JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Always united - Corona won´t drag us down!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1502 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I would post a picture of our first meeting in a private home but I dont want to share it without their permission. However we had a great meeting and it felt like an old Book Study...👍🏼

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, careful said:

are people coming to these gatherings in meeting clothes?

Our congregation service groups are meeting in private homes for our scheduled meetings. It is a congregational arrangement and everyone dresses appropriately. 

Is that what you were asking about?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, careful said:

Yes we all did, after all we opened with song & prayer & so it felt like we were at the meeting albeit very small ☺️

Ps I wouldn’t mind sending a picture but this particular subject is in the ‘publicly seen’ section so I will refrain....nice picture of you though ☺️

Lovely thought.  I would post one of me now with my dogs gathered around while I recline in bed still snuggled under covers but my hair has not been brushed and my pajamas are in need of darning. So I'll spare you the frightful site.  On the other hand, I think it is good to know that Jehovah is involved in all our thoughts and activities. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I went to the meeting. In Florida. It was surreal. I could almost feel Jehovah! His presence. 
I have to do it in the wee hours, but, I was awake from 2-5 AM.

We have a dear sister that will dress for the meeting, before she listens, or watches it on line. 
Me? Low level. I just sing in my heart. 
Can you imagine waking up my husband, singing away? (And one of the songs was one of my favorites!) 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It is a meeting. Just like at the Kingdom Hall and other theocratic venues, you are expected to dress appropriately.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

16 hours ago, coony77 said:

Dear brothers and sisters, all of us are going through challenging times now that we can´t have our meetings or participate in service like we used to do until now.

I thought about a simple way to share a little encouragement among our worldwide brotherhood - maybe you like it?

Now that many of us have to stay at home for charantine reasons, maybe we can share a picture of ourselves  while we are occupied with any kind of spiritual things like reading the bible, watching JW.Broadcasting, writing witnessing letters or emails, having our family worship - even posting things here on JW.Talk. What do you think? Would this cheer us up a little bit?

I´ll try to make a start 

20200315_110423.jpg

What is charantine reasons? Is it the Asian Bitter Melon?

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.

Chinese bitter gourds.

252px-Bittermelonfruit.jpg

Great idea.  I would definitely eat these if I'm quarantined at home.  😁

Just like the Israelites of old when they were 'quarantined' in their homes before their flight from Egypt.

Ex. 12: 8  They must eat the meat on this night. They should roast it over the fire and eat it along with unleavened bread and bitter greens.

7 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Chinese bitter gourds.

252px-Bittermelonfruit.jpg

Great idea.  I would definitely eat these if I'm quarantined at home.  😁

Just like the Israelites of old when they were 'quarantined' in their homes before their flight from Egypt.

Ex. 12: 8  They must eat the meat on this night. They should roast it over the fire and eat it along with unleavened bread and bitter greens.

Just have it as lunch, stir fry with eggs

:bouncing:

Have you seen the video of brothers and sisters singing to older Bethelites locked down at the UK Bethel in Chelmsford ? (The building is grey with green balconies).

Our field service overseer has just sent me the video on my phone. But I don't know how to transfer it, if it's even possible...🙃

Anyhow, they are singing outside and one of the songs is Unfailing love, how appropriate...

I thought I would share that encouragement with all of you...

Agape to all,

Patricia

Edited by Patinage

1 hour ago, Patinage said:

Have you seen the video of brothers and sisters singing to older Bethelites locked down at the UK Bethel in Chelmsford ? (The building is grey with green balconies).

Our field service overseer has just sent me the video on my phone. But I don't know how to transfer it, if it's even possible...🙃

Anyhow, they are singing outside and one of the songs is Unfailing love, how appropriate...

I thought I would share that encouragement with all of you...

Agape to all,

Patricia

That video is posted on the Meetings in areas hit by Coronavirus thread.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/44157-meetings-in-areas-hit-by-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=715789

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm a Yorkshireman, so

- Covid-19

If thy have a sniffle
And tha throat is sore as well
If tha’s finding breathing tricky
And tha muscles ache like hell

Then tha’s likely got Corona
Tha shunt worry reyt enough
Because tha comes from Yorkshire 
And tha’s med o’ better stuff

Keep thissen ’ydrated
Wi’ a pot of Yorkshire tea