JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

On 6/14/2021 at 10:21 AM, jwhess said:

I have the "reaction" button turned off and it only shows the "raise hand" option at the bottom of the screen

How do you do that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would assume it's an administrative / congregation account setting. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

24 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I would assume it's an administrative / congregation account setting. 

setting for zoom.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

Next Zoom update is scheduled for Monday (June 21) 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I really do wish, a better portion of their programming time to be spent on making their app internet connection smoother and less faulty, rather than adding features that probably less than 0.001 percent of the population cares about.

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

How do you do that?

It is in settings (like Br. Ashley said)..  Open Zoom.  Click on "settings",  Look at the bottom of the page for "more settings".  Go down the list on the opening page and find "reactions" and turn it off.  The "Raise Hand" is the default setting.

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (21).png

Edited by jwhess

pictures

New feature in the next update !!🤨

Support for gender pronouns 
If enabled by account admins and added to their profile by either the user directly or through SAML mapping, a user’s gender pronouns are displayed in their contact card and as part of their display name in meetings and webinars.

Wow, after my meeting tonight! 

23 hours ago, Qapla said:

image.png.40a0b06af19908fff0cc4f118346dcaf.png

All the released notes for this 5.7.0 (522) update are:

General features
-Support for gender pronouns
-Scheduling privilege and alternative host between linked master/sub accounts
-Authentication profile enhancement: Domain block-list
-Update to ARM version of desktop client
Meeting/webinar features
-Custom video filters
-Request Live Transcription enablement as participant
-Pairing with Zoom Rooms on Zoom desktop client
-NDI live streaming consent
-Hide full transcript panel
-Secure share with window filtering
Meeting features
-Share screen to all Breakout Rooms
Webinar features
-Webinar File Transfer enhancement: file type and panelists restrictions
Chat features
-Improvements to chat sidebar
-Enhanced data privacy notification for chat channels with enhanced chat encryption
Phone features
-Display additional phone numbers in user contact card
-View number of callers waiting in call queue
-Enhancements to invite by phone
-Check connection to Zoom Phone server
-Enhancement to call logs
Resolved Issues
-Resolved an issue regarding a slight delay in virtual background when joining a meeting
-Resolved an issue with the video playback feature and stereo audio in a video
-Resolved an issue for a subset of users regarding presenter view of a shared PowerPoint presentation
-Resolved an issue regarding link preview inconsistencies
-Security enhancements
-Minor Bug fixes

I noticed last night at the MWM that, after getting the latest update, this setting was "off" by default

image.png.c557a0d7672d511853af0a3492a562c0.png

It used to be checked - I had to check it again to be able to see the names and mute status of those on the meeting

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 4/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, AH173 said:

I just PM him about that. 

Hello brother.  Did you ever receive the printed diagrams to show step-by-step procedures?  Since we have few qualified brothers our CO recommended for us to use non baptized publishers to help us with our Zoom meetings.  Most of them are young teens so we want to train them well with the organizations Zoom instructions and any step by step procedures others have created.

17 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Hello brother.  Did you ever receive the printed diagrams to show step-by-step procedures?  Since we have few qualified brothers our CO recommended for us to use non baptized publishers to help us with our Zoom meetings.  Most of them are young teens so we want to train them well with the organizations Zoom instructions and any step by step procedures others have created.

I have never received those documents. 

I have the S-179_E.jwpub and the zoominst_E.jwpub that are available for ms and elders on their secure login. 

25 minutes ago, The German said:

See: zoominst-E 5/20

That document does show some diagrams. My jwpub is 1/2021 revision. 

I'm not sure if that he was referring to though. 

Also, the s-179 does have a checklist at the bottom of the document. 

Edited by AH173

update

For tonight I just played the videos using share screen on "screen 2". Contacted zoom support and they said they would escalate the issue to the "higher support team". This is with zoom 5.7.1 (543) and JW Library version 12.3.120 (98068) both with Windows 10 Pro version 21H1, OS build 19043.1081, Features experience pack 120.2212.3530.0. Checked our other laptop and it is the same after the update. 2 other elders experienced the same thing on their computers after the Zoom update.

1 hour ago, azram said:

For tonight I just played the videos using share screen on "screen 2". Contacted zoom support and they said they would escalate the issue to the "higher support team". This is with zoom 5.7.1 (543) and JW Library version 12.3.120 (98068) both with Windows 10 Pro version 21H1, OS build 19043.1081, Features experience pack 120.2212.3530.0. Checked our other laptop and it is the same after the update. 2 other elders experienced the same thing on their computers after the Zoom update.

Strange... For me it's working as it should, same JW Library and Windows versions.