JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Steps to avoid Covid-19 infections

We have many steps reccomended by our members on protecting our health when it comes to this Covid-19. I think it would be a good idea to consolidate these methods, ideas and instructions in one topic. Home remedies, cleaning methods, public information, personal experience all in line with the title all in one thread. We do not need updates on the world wide spread of Covid-19, we have that else where.

Anyone for lemons?

Anyone heading for the hills?

Actual experience with homade hand cleanser?

Anyone care to post?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Maybe I will be first. This morning while planning our next weekly shopping trip we were trying to decide which one store to use. In our area Safeway is closer, has hours for just us elderly. Most of our shopping bags are from Fred Meyer which we usually prefer. Oregon banned plastic a year ago and our bags have been well used. The have been handled by nany people, dropped on the floor at the market, colected spills, etc. Logical to launder them but some have cardboard stiffiners. :idea: 

We save save the $.05 charge for a paper bag, Great! of course that paper bag has only been handled by one or two people in one store, has only been in one grocery cart, which we have previosly wiped down. So our plan? Fresh bags at at 5 cents each is well worth a little more piece of mind.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I’ve been taking a tablespoon of lemon juice for some time, daily. I won’t take the flu shot. 
I just read that vitamin C is at the top of the list of the things one can take to prevent it. There are other things I cannot pronounce. Natural things. i did not know existed. But, “1, was vitamin C.

Our tap water only get to 120 degrees. The first thing that hits my stomach is lemon juice water. I drink that 10 ounces or so. Get another glass of 120 degree water, swish my mouth, then, spit that out. Then, drink the rest. 
So far, so good. 
My fleshly family hardly ever visits us. Seriously. 
Now, they are talking about seeing me. The great grandson who is not yet 2 years of age, being taught to bowl...I tried to tell them about killing Grandma. And grand papa. The DIL is Portuguese, and, um, her family is tight. I know. I know.

Anyway, I flat out told them no company. Unless you want to see me in the resurrection. 
They understood that. 
We have pretty well isolated ourselves, unless we have to go to town. And, then, it is only what is necessary, gloves on, and, come home. 
We do have to go to town. To get my repaired car. I’m stopping on the way to leave a jar of lemon juice at my good friends house. She has finally adjusted. She has something she wants to show me. Through the window. 
I’m picking up fresh eggs that a bible student has been providing for us. They come from from Willow Creek, left in Hoopa, and will be waiting for me in the outside fridge! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I took a bit of time and wiped down all food items in house (because I put some groceries away the day before) along with food cabinets and fridge to start fresh. Now any groceries get wipe down or wash (fruits and vegetables) before putting away. I will keep this routine even when this is over.

Think about how many hands touch the cans, bottles, BACON, etc. before it gets to your home.

I’ve been taking a tablespoon of lemon juice for some time, daily. I won’t take the flu shot. 
I just read that vitamin C is at the top of the list of the things one can take to prevent it. There are other things I cannot pronounce. Natural things. i did not know existed. But, “1, was vitamin C.
Our tap water only get to 120 degrees. The first thing that hits my stomach is lemon juice water. I drink that 10 ounces or so. Get another glass of 120 degree water, swish my mouth, then, spit that out. Then, drink the rest. 
So far, so good. 
My fleshly family hardly ever visits us. Seriously. 
Now, they are talking about seeing me. The great grandson who is not yet 2 years of age, being taught to bowl...I tried to tell them about killing Grandma. And grand papa. The DIL is Portuguese, and, um, her family is tight. I know. I know.
Anyway, I flat out told them no company. Unless you want to see me in the resurrection. 
They understood that. 
We have pretty well isolated ourselves, unless we have to go to town. And, then, it is only what is necessary, gloves on, and, come home. 
We do have to go to town. To get my repaired car. I’m stopping on the way to leave a jar of lemon juice at my good friends house. She has finally adjusted. She has something she wants to show me. Through the window. 
I’m picking up fresh eggs that a bible student has been providing for us. They come from from Willow Creek, left in Hoopa, and will be waiting for me in the outside fridge! 
Does this vitamin C and lemon juice work? Is it proven?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

Does this vitamin C and lemon juice work? Is it proven?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

If it did it would be on official health sites and the government would be saying, wash your hands and take vitamin c and lemon juice. They dont.... Think the clue is there.

But it wont harm anyone as they can help with other things and probably help your immune system. :)

Edited by Mykyl

3 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

If it did it would be on official health sites and the government would be saying, wash your hands and take vitamin c and lemon juice. They dont.... Think the clue is there.

But it wont harm anyone as they can help with other things. :)

It is a home remedy that many feel is effective for a lot of things. Won't hurt and is inexpensive. :)

While many of the home treatments may not do any harm - the "claim they are cures" can be harmful since some will turn to these unproven "cures" and not seek proper medical treatment and/or report their condition to the proper authorities/health care professionals.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

This regiment was actually given to me a few years ago by a naturalist that says "Let food be thy medicine" for my daughter that was catching a lot of colds due to having a blood disorder.  I'm not opposed to traditional medicine but have had some bad episodes with what they prescribed so it's not my first avenue anymore.

I was also told it is good for the entire family if they want to build their immune.  It can be drank warm in winter and on ice in summer. 

NOTE: NO ONE IN MY FAMILY IS ON ANY MEDICATIONS SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DRUG INTERACTIONS:

All 5 people in my household have been taking it daily.  My husband that has been doing food deliveries daily takes a cup with him in the morning and take another before bed.

-1 green tea bag (Organic)

-1/2 tsp Organic Turmeric

-1/2 tsp Organic Ginger

-1/2 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon (sometimes called sweet cinnamon) 

NOTE: Not all cinnamon is the same.  Most the stuff in the store is cassia type and is a cheapy version with no health benefits.

-dash of cayenne pepper (rid you of mucus)

-1/2 tsp of vanilla (for taste)

*1/2 tsp wild desert hone or raw honey (optional we don't use any sweetener)

*she and my other daughter use a vanilla stevia to help with taste so they are not using anything that turns to sugar. 

==== as added support ====

VITAMIN "C"

We take 5g (1 tsp) daily of camu camu powder (it's a natural vitamin c).

Hubby takes (10g) daily since he is going in the public

If I feel something sinister coming on I will usually double my dosage to 10g or more.  Camu camu taste awful.  It can be put in juice, smoothies, etc. to mask it.  However since I'm on a keto diet I don't do sweeten things much so I just take it in a bit of water with a few liquid pure monkfruit drops (which is not mixed with anything else).  I try to gulp it down in 1 swallow as it's very bitter. 

Vitamin C is really powerful and can be increased based on what you are trying work on.  You have to do research on dosages. Too much could cause you to go to the bathroom.  There is plenty of information on dosages and the bathroom effect and how to deal with it.  I can't use traditional vitamin c made in the lab (asorbic acid and ester form) as they are from corn and I have developed allergies to corn.  I've saw that most corn today is gmo variety and I am beginning to believe it as my body knows if I eat things with corn.  Unfortunately today eveything has corn in  some form.  "High fructose corn syrup" is the worst.

===================================================

DISCLAIMER:  This post is just meant for informational purposes I am not prescribing anything.  Use this information at your own risk.  Anyone on traditional medications should consult their physician as herbal things and medications do not mix.  Some who choose to take herbal things and are on medication have been told to take them 3-4 hours after taking any medications.  Again, it's always wise to talk with physician if on medications first.

Edited by lovjahupepl

8 minutes ago, lovjahupepl said:

This regiment was actually given to me a few years ago

COVID-19 did not exist "a few years ago"

18 minutes ago, Qapla said:

While many of the home treatments may not do any harm - the "claim they are cures" can be harmful since some will turn to these unproven "cures" and not seek proper medical treatment and/or report their condition to the proper authorities/health care professionals.

True, but we are soliciting prevention methods not cures.

On the issue of cures I agree whole heartedly. My cousin took the collodial silver cure for his cancer and it did work to a degree. He had clear blue complextion at his funeral.

I exagerate, only the ones who new he was curing his cancer with collodial silver could see the blue.

Just now, Qapla said:

No but the coronavirus did and she is not saying it is a cure, just that is what she is doing to protect her family.

The CDC is saying that SOAP kills virus. Too bad we can't drink soap...oh yeah..coconut oil!! haha!..a word of caution..even swallowing a teaspoon of coconut oil can choke one. Best to fry or bake with it!

Edited by SUNRAY

content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

38 minutes ago, lovjahupepl said:

This regiment was actually given to me a few years ago by a naturalist that says "Let food be thy medicine" for my daughter that was catching a lot of colds due to having a blood disorder.  I'm not opposed to traditional medicine but have had some bad episodes with what they prescribed so it's not my first avenue anymore.

I was also told it is good for the entire family if they want to build their immune.  It can be drank warm in winter and on ice in summer. 

NOTE: NO ONE IN MY FAMILY IS ON ANY MEDICATIONS SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DRUG INTERACTIONS:

All 5 people in my household have been taking it daily.  My husband that has been doing food deliveries daily takes a cup with him in the morning and take another before bed.

-1 green tea bag (Organic)

-1/2 tsp Organic Turmeric

-1/2 tsp Organic Ginger

-1/2 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon (sometimes called sweet cinnamon) 

NOTE: Not all cinnamon is the same.  Most the stuff in the store is cassia type and is a cheapy version with no health benefits.

-dash of cayenne pepper (rid you of mucus)

-1/2 tsp of vanilla (for taste)

*1/2 tsp wild desert hone or raw honey (optional we don't use any sweetener)

*she and my other daughter use a vanilla stevia to help with taste so they are not using anything that turns to sugar. 

==== as added support ====

VITAMIN "C"

We take 5g (1 tsp) daily of camu camu powder (it's a natural vitamin c).

Hubby takes (10g) daily since he is going in the public

If I feel something sinister coming on I will usually double my dosage to 10g or more.  Camu camu taste awful.  It can be put in juice, smoothies, etc. to mask it.  However since I'm on a keto diet I don't do sweeten things much so I just take it in a bit of water with a few liquid pure monkfruit drops (which is not mixed with anything else).  I try to gulp it down in 1 swallow as it's very bitter. 

Vitamin C is really powerful and can be increased based on what you are trying work on.  You have to do research on dosages. Too much could cause you to go to the bathroom.  There is plenty of information on dosages and the bathroom effect and how to deal with it.  I can't use traditional vitamin c made in the lab (asorbic acid and ester form) as they are from corn and I have developed allergies to corn.  I've saw that most corn today is gmo variety and I am beginning to believe it as my body knows if I eat things with corn.  Unfortunately today eveything has corn in  some form.  "High fructose corn syrup" is the worst.

===================================================

DISCLAIMER:  This post is just meant for informational purposes I am not prescribing anything.  Use this information at your own risk.  Anyone on traditional medications should consult their physician as herbal things and medications do not mix.  Some who choose to take herbal things and are on medication have been told to take them 3-4 hours after taking any medications.  Again, it's always wise to talk with physician if on medications first.

That first one. Forget its health benefits. That sounds good enough as a go to drink. Id dump my coffee for that I think. 😉 Yum.:)

Edited by Mykyl

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

The CDC is saying that SOAP kills virus. Too bad we can't drink soap...oh yeah..coconut oil!! haha!

Perhaps if we put the soap where it is needed. Rub the soap in our eyes, nose and mouth, what could be wrong with that? 

Note: consult your physician before using corrosive means.  :)

5 minutes ago, Old said:

Perhaps if we put the soap where it is needed. Rub the soap in our eyes, nose and mouth, what could be wrong with that? 

Note: consult your physician before using corrosive means.  :)

Is that why some moms make children wash their mouth out with soap?😏

cat2_e0.gif

Just now, SUNRAY said:

Is that why some moms make children wash their mouth out with soap?😏

My mother displayed great forsight in that issue.

21 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

The CDC is saying that SOAP kills virus. Too bad we can't drink soap...oh yeah..coconut oil!! haha!..a word of caution..even swallowing a teaspoon of coconut oil can choke one. Best to fry or bake with it!

Screenshot_2020-03-19-18-08-09-1.png

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I hope I do not offend anyone "that is in the medical field" because it is not my intent and I know that you try to do the best you can with the training you have.  So many have benefited from medical surgeries I'm not talking about that here.  However, it bothers me when I seen people say things like this as if "only medical professionals" have all the answers. 

Let's not forget what Psalm 146:3,4 says about not putting our trust in man..

It worries me that we have all been taught to look to "Doctors as gods" recently.  Year ago people only went to them when they were "REALLY" sick and we fared well.  Our moms knew what to give us for colds, etc.  Now a days we are urged to get yearly checkups, almost everyone is on some type of medication.  But it seems that people are sicker than ever so yearly checkups do not seem to be the answer.  Doctors don't know everything.  In fact this account about the woman with the flow of blood in the Bible bothers me a lot because we all know "Jehovah doesn't include anything in the Bible unless it's a lesson for us;

"Mark 5:1-43

The part that sticks out to me is "she didn't get better in fact she was worse".  It says she consulted many physicians.  To me this shows that Doctors/Medical Professionals don't always get it right and that we shouldn't take everything they say as "gospel".   These scriptures also say to me that "there's no cure coming out of this system" Jesus is the only cure and we have to wait.  So, until then all we can do is the best we can to try to stay healthy.  If that means someone wants to leave all there care into someone else's hands (their doctor) no one should attack them for that.  However, if someone wants to rely on a natural remedy, or a naturopathic doctor ( some have had just as much medical training as a traditional doctor) they should be allowed to do so without being called out as if they are doing something wrong.

As for this world we have to be careful what we feed on in the news.  I do not doubt that this pandemic is serious but we live in a world where the news is sensationalized more than ever.  I also think of the article we had years ago;

"Avoid being shaken from your reasoning.  Although it was talking about the media and news about us it does still help to show that media loves to overdo things.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/ws20131215/avoid-shaken-from-reason/

We need to follow the guidelines for this pandemic, we need to do all we can to be safe but we also need to keep our senses and realize that "only Jesus" with Jehovah's approval can fix things.

Edited by lovjahupepl

17 minutes ago, lovjahupepl said:

I hope I do not offend anyone "that is in the medical field" because it is not my intent and I know that you try to do the best you can with the training you have. ...

We need to follow the guidelines for this pandemic, we need to do all we can to be safe but we also need to keep our senses and realize that "only Jesus" with Jehovah's approval can fix things.

Valid points, but what does this have to do with "Steps to prevent Corvid-19"?

Steps to prevent COVID-19

• Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap
  • Use hand sanitizer
  • Keep hands away from face
  • No direct contact with others 
  • Wear nitrile gloves

49 minutes ago, lovjahupepl said:

It worries me that we have all been taught to look to "Doctors as gods" recently.  Year ago people only went to them when they were "REALLY" sick and we fared well.  Our moms knew what to give us for colds, etc.  Now a days we are urged to get yearly checkups, almost everyone is on some type of medication.  But it seems that people are sicker than ever so yearly checkups do not seem to be the answer.  Doctors don't know everything.  In fact this account about the woman with the flow of blood in the Bible bothers me a lot because we all know "Jehovah doesn't include anything in the Bible unless it's a lesson for us;

I hear where you're coming from, but,  people in my family didn't fare very well. My grandfather (on paternal side) died of TB leaving his twin sons aged 6. Going back a quite a few decades most of my males ancestors died in their early fifties due to heart disease. My grandmother (on maternal side) died of TB. My mother grew up in the time of polio when kids who were healthy on Friday were dead on Sunday. There are now treatments that control heart disease, treatments for TB, vaccines for Polio. If my family members lived today they could have used these treatments and their lives wouldn't have ended prematurely. I would be very unwell if not on my way out if I didn't utilise the expertise of the medical community. 

That doesn't mean I haven't had doctors that have been really awful, because I have met them too, probably more than my fair share. 

Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, sends you his greeting, and so does De'mas. 🙂

Edited by Wren