to it live. Apparently we can't download it and listen to it at another time. However, since there is no audience participation maybe it's coming to us a different way. I'm not sure yet if the speakers are actually going to be at the Assembly Hall, or if it's some other way.

Edited by Sheep

On 3/22/2020 at 9:53 AM, Sheep said:

Where I live, we have real iffy internet service. During the phone tie in, with the pioneer meeting, (all but four had video. Us 4 with pathetic internet, just audio.) for me, the sound was not good. I need to listen, anyway, if I can. So I don’t feel alienated from the rest of the congregation. 
Then, I can catch what I missed by streaming. 

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!