JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Some background images before Saturday's meeting with OBS and green screen. 

I like the blue one.

How do you have your green screen mounted?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, bigvince said:

After the latest update it turned off cohosts, but now it only allows us to add 1 cohost. ANy ideas?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206330935-Enabling-and-adding-a-co-host?mobile_site=true#:~:text=There is no limitation on,be enabled by Zoom support.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I like the blue one.

How do you have your green screen mounted?

image.thumb.png.3176e83480eba479282ccbc5afbcde36.png

I got this one on a lightning sale at $35.00. It seem that the price went up.

Also, I drape it over my chair to edit it out of the image for zoom.

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, bigvince said:

Thanks, but this setting was changed while the meeting was already started and so it only allows 1. Now it allows none, lol.

Something happened earlier with the organization settings. Co-host and Waiting room settings are now re-enabled and re-locked.

Edited by TylerD

Our visiting speaker today (from the other end of our circuit) used a virtual background for his public talk,  He just moved to a new house this week (boxes and stuff all around), and his wife was sick and in bead.  He had two little girls about 4 and five years old to care for while he was online.

His image was mostly steady but his black chair he was sitting in kept popping in and out of the background.  It looked like his right arm would "grow" a black extension and then disappear.  Once in a while an ear would come into focus and then fade out depending on which direction he looked.

It  was pretty steady and he covered up his living room for the talk.  During the Watchtower Study he turned it off and he and his two girls just sat in chairs.  He was in the back and the sat in two chairs in front of him.  He used a remote control for whatever setup he was using.

I helped my parents set one up. I got some 3/4" pipe and elbows from Home Depot and built a frame, then used a shower curtain with big holes. It's almost perfectly flat now. AT home, I have a bunk bed area behind me and the top is storage, it's in a slide out so I used push pins to hand a curtain. Works well.

On Monday (before applying the recent zoom update) I heard clear audio through my galaxy buds + while being the host. 

My videos were downloaded at 720p. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Tonight during the meeting the songs played just fine ... no noises at all

Since the songs should/could be downloaded onto the local device playing them - there should not be a reason the song (data) would work good one time and not another unless the application playing them is having a problem. It could be that the issue may not be with Zoom or JWL/VLC - it could be bandwidth problems

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, AH173 said:

On Monday (before applying the recent zoom update) I heard clear audio through my galaxy buds + while being the host. 

No issues here to. I also download and play 720p quality (Same galaxy buds+)

Edited by jayrtom

On 5/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, AH173 said:

The host can never hear the problem. Its the audience. New suggestion is 480 when using VideoConference; 720 at the KH.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:04 PM, Qapla said:

Tonight during the meeting the songs played just fine ... no noises at all

Since the songs should/could be downloaded onto the local device playing them - there should not be a reason the song (data) would work good one time and not another unless the application playing them is having a problem. It could be that the issue may not be with Zoom or JWL/VLC - it could be bandwidth problems

All songs have been downloaded locally. All A/V brothers have great bandwidth and we have all had the issue no matter who is sharing the video. Doesn't matter if we switch mono/stereo; via Zoom Video Share or VLC/JWL... So frustrating. None of the friends have complained, but we all can hear it.

Today we had intermittent noise in the replaying of the songs. Cleveland area had some bad weather from yesterday to today. Possibly contributing problems to audio/video degradation. Also some power outages near me for today's meeting. Our scheduled speaker cancelled because of power outages yesterday.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, On the huh said:

I have noticed sound issues the last few meetings.  Songs are worst affected by it, doesn't seem to happen on the other videos.  It could be server side issues.

I've noticed it too, a slight clicking noise when the song is playing. I haven't heard a noise like that since the time the FBI tapped my phone...weird...🤣

58 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Zoom on my Windows 10 PC just updated to version 5.6.7 but I do not see any updates on my Ipad, Iphone or Android device.

Release notes of 5.6.7 (1016)
Meeting/webinar features
-Active Apps Notifier
Resolved Issues
-Security enhancements
-Minor bug fixes