JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

35 minutes ago, bigvince said:

Maybe. I was told that the branch recommends chat be turned off, so the brother who oversees it has it off.

The latest Zoom instructions do have it as an optional setting. It used to be a required, off setting. On my meeting, I have the chat on, Host Only. Only the participant's messages go to the host.

ย 

image.png.a7d8cdc09565a5cabe6760965f419398.png

Chat is also a method that some congregations might use to take attendance.

ย 

From Zoominst, Taking Attendance 19

Use the Chat: The chairman can ask the audience to enter their attendance in the in-meeting chat. The host can limit participants to chat with the host only if desired

ย 

Edited by TylerD

On 7/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, Qapla said:

image.png.3d06a9298196ef7ae246feea18ccd645.png

ย 

image.png.52b92ca3df82ddfcdf83fa9cba0c2274.png

My Windows PC updated like you said.ย  Today my Android phone updated to 5.7.3 also.

But none of my Apple devices (tablets or phones) have done so.ย  Still at 5.7.1

I will keep waiting...๐Ÿ™‚

On 6/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, More4me2do said:

Back on topic about Zoom and Technical matters. Tried today various ways to reduce any crackling or interference. Here are my findings with 140 connections.

ย 

1. I made a change in the audio device driver of the laptop. Since I don't use in Zoom the audio stream, for speakers and mike but rather from the share screen just tick the "Share Computer Audio" and the "Optimize Video" boxes it possibly had to do with the audio driver in the laptop. So I unchecked the box for "Enhance Audio" in the driver.ย 

The result was that it improved it slightly and since the interference only happened at the start of the song it could be that it takes a short time for Zoom to reach the song's 1280x720 resolution and 30fps playback format. It starts at a lower resolution and lower frame rate and this could be the cause for the interference in the opening moments.

ย 

2. I changed the audio to AC3 sampled at 48'000Hz and put it into a MKV container but it made no difference. Still the crackling at the opening moments of the song. Once the lyrics appear it plays without crackling or interference.

ย 

One final test would be to use the internal video player, however I can't seem to get this option to show in the advanced tab of the screen sharing when I am co-host it only appears when being the host.

Can I ask you what you have done for the cracklingย to only be at the start of the song? Ours is intermittently throughout the song.ย 

ย 

I am currently speaking with Zoom about this. Please see below our conversation.

ย 

# Please type your reply above this line #

ย 

ย  ย 
ย 

ย 

d72445bb84f38f0ab032f10acc79c6a5?size=40

Jobelle Padilla [C]ย (Zoom)ย 

Jul 23, 2021, 3:00 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thank you so much for your patience. We will be referring this to our next level of support for further assistance.

If there are any additional questions or details you have, please feel free to reply to this ticket.

Thanks,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

ย 

74683af30663995cd4ced9b9a93dffb9?size=40

Simon Wood

Jul 22, 2021, 23:46 PDTย 

Hi Jobelle,ย 
ย 
Yes we tried using the 5.6 version last night at our meeting but it still didn't fix it. Also one of our co-hosts tried installing the 64 bit version of 5.7 previously about a month ago and that didn't help.
ย 
We haven't attempted to delete our audio drivers and install hd ones yet. Surely we shouldn't all have to do that on each of our computers this is happening to all of us.
ย 
When we tried it yesterday with the 5.6 version we noticed that as more and more people join it is getting worse. It is almost like other devices although they are muted are intermittently echoing or interfering with the song.ย 
ย 
If it is other people's devices interfering with our sharing of music it may be a struggle to isolate the culprits and fix this without everyone being rolled back to previous versions of zoom. Not sure where we can go from here, any advice would be welcome.
ย 
Kind regards
ย 
Simon
ย 

ย 

ย 

Jul 22, 2021, 18:37 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

I hope you are having a good day!

I have sent you an email previously to assist you with your concern. I would like to ask if you have reviewed the solution I have provided in my previous email. Please feel free to reply to this email if you need further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Zoom. Have a great day!

Regards,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Jul 19, 2021, 2:55 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reporting this again and sorry to hear that the issue is persistent.

Can you try downloading version 5.7 in 64-bit?ย 
?name=inline244020679.png

If the issue persists, can you go ahead and install the 5.6 version of Zoom:
https://zoom.us/client/5.6.7.1016/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64.

Another possible solution that we've seen work in the past is to update your Audio drivers or completely remove them such as Realtek drivers and install HD audio.

Hope this helps. If anything arises, please do not hesitate to reach out to us or open a new ticket should you have any other questions.

Best regards and stay safe,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Simon Wood

Jul 19, 2021, 2:04 PDTย 

Hi Jobelle,

ย 

The issue is happening when everyone including the host are muted. There is nobody unmuted for echoing to be the cause.ย The setting is set to mute participants on entry. We never hear anybody singing which you would if their device was unmuted.

ย 

As it happens with 5 different windows pcs it is extremely unlikely that it is a device issue. Honestly we have tried everything.

ย 

If everybody is muted and it is still happening how do we fix this?

ย 

It only happens with music and not when playing a normal video so it is as if Zoom is filtering the audio/music. If it started after a zoom update and used to be fine my suggestion is something has happened with the recent update. It happened in the Keynsham, Bristol congregation that I recently spoke at so this does not seem to be an isolated incident. They also had all devices muted while it happened.

ย 

Is there anyway to roll back to a previous zoom update?

ย 

Kind regards

ย 

Simon

ย 

Getย Outlook for Android

ย 

?name=B22AD007142E4F59BA93641005893885.png

ย 

ย 

Attachment(s)
1F7D67ABCC86408D90166AF18F2D1253.png

ย 

Jul 18, 2021, 22:00 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thank you for providing the recording of the issue.ย 

If you hear audio echo or audio feedback during your meeting, there are 3 possible causes:
ย 
  1. A participant has both the computer and telephone audio active

2. Participants with computer or telephones speakers that are too close to each other

3. Multiple computers with active audio in the same conference room

Generally, it means that there is a device out there that is channeling your audio back.

Here are some tips to isolate the attendee:
ย 
  • Host can mute the attendee one at a time

• Host can mute all, and unmute one at a time

• Attendee can mute him/herself

The source of echo can also be from:
ย 
  • Speakers (such as TV or soundbar) that are too loud

• Echo cancellation has failed (device or performance issue)

• A bad microphone

For additional details and steps please refer to our guide on addressingย Audio Echo In A Meeting.

In addition, please advised participants to enable the original sound on their settings. And make sure that everyone has an updated Zoom version with a stable connection.ย  The original sound allows you to preserve the sound from your microphone without using Zoom's echo cancellation and audio-enhancing features. This is ideal if your microphone or sound equipment has these features built-in and you do not need the additional enhancement.
ย 
  1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. On the Home tab, click the settings button.
  3. Click the Audio tab.
  4. Under the Music and Professional Audio section, check Show in-meeting option to "Enable Original Sound" from the microphone.
  5. (Optional) Check High fidelity music mode.
  6. (Optional) Uncheck Echo cancellation.
  7. (Optional) Check Stereo audio.

For more details, you may visit this article:ย https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Enabling-option-to-preserve-original-sound.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply to this ticket if you have additional questions or concerns.

Stay healthy and safe all the time. Have a good one!

Thank you,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Simon Wood

Jul 18, 2021, 3:57 PDTย 

Dear Jobelle,

ย 

Please find below a link to a short recording of our congregation Zoom meeting while sharing a song this morning. We followed your instructions to the letter.

ย 

ย 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!BK_zokYJhsEkoE90v8b6Yh45_NA4?e=U39i70

ย 

We all hear these pops and crackles, while the one hosting does not. This issue happens with all of our computers. It also happens when we use other media players such as vlc media player.

ย 

You will find little pops and crackles throughout but most notably at:-

0:26

0:34

1:04-1:16

1:48-1:53

ย 

As you can see this sound is pretty terrible and has not been like this until the past 2 months. If you have any issues listening or accessing the file please let me know and I will try to find some other way to share it.

ย 

Many thanksย 

ย 

Simon Wood

ย 

ย 

ย 

Sent fromย Mailย for Windows 10

ย 

ย 

Attachment(s)
0A9EF838E07440A492D1C5DE5DB71005.png
4235BFB9B9C14C11865FAE5C09533531.png

ย 

Jul 17, 2021, 1:36 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your quick response.ย 

Could I ask you to try a couple of steps for me, and let me know what happens? For Windows, please run the CleanZoom application in the attachments, and then restart your computer when it's finished?

Could you ask the host or the user who shared music to please run the CleanZoom application in the attachments, and then restart their computer when it's finished?

Once done restarting please visit this linkย https://zoom.us/support/downloadย this will automatically download the newest version for you.

Please install this version once downloaded.

Once completed, please run a test meeting, share music and see if the issue is fixed. Please get back to me with the results. You can also record it and attached it here, so we can further check it.ย 

Best regards,
Jobelle

ย 

Attachment(s)
CleanZoom.exe

ย 

Simon Wood

Jul 16, 2021, 21:35 PDTย 

Hi Jobella,
ย 
Yes we normally share sound in both of those ways and the little popping and crackle noises still happens.ย 
ย 
Playing videos that don't have music play fine. It's when the video or file being shared is music that the quality is compromised. It's almost like Zoom is processing it before it is played out to others. The one sharing can't hear the bad quality but all the other participants can. If you want to listenย on Sunday morningย you will see what I mean. It has only been happening since 5.7 update. We have tried changing audio settings to see if we can fix it but nothing has worked so far.
ย 
Your help would be much appreciated.
ย 
Regards
ย 
Simon
ย 
Sent from my iPad

On 17 Jul 2021, at 05:20, Jobelle Padilla [C] (Zoom Video Communications) <support@zoomus.zendesk.com> wrote:
ย 

ย 

ย 

Jul 16, 2021, 21:20 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If youโ€™re wanting to share a video with sound or perhaps music directly into the meeting, there are two options for this. One way allows you to add audio to the shared screen feature, while the other allows you to just share audio with no visuals.

To share audio with your shared content, you will want to use the โ€œShare Computer Soundโ€ option. This option is in the bottom-left corner of the Share Screen window, and when enabled will send all computer audio straight into the meeting, including any notification sounds from other sites or applications.
2kChK2YLo3XWZMwjLUpsZ5Dxiu9J2EMpVpefqyuvNXaCFWw5UpjlkMBJ2TukxGzvkV0arfmWZJ5N_yj4-Qe1fQ5FoYyR3wLemhGUTA3L_2rRmXzcghTSLex49EydGH9ZmOdlO_SU

This can also be enabled/disabled while already sharing your screen, but clicking the More option on the toolbar available while sharing, as shown below:
2Pkp1RpMxggeNrYTue5lUhbx-CyRtzGRsitkfDYZ2dKLR8UsO4EV4TWSMZArZ3ldh4Hox0CHPFyAU81FfprzclQp0irpIZja5E30fAb9iLmDSo3d5gUsh8wNZWeIkiCi55yWQ7Wh

Note: if sharing a video, we also recommend enabling the โ€œOptimize Screen Share for Video Clipโ€, which will improve the quality of the video. Just be sure to disable that option once the video is finished, as this will have the opposite effect on normal images and text.

To just share audio with no visuals, open the Share Screen window, then choose the Advanced tab along the top. There you will have the โ€œMusic or Computer Sound onlyโ€ option, which will send any audio from your computer directly into the meeting, including any notification sounds from other sites or applications.
06TmBRdVSElQKtCSIHO_PCsfSyZtZS7dr8mBd0Um5wI-O8f3Ny67zZtr2bjEghDvoEwmFzR--GI7CpsmXsfte9sSJXT8VCuTgC0gS59NhGF1nKkliwCX02tyDlltaoEkrjcj9mvT

I would also advise that you and other participants should check and use a wired connection and close any unnecessary application on your device.ย 

I hope this helps but if you have concerns please do not hesitate to respond so that I can further assist.ย 

Best regards,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Simon Wood

Jul 16, 2021, 13:32 PDTย 

ย 

It happens everyย Thursday Eveningย andย Sunday Morningย when we have our main meeting with 65-75 participants on. It has been happening since update 5.7

ย 

ID *** **** ***

ย 

ย 

ย 

Devices are all PCs using Windows 10:-

ย 

Myself:

Bazooka 550 motherboard

Amd Ryzen 5600x

RTX 3060 graphics card

16GB Ram

ย 

ย 

Another person

HP elitedesk 800 G1

Intel i5-4570

Intel HD4600 graphicsย 

12GB Ram

840evo ssd

ย 

ย 

There are 3 other people using pcs of different specs. We all have the same problem when playing songs. With it crackling or popping slightly when more than 20 people are on and we are playing music. I have been to other congregations who use zoom and they have the same problem as well. Like I said a few months ago before 5.7 this didn't happen.

ย 

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

ย 

Kind regards

ย 

Simon

ย 

ย 
Sent from my iPad

On 10 Jul 2021, at 02:25, Jobelle Padilla [C] (Zoom Video Communications) <support@zoomus.zendesk.com> wrote:
ย 

ย 

ย 

Jul 15, 2021, 21:25 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

I just want to check if you still need assistance regarding this ticket?

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Best regards,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Jul 12, 2021, 21:00 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Good day. Hope all is well on your end

I would like to follow up on the ticket if you are still experiencing this issue. If so, kindly provide the following information. This will help us to check the real issue and provide you with the correct solution based on your concern.

Date and time when the issue happened:
Meeting ID where the issue happened:
Sample Email address of the Host or Co-host:
What device and operating system were the performer used when this issue happened?

If you do have any other questions, inquiries, or issues with the program, please dont hesitate to let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

Jul 9, 2021, 18:25 PDTย 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for contacting Zoom Technical Support! I hope all is well with you.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your users are experiencing audio issues when sharing music. Let me help you with your concern.

For us to provide you with the most accurate support. I would like to ask for some information. This will help us to check the real issue and provide you with the correct solution based on your concern.

Date and time when the issue happened:
Meeting ID where the issue happened:
Sample Email address of the Host or Co-host:
What device and operating system were the performer used when this issue happened?

Once I receive the information needed, I will look into it and assist you further.

Stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Warm regards,
Jobelle

ย 

ย 

93025001a17949d51f845a1b7b5cef10?size=40

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Simon Wood

Jul 9, 2021, 10:42 PDTย 

Hello we are having trouble with our sharing sound on our zoom conference account please let me explain:

We have an organizational account as we are a religious organization (Jehovah's Witnesses). We currently have sound issues when any of the hosts or co-hosts share audio/music and there is above 20 people. It starts to crackle, stutter and pop ever so slightly causing an unprofessional sound.

It has only started to do it since just before 5.7 update. Before then it has been fine.

It also seems to be fine when there is just a couple of people on the meeting but as soon as the numbers increase the sound gets worse and worse. I did follow one advisors advice to open the zoom app go to audio > Music and Professional sound > High Fidelity music mode.

That was all the instructions I got as the connection dropped when I opened the app. Now I have been asked to submit a request so here I am. Your help would be much appreciated. We all run windows 10 and have a mixture of good to medium quality computers but the same thing happens for all hosts and co-hosts.

Many thanks

Simon Wood

Edited by Cool Cat

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

1 hour ago, โž•๐Ÿ‘‡ ๊“ค๊“ฑ๊“ท๊“ ๊“ต๐ŸŽตTone said:

Maybe you could invite him to join a meeting, or get special permission to record you songs during one meeting. Then they could hear the issue...

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png
ย 

I did there is as link to a recording on my one drive on the email sent:-

Jul 18, 2021, 3:57 PDT

ย 

ย 

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

As a little update I have replied to Jobelle as below:-

ย 

Hiya, in addition to the below information we as a group of 5 started to notice "glitchy" audio on our Zoom meetings as early as early May. Around the 6th May we really started to notice it.

ย 

I hope that is useful information for the Zoom team that are looking into this.

ย 

Kind regards

ย 

Simon
ย 

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Jul 2021, at 04:07, simon wood <simonwood@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
ย 

Hi Jobelle,

ย 

I have found out that this issue is happening in many congregations around the world. All over America, Australia, UK etc etc. It seemed to of started happening between 5.6.4 update and 5.6.6 update. One person started mentioning they heard it from just before May 21st. It is exactly the same problem as we have been experiencing. As you may be aware the Jehovah's Witness organisation has 1000s of Zoom accounts so hopefully this can be sorted soon. Hope this information is useful. Many thanks for your persistent help in this matter.

ย 

Kind regards

ย 

Simon
ย 

Sent from my iPad

18 hours ago, Cool Cat said:

Can I ask you what you have done for the cracklingย to only be at the start of the song? Ours is intermittently throughout the song.ย 

ย 

I am currently speaking with Zoom about this. Please see below our conversation.

# Please type your reply above this li

Here is what I have done and some of my guesses and conclusions.

First off we have tried to play the songs from different locations (Co-Hosts) They all have the crackling during the playback, so it is not my device nor my setup or Internet Access.

ย 

I have 100MB up and down and the connection is hardwired. I use none of the Zoom audio connections from the device as a matter of fact the Audio stream is disconnected. I just do screen sharing with the boxes ticked share computer audio and optimized for video. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 which runs ONLY Zoom. No other programs in the background. Processor Intel i7-1065G7 plus 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD drive and a Nvidea GeForce MX330 graphics card. All drivers and windows updates are the latest including the 64bit Zoom client.

ย 

I have tried to change the audio format using AAC, AC3 and PCM as well as different sampling rates 44.1kHz and 48kHz no changes. I tried mp4 and mkv containers again no changes. I play ALL my media using Media Player Classic as it has some very useful keyboard shortcuts. In addition the media played back from the JW Library rarely reaches 20fps while the MPC player reaches between 25 to 30fps.

ย 

I have a personal Zoom license for our FSG, Studies and other occasions and I never noticed any crackling when playing videos with music. However we have never more then 30 connections.

ย 

At our congregation meetings we always have over 120 connections but less then 200. This makes me believe either one of two things could be an additional cause. First the amount of connections and secondly the type of license that the organization has and with that perhaps something at headquarters.

ย 

As far as the crackling is concerned, I have had songs that did not do it, I had songs that only did it at the beginning but the majority are doing it throughout the song but especially when the volume dips. I have not totally ruled out that this could be a problem in the source as it is not a real constant video stream but a constant audio stream, perhaps Zoom doesn't like it. To best of my knowledge I have not noticed it at the Convention Video Preludes and perhaps it is worthwhile trying to play 10 minutes of it and see if it shows the same symptoms.

ย 

I really appreciate you following up on this and there are just a few of us that are getting annoyed about it, the vast majority of friends are a happy with just seeing the songs. I am the person that has to stop a movie or video if the Aspect Ratio is all out of whack, my wife complains about me trying to correct it :lol1:

Edited by More4me2do

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

Just a thought ...ย 

ย 

If you would like to try testing various "solutions" or just test out different connections - you could join the chat I hold most nights at 9PM EDT (I am willing to host one at a different time) and we could take turns sharing music from our systems to see if the problem is the same on all our devices (some of us may not have noticed exactly what "crackling" you are talking about)

ย 

The link to the chats are in this thread

ย 

ย 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

13 hours ago, More4me2do said:

ย 

I have a personal Zoom license for our FSG, Studies and other occasions and I never noticed any crackling when playing videos with music. However we have never more then 30 connections.

ย 

At our congregation meetings we always have over 120 connections but less then 200. This makes me believe either one of two things could be an additional cause. First the amount of connections and secondly the type of license that the organization has and with that perhaps something at headquarters.

ย 

As far as the crackling is concerned, I have had songs that did not do it, I had songs that only did it at the beginning but the majority are doing it throughout the song but especially when the volume dips. I have not totally ruled out that this could be a problem in the source as it is not a real constant video stream but a constant audio stream, perhaps Zoom doesn't like it. To best of my knowledge I have not noticed it at the Convention Video Preludes and perhaps it is worthwhile trying to play 10 minutes of it and see if it shows the same symptoms.

ย 

I really appreciate you following up on this and there are just a few of us that are getting annoyed about it, the vast majority of friends are a happy with just seeing the songs. I am the person that has to stop a movie or video if the Aspect Ratio is all out of whack, my wife complains about me trying to correct it :lol1:

Hey thanks for the info. Have you confirmed that the issue is non existent on a personal account with more than 20 people?

6 hours ago, Cool Cat said:

Hey thanks for the info. Have you confirmed that the issue is non existent on a personal account with more than 20 people?

Did the media this morning and because it is an abbreviated WT we had 70 connections at the start of song 70 and the interference was there, but not as pronounced and I would have not complained if it was at this level. However it got worst during the song once we reached 90. It is a different story why that many are arriving during the song.

ย 

During the concluding song 66 we had 113 connections and the interference was even less pronounced. I am feeling like chasing shadows when comparing the make up of song 70 with 66, song 66 has not the volume and ton variations that song 70 has because song 66 has a more sustained level of violin sound.

ย 

Could not confirm the crackling problem on my personal account with more than 20 but hopefully eventually will.

Edited by More4me2do

No effort = No bananas

Two options that may help:

If you have / need Google Chrome running while sharing Zoom, you can make sure to run Chrome with admin privileges.

1. Right-click on your Chrome desktop shortcut and selectย Properties.
  2. Click on theย Compatibilityย tab.
  3. Underย Settings, selectย Run this program as administrator.run-google-chrome-with-admin-rights

ย 

Also instead of sharing JW Library, shareย usingย the built-in Zoom video player instead by using these steps:

ย 

Sharing and playing a video

Overview

Sharing a video clip in your meeting or webinar is easier than ever with the built-in video player for shared content.

ย 

Video files can be opened within Zoomโ€™s built-in video player and shared, without other participants viewing the playback controls. Sharing your video with the built-in player, instead of as part of a shared screen or application, improves the quality of shared videos, providing a smoother and more stable viewing experience for your viewers.

ย 

This article covers:

Prerequisitesย 

• Zoom desktop client
    • Windows:ย 5.4.3ย or higher
    • macOS:ย 5.4.3ย or higher
  • Processor
    • 4-cores or higher
  • Network Bandwidth
    • At least 1.5Mbps uplink and downlink for full screen HD
  • Supported files
    • MOV or MP4 video file
      Note: Only theย H.264 AVC codec for both mov and mp4 videos is supported.ย 
  • Signed-in to your Zoom accountย 

Sharing your video

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.ย 
  2. Start or join a Zoom meeting.
  3. Clickย Share Screenย share-screen-button-green.pngย located in your meeting controls.
  4. Switch to theย Advancedย tab, and then selectย Videoย Video.png
  5. Navigate to and select the video you wish to share, then clickย Open.ย 
    The video will now open within Zoom and be visible to attendees.ย 

Notes:

• When using this feature,ย Optimize for video clipย is automatically enabled, which is generally recommended for sharing videos but also restricts and downscales the resolution to 1080/720 to provide improved framerate. This can be manually disabled, which will allow for higher resolution, but this should only be used in situations where framerate is less important.
  • You must be signed in to the desktop client to have this option.ย 

Playback controls

While sharing the video, you will have some common playback controls, which are not visible to other meeting participants. The sharer will have the following controls:ย 

• Play/Pause: Start or pause the playback of the video.ย 
  • Elapsed time/total video length: Shows the current elapsed time of video playback, and the total length of the video file.ย 
  • Playback slider: Allows you to skip to other points of the video playback range
  • Volume: Allows you to adjust the volume of the video being shared.ย 
  • Fullscreen: Allows you to make the video full-screen for you and viewers.ย 

Advantages of video share

When using the option to share your desktop or an application, the video resolution is dependent upon CPU usage, screen resolution, graphics card, and OS graphic system capabilities. Additionally, when a video is larger than 1080p, Zoom automatically downgrades the resolution to 1080p (or 720p), in order to optimize the content while minimizing the required bandwidth. Depending on how the video is shared, such as sharing a specific application or sharing only a portion of your screen, it may require additional CPU resources, which can further affect the overall quality of both the video share and the meeting for the user who is sharing.

ย 

*However, when using the video share option, Zoom encodes the video from the file directly and shares it, effectively bypassing some of the limiting factors with standard content sharing. Allowing the Zoom client to handle the encoding and sharing minimizes CPU usage for the participant who is sharing, which allows for higher frame rates and *smoother video playback.

ย 

Last Updated: June 9, 2021

ย 

The step and information above for Zoom are found on this page:

ย 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360051673592-Sharing-and-playing-a-video

Edited by luisenriquereyes

8 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:
Video files can be opened within Zoomโ€™s built-in video player and shared, without other participants viewing the playback controls. Sharing your video with the built-in player, instead of as part of a shared screen or application, improves the quality of shared videos, providing a smoother and more stable viewing experience for your viewers.

Wanted to try this but the built-in video player option does not appear when the meeting is set up according to the organizational instructions and when I am co-host. It does show up under advanced when I am host.

ย 

Any idea why that is?

No effort = No bananas

14 minutes ago, More4me2do said:

Wanted to try this but the built-in video player option does not appear when the meeting is set up according to the organizational instructions and when I am co-host. It does show up under advanced when I am host.

ย 

Any idea why that is?

Please check your settings.ย  I just ran a test as a co-host and was able to share the built-in video player option without problems.

18 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Please check your settings.ย  I just ran a test as a co-host and was able to share the built-in video player option without problems.

Works on my personal account. On Tuesday I will see if it works with the organizational account and settings. Last time I tried it, it didn't give me the option, however since then I have had several updates as well as installing the 64 bit client.

No effort = No bananas

57 minutes ago, More4me2do said:

Works on my personal account. On Tuesday I will see if it works with the organizational account and settings. Last time I tried it, it didn't give me the option, however since then I have had several updates as well as installing the 64 bit client.

I tried and it works with our organizational accountย :thumbsup:

Did the media for the CLM today having the very latest update and here are my observations.

ย 

I used Zoom's internal player and it works in my opinion best for media playback, instant 1280 x 720 resolution at 30fps. Very simple just start the playback and it automatically goes to full screen on the other client devices and the starting and stopping is very easy.

ย 

The 1st song was 141 and I played the entire song 30 minutes before the meeting starts with 7 connections and there was no crackling or other interference. Played the same song 30 minutes later using the same device, playback method and setup but this time we had 103 connections and there was crackling and interference galore. The same was true but not so pronounced for song 37 and 108.

ย 

To me this narrows it down to Zoom and their handling of bandwidth with possible throttling. Just think of it how many congregations on the US East coast will be connected at 7:30pm on a Tuesday night. If Zoom is business orientated then they may set up their operations with extra resources for a time when most businesses are open like 9am to 5pm EST.

ย 

Just still tapping in the dark but it points more and more to Zoom and their way of running things.

No effort = No bananas

With this latest update it seems that when I share a video as a host for congregation meeting, my main zoom screen disappears and only the 2nd monitor screen shows while the shared JW Library video/image is shown on my 3rd monitor. I have looked at the settings and can not see where I can get the previous setting back.

ย 

Oh well, I guess another update will be needed.

"there was Jehovahโ€™s word for him, and it went on to say to him: โ€œWhat is your business here, Eยทlijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: โ€œI have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

19 hours ago, AH173 said:

With this latest update it seems that when I share a video as a host for congregation meeting, my main zoom screen disappears and only the 2nd monitor screen shows while the shared JW Library video/image is shown on my 3rd monitor. I have looked at the settings and can not see where I can get the previous setting back.

ย 

Oh well, I guess another update will be needed.

When I updated the Zoom client my session was on the 1st Monitor when I wanted to play a Video I dragged the player on to the 2nd monitor (extended mode) but when I played it the Zoom controls also moved to the 2nd monitor. Lost all my previous preferences.

ย 

What I did I grabbed the controls dragged them to the 1st monitor and then Zoom remembered the setup. So you may have to start out with your settings and everything ONLY on 1 monitor then add the other monitors and drag the controls/devices or parts on to the monitors where you want them to be that way Zoom will remember your preferred setup.

No effort = No bananas