JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

8 hours ago, azram said:

Using zoom for windows. Once I updated to 5.7.1 (543) It will no longer allow me to select JW Library in a screen share. I can share chrome, VLC, etc but not JW Library.

I've done the update and all is good.

i can share JW library both as a window and using second screen.

Perhaps check your sharing settings in the settings tab on zoom.us

Especially the one under  " meetings (basic)"  >  "disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host".

If this is set to on, apps such as JW library, are no longer available to screen share.

3 hours ago, azram said:

That's strange. I double checked the "disable sharing" option and and it's off.

Perhaps try logging out of the account, set up a free one using a different email address, log in on the new free account, start a meeting and try screen share.

This might help determine if it's a setting somewhere, as AFAIK a different free account will just have the default settings loaded.

The settings used during the meeting will be specific to the account used for that.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, More4me2do said:

No the crackling issue has not been resolved with the latest update.

What helped me with the crackling issue is to uninstall the 32-bit Client version of Zoom and install the 64-bit Client version from here >>>  https://zoom.us/download

image.thumb.png.de65a39cef07775963743692dcc1f010.png

Please note: To be able to install the 64-bit Client your Windows computer needs to be 64-bit.  Also after installing the 64-bit Client version I had to re-configure Zoom again with settings changes I had previously done in the 32-bit version. For example change my language from English to Spanish, select to Use dual monitor, select to Always show meeting controls, and some others.

Edited by luisenriquereyes

I found that adjusting the volume from inside Zoom did not help with the volume that I was sending to Zoom - I had to adjust the System Volume from inside Windows (the icon in the System Tray) making sure is was the "default" sound source that I adjusted.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Zoom is designed with the emphasis being put on the end-user having the primary control over volume.

if its too loud for your publishers they can easily lower the volume on their local device.

there are system setting you can alter from a delivery side - but then you would have to change it again when sharing a different piece of media or casting 

just like the KH and assembly Halls …. we set a normal volume and then if someone has special needs they can use an amplifier or headphones

Couldn't figure this out at all neither in the properties of the file itself nor in the settings any indication of 32 or 64 bit. So I uninstalled Zoom downloaded the 64 bit Installer and then installed it again. We will see on Tuesday how the sound is working.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

19 minutes ago, More4me2do said:

Couldn't figure this out at all neither in the properties of the file itself nor in the settings any indication of 32 or 64 bit. So I uninstalled Zoom downloaded the 64 bit Installer and then installed it again. We will see on Tuesday how the sound is working.

I assume your computer is 64-bit to match?

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I assume your computer is 64-bit to match?

That what it says in the system details 64-bit Operating System. But I thought the question is how can you tell if you have installed Zoom 32-bit or Zoom 64-bit can't tell from the installer.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

10 hours ago, More4me2do said:

That what it says in the system details 64-bit Operating System. But I thought the question is how can you tell if you have installed Zoom 32-bit or Zoom 64-bit can't tell from the installer.

After opening Zoom, right click on the task bar then open Task Manger. Find Zoom. It will indicate if it is 32 bit.

Generating a dump file on Windows – Zoom Help Center

If 64 bit, it will not say

image.png.2183cd2705a247db46dec4b696813814.png

Edited by luisenriquereyes

I checked mine and it reported (32) - I d/l the 64-bit client and ran it - it installed like an update - I checked again and it now shows no numbers behind the name so I guess it is now 64 - all of my settings and virtual backgrounds continued to be the same and work just fine.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~