JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

9 minutes ago, Karlo Esteban said:

The button for the breakout room doesn't show if im assigned as co-host but it does show if i'm the host

I think the Zoom setting to allow cohosts to set up breakout rooms has to be changed by the host on the Zoom website.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think the Zoom setting to allow cohosts to set up breakout rooms has to be changed by the host on the Zoom website.

Do you know where can find the setting? I'm going through the settings on zoom but I can't seem to find it. Another info I forgot to share is that, our other co-host in our congregation can control the breakout room with just co-host permission. He's also on the latest version of zoom.

7 hours ago, Karlo Esteban said:

Do you know where can find the setting? I'm going through the settings on zoom but I can't seem to find it. Another info I forgot to share is that, our other co-host in our congregation can control the breakout room with just co-host permission. He's also on the latest version of zoom.

Settings > In meeting (basic):  Co-host has the same permissions as the host; it's standard on a paid account - I don't know about the organizational account

host.png

Edited by pgwenlan

spelling

9 hours ago, Karlo Esteban said:

That is vital information. Sorry, I can't help.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Update: I contacted zoom support. She asked me to make a meeting and make her co-host. I don't know what happened but its working now. I also let our other co-hosts to join the meeting and they all said its also okay on their side now. Weird🤷‍♂️ 

On 2/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, pgwenlan said:

Settings > In meeting (basic):  Co-host has the same permissions as the host; it's standard on a paid account - I don't know about the organizational account

host.png

I checked this, it is on. It is locked to on actually.

20 hours ago, jwhess said:

What device type and operating system do you use?  Is it the same for the other co-host you mentioned?

Mine: Windows 11, 21H2 (OS Biuld 22000.527) I know he's also on windows 11, but I can't be sure of the exact build. The weird thing is, he messaged on our meeting on last Sunday and told me that the breakoutroom button is now gone on his side. All 3 of us co-hosts can't control the breakoutroom during that time. But If the host is transferred to me, the button does show up.

Update: I now know how to recreate the problem. In the past weeks, I used to open our meeting using my phone, then assign myself as co-host. (My Dad is the one incharge of our zoom account, but he's not that good with computers so I assist him) It was fine before, but on Friday Feb 25, thats when I encountered the problem.

When talking on the zoom support earlier, I opened the meeting using my laptop. And when she joined the breakout room button is there. When the meeting is opened in a desktop client, the breakout room feature works but if opened from phone, it doesn't show up.

I contacted zoom support again and they confirm that there is a problem, he already submitted a ticket and said they will check what is causing the issue. 

I got OBS working with Zoom last week.

I just updated zoom to the latest 5.9.6

There was also an OBS Studio update. I now have no camera. It may be just a simple tick box, but as it is now our meeting time, I cannot explore it further just yet. I am out of time.

Please be warned.

Maybe do the updates after the meeting, or well before!

Please let me know what you find....

Old (Downunder) Tone

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I got OBS working with Zoom last week.

I just updated zoom to the latest 5.9.6

There was also an OBS Studio update. I now have no camera. It may be just a simple tick box, but as it is now our meeting time, I cannot explore it further just yet. I am out of time.

Please be warned.

Maybe do the updates after the meeting, or well before!

Please let me know what you find....

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Yes, same with me.  It's on the OBS side - without the update it all works fine.  I'm so glad you highlighted it - I'll be ready for our meeting tonight....

9 hours ago, pgwenlan said:

Yes, same with me.  It's on the OBS side - without the update it all works fine.  I'm so glad you highlighted it - I'll be ready for our meeting tonight....

It's an OBS problem being reported by many users.  Taking it back to version 27.2 solves it.  Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next update!

On 4/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, luisenriquereyes said:

Would love to get any training material. I would then translate them to Spanish.  We have few qualified brothers and only have one ministerial servant.  We may have to train sisters soon to help us. 

I created our own training material for all the diferent software applications we use.  They are in Spanish, but feel free to translate and modify for your needs:

https://bit.ly/CentralSc7591InfoInstGuias

image.thumb.png.f49f71c62cee5371107a2f61d5c96a43.png

Edited by luisenriquereyes

• 2 weeks later...

Most probably know this.
Hope you don't mind the reminder:

The 5.10 update has (on my install) an Avatar feature. This does not appear to be automatically disabled. I stumbled across it during the meeting, and I turned into a mouse. Everyone could see it.

It may be wise to disable this feature if it is felt it would cause disruptions.

Old (Downunder) Tone

ImNotACat.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

The Avatar feature may not be automatically disabled (they are available for use) by default, but you do have to actually select one for it to be used ... just like the "studio effects" and the "video filters"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Oh no, avatars.

I sure hope that the branch zoom account would disable that. I will guess I have to be on the lookout for such things.

Thanks Zoom.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

33 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Oh no, avatars.

I sure hope that the branch zoom account would disable that. I will guess I have to be on the lookout for such things.

Thanks Zoom.

I just opened our congregation meeting and I was able to use an avatar, so it does not appear that the new avatar feature is disabled in the current congregation meeting settings. 🙊

15 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I stumbled across it during the meeting, and I turned into a mouse. Everyone could see it.

That's what you get for playing during the meeting...:lol1:

37 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I just opened our congregation meeting and I was able to use an avatar, so it does not appear that the new avatar feature is disabled in the current congregation meeting settings. 🙊

That's what you get for playing during the meeting...:lol1:

Today's meeting for field service will be interesting once the brothers discover this.  To tell you the personality of our congregation, our service overseer's name is Wade and his wife's name is Terri.  He logged them in a Wade and Terror.  It was weeks before she noticed it.  Our secretary and his wife will occasionally turn on the lipstick and fake eyebrows feature and conveniently be off camera.  So, this avatar thing will be something.