Meeting/webinar features
 -Polling enhancements for quizzing
 -Presentation slide control
 -Profile photos for in-meeting chat
 -Optional Reclaim Host when rejoining
 -Prevent display name changes when SAML mapped
 -Full availability of Live Transcription
 -Seasonal scenes for Immersive View

I thought I share an update of the problem with Zoom Participants hearing static and popping noise when sharing the songs for the meetings. This was introduced after version 5.6.1.

On the PC that does the screen sharing nothing has changed except Dell PC updates, Win 10 updates and Zoom client updates. In addition nothing has changed on my setup regarding Internet Access.

I now use for participation in the meetings an 11th generation Intel NUC with an i-7 processor and a Win 10 installation and everything is up to date with latest Win 10 and Zoom updates.

Since a few releases ago now it no longer has the static noise or popping sound in the audio when screen sharing the meeting songs. It looks like that Zoom has cleared this up with their releases a few updates ago. Please share if this distraction has also disappeared in your setup or whether it was me switching the meeting participation PC.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

On 10/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, More4me2do said:

I thought I share an update of the problem with Zoom Participants hearing static and popping noise when sharing the songs for the meetings. This was introduced after version 5.6.1.

On the PC that does the screen sharing nothing has changed except Dell PC updates, Win 10 updates and Zoom client updates. In addition nothing has changed on my setup regarding Internet Access.

I now use for participation in the meetings an 11th generation Intel NUC with an i-7 processor and a Win 10 installation and everything is up to date with latest Win 10 and Zoom updates.

Since a few releases ago now it no longer has the static noise or popping sound in the audio when screen sharing the meeting songs. It looks like that Zoom has cleared this up with their releases a few updates ago. Please share if this distraction has also disappeared in your setup or whether it was me switching the meeting participation PC.

Yep seemed to of been gone since 5.8 update for us.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

On 5/19/2021 at 7:40 AM, AH173 said:

I'm glad I've got no use for zoom virtual background because of obs studio. 

Just out of curiosity what benefits are there in using obs rather then plain vanilla green screen and background image in Zoom. Thanks.

No effort = No bananas

On 10/25/2021 at 10:33 AM, More4me2do said:

Thank you for this post!

We started updating our AV team's Zoom programs now one by one, and so far two different machines works perfectly flawlessly so it seems like the issue with the static and popping has indeed been fixed by Zoom now.

Wonder if they fixed it intentionally or unintentionally. 

Never had any issues with zoom before. Then yesterday as cohost I went to join and up popped a message “zoom quit unexpectedly”.

The message popped up three or four times then leaves zoom running and Connected to my account looking normal. 
However if I tap settings or join meeting the message pops up again three or four times before settling again but still back on the main screen. 

I have tried everything out there to fix it. Even reinstalled Windows. My Mac connects perfectly fine using Wi-Fi. Everything else on my pc runs perfectly well including the internet. 
The only thing I have not tried (that I can think of) is change the rendering settings because I can’t open the settings in app. I don’t know if it’s on direct or whatever as I can’t get in. 
I cannot find where these settings are stored to possibly try and manually change them. I have looked through the registry. (That’s when you realise zoom is a terrible name. 😉😊)

Really frustrating and a wasted day yesterday trying everything. 
Im host again tomorrow so am asking if anyone has any ideas. 
Thanks

I got it fixed. I noticed that the crash involved quartz.dll and after a bit of research I found a link with powertoys utilities. Little utilities for windows.
I had shut them down before with no change. I finally uninstalled powertoys (they had a new update during the last week) and zoom worked immediately. 

So that’s that. 

Thanks

Edited by Mykyl

You didn't say what Windows version you are running, however on my Win 7 PC every now and then when as co-host I popped into a breakout room Zoom just died.

Since it was not that much of a handicap I just waited until my new Intel NUC arrived and installed it on Win 10. You may want to delete the directory for Zoom after uninstalling it and try a clean Zoom install again.

Got too late with my reply but glad you got it fixed. Those extra installed can be a PIA.

Edited by More4me2do

No effort = No bananas

• 2 weeks later...

Last night we tried to go on Zoom for the meeting. It took 10 minutes to connect but there was no sound...then a square with a pole that didn't respond, then back to the email link, then to the meeting with sound, then the pole box, then back to the email link and an error message not able to connect..tried several times on T Mobile tablet, then using my phone as a hotspot on my wifi tablet...same scenario..network error..tried the phone..same thing! Never happened before..could it be because of a rock concert not far from us ? 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif