JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

Zoom generates the link - as I understand it ... the host can set it to not include the passcode or allow the passcode to be encrypted in the link

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks..I am only joining the Zoom meeting with the congregation by means of a link emailed to me..password is an extra step..
Try 'share' the meeting link as I described above. It may have the pass code imbeded. However, as John pointed out, that feature may have been disabled, therefore it will not be possible.

Old (Downunder) Tone

15 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

How do I pop up a screenshot on my window (where people can see my face) simultaneously without making my face disappear? 

For reference : jwstreaming.org, midweek meeting, Initial call, 7th January) 

Like this?

Screenshot_20220117-171549_Chrome.jpg.1e18ec50603fe0f84697f65222c3415d.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I could use my obs software to do that. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

For me, using obs video tools are used before going to zoom app. 

Yes it is a seperate platform. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

She obviously is using a virtual background, so as an alternative not as smooth in the transition, use the identical background picture and copy what you want to show on top of it and then save it as a new background. Then when you want to show it switch backgrounds, just make sure there are no greens in the picture you want to show and don't forget to switch back to the plain background.

Personally it is too much of an effort to actually have the audience benefit from it, plus in addition it may make others feel intimidated by their lack of knowledge in the digital and virtual world.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

5 hours ago, More4me2do said:

plus in addition it may make others feel intimidated by their lack of knowledge in the digital and virtual world.

I have experienced this with a few demonstrations of the many uses of obs sortware. I just keep it simple for the friends in my congregation. 

It was a historic day for my congregation. We had our first family to assist me(the host) as co hosts for the meeting today.

The cobe and I have discussed how he had witnesses that families in Mississippi were assisting the co host responsibility while he was visiting there. He seen how nice it was implemented there and suggested to the boe that we do something similar due to some of our zoom operator brothers moving away to other congregations.

So today, 1) the cobe (a co host) had an all day ldc meeting to attend, 2) the other zoom co host was reading the wt for today. I let the wt reader know that I wanted him to focus on reading for congregation. Then I recalled what the cobe and I discussed and asked a family ( with a very tech savvy sister whose husband is an elder) to assist in this emergency situation. They gladly accepted and unbeknown to me, they split the mute/unmute and lowering hands responsibility among themselves and all went very nice while I was hosting and the entry attendant. 

All to Jehovah's praise and willing spirit of the large army of sisters!

Edited by AH173

update

The OD book 6:8,9 mentions that ministerial servants are primarily used for congregation assignments. When there are not enough ministerial servants then exemplary baptized brothers are assigned. If there are not enough exemplary brothers then exemplary sisters can be assigned.

Paragraph 8 mentions sound equipment and microphones. The equivalent in Zoom would be screen sharing the media and mute/unmute.

Be careful. When I hear the word "family" it sounds like children could be involved even though I know a husband and wife are a family as well. And I know it takes more technical skills for Zoom so even fewer brothers may be qualified.

47 minutes ago, Floyd said:

When I hear the word "family" it sounds like children could be involved even though I know a husband and wife are a family as well. And I know it takes more technical skills for Zoom so even fewer brothers may be qualified.

My thoughts too.

47 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The OD book 6:8,9 mentions that ministerial servants are primarily used for congregation assignments. When there are not enough ministerial servants then exemplary baptized brothers are assigned. If there are not enough exemplary brothers then exemplary sisters can be assigned.

👌

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

We have three sisters who do the A/V for our Zoom meetings. We had been using the sisters at the Hall for sound before the pandemic started - for several years now.

While they are host/co-host for the meetings and handle A/V - they do not handle the "attendant" job ... which includes admitting ones to meetings from the waiting room, mute/unmute and/or turn cameras off and change/correct names

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...

On Sunday a guest speaker gave a talk and he used OBS Studio to overlay cited scriptures and bullet points onto his zoom screen. I liked this very much as it seems like a less distracting method of displaying text as compared to switching to another screen to display.

1. Its especially useful as we know the cited scripture immediately onscreen without the speaker wasting time repeating the scripture.

2. We also don't need to hurriedly copy the bullet points onto our notes. So we can keep our attention on the talk instead of hurriedly copying the points onto our notes.

I wonder if anyone else uses this method of overlaying text onto the main screen?

11 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

wonder if anyone else uses this method of overlaying text onto the main screen?

I have seen that done with PowerPoint but I haven't done it yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Our CO is new to our circuit last September.  We have had one visit (we were the 3rd congregation he visited).  He uses  OBS to put bullets and pictures up during his talks.  We get hem again in the first week of March.  I will check to see if he still prefers it.  When we had him last time, he had just been transferred from Special Pioneering in the Spanish circuit.  He was supposed to be th4e Spanish CO but they asked him to switch over to us.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help. I'm having a problem with zoom. I can't control breakout rooms even if I'm a co-host. The button for the breakout room doesn't show if im assigned as co-host but it does show if i'm the host. Anybody experienced this problem? My zoom app is in the latest version.

1191963245_Screenshot(158).thumb.png.973edb86db852c93b697d7c771418e43.png

Screenshot (157).png