JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Online JW Tours for Our Encouragement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 842 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We have booked a tour of the Louvre for Sunday. The British Museum is impossible to book right now, everything is reserved until July!

We are very much looking forward to it. We have visited both museums in person several times and taken some fascinating tours, but never a Bible tour. :)

Ooooh I'd love to do the British Museum and Lourvre Bible tours when we can get back to the UK and visit London again, and maybe take the London-Paris coach when its back on. Idk what Ferb would have to say on that though :D .
We did the British Museum already, but not the Bible tours. Saw some interesting things.

BmaUygu_ZdWRYpb4nSzhj4Cqr1IHR4V6IVJpENoenMw2i9Pf7iXLaVNdog30a0yLCfIrvDw3REH4dbL0tld_ZRkevbuCOXcBYlo107nf7fA-SFowhQSgjb9qtN6z9nRRkjmmgMH-WolChU0wuiXy-5657WgXGnekx5UcHi4QZYWxSlP97VvW2vNe6GDw82S2IJTPZZW36G6EtDDGUD1OmJ9uWIJOPl4nTzHiKlSIkqZk1T1rNny8NcGWKcmeb5senMOUhMRji8dy0nOgf_VpQk4V39ZLzIvdFDjBClx4O9b0qlYOiBeuOLgcOx03mh2ckY6rcBMYlpUZ48IpdeQ3Kicn3Ysk0crzN7Cd51y45StXptLyD7FGkz7QaAqa9kF3chc3_j7EW3Jcf1-r1_EY8wLOArCxLqfvfRTRxP5o0q8XfNZ2tkLnySx8VN5enTBP_7JnVuD5iIJ__00IoHVaoaQIKVONP9dwB06JoEVAG4lLO0XXmbcoDJj0C8wvXYEQFN99pJYKatIJuZ-ob4aeQnhssOCflBZxa39Yz-rSD2-PJuGahPo_PPBECxs8gEgndxtdzURMzRWGiKxKi1I356xU1N9sl-e3LR73JyZbeTlFXFf6Ic6_A7HohZwg1dcj3pK0o7NxPzaGiRsSGkf-TgrnnOq8XDvyZCZOh76oRRHn1DtmhwpDJfnKAdO4RQ=w932-h699-no

oc9Fs5oG1XAI4JiAQ9eY0RqXeuvC20S091zsrS5weyyWJEp1ASy9O3ATvlmeXCku_TRVhx3bYCtNcjPXy4PYVEauXD99K_cLYj0C_3263dKswTYnpue6RUa9l7B6S0JXVyXyvcN4nd4k1e55b1KMKd5LUbiBvp_3ZNYYOHdrV3mcBheBa6LIwcExpX5Eo_kNrQXnMDApbIGEYJJXfmz_K0wkFANKt-tQZbTXCbAFZ6OvfBPVMSQ9JQXL-SvKFyetrPN6yllQw2ly9kSuO6IkwuoEXDkn7yqKsiQp7RhVhmuDPGioRVUDmdCOPKO8yMPE-ZXci8UIP5nn9JtOhNsJcpY7OeueCL6hjqx-LEMz_3NnudZn_EJGULmxfArzcc2DUOABYLw_PLfdoqinoDDFv9Y3QIk6lkUi0sLxZlB5GhxthA2QEdJpkjfTaezlrbFCjhSHN-BIHrEVYiNoOtu8QWIBJqfvYJ6UFTH8v3sLnVJqJh0AqX8mBQfEVY9ekR_ULQDH0uk2Alc1Lg12xKpsttxNvjLpZjNFiZhGdlnh0jOYmSCNuAamqP00Nl2y5yAxxG-HY9MFuhFnuHMXk-iViIjRQnSv78bHu__qz0GTNGq92BqBlySeSWG_GCTVwDOumMhRSjK0RCmnYXlGaUVGjFu7qHYnSvt6v9yZ9Klt9gaonVyG-KGvErOAcuNUyA=w932-h699-no

A tomb thought to be Shebna's

wxQ68A1bcJZ7hXvq6CrL7pSbWDIf6IejCl5dkDtm-Nwmveh4xTPGzW8SNGzaLhovwMe6sTsj_TNWA9_YkaCl77kVnuY84LQPten5BiJIY1VrfYi3rf79cjrHh4mhkEwpOh9bSkbXdwEr-63oG02klUK3NpgB5aEbkOBR03iozbqNXTZFVft7FsPOsWcNZrbIcv4GfRN__LGAaDYuKmZK31X0_x8AKqZQ97l04v0gsfnKsLEMBqFSSecXdiNGTK9cNh09O1xkt3F5r-D7zP0tEewtT7xAmZArODoXs6LKG9j_gEU768WrcJ_U4ilDA7FQn9hcQUQrVX1RYUQgi3Dw_k3iHScaExWKAA-cFsEW8v37r0IJtddxYocj45W-kojP8pcYqyZtNz8xGsF0YzQfzakUg8OBg5Vod3umf_KCNRdAX6mJ-oZ_xefHgodMLuvLvuwHs9eWQFwxyeYWyhlkvbM1aY3B2w7oTp1rkRWMiD40ndLWwvM--nlIt3n22-rpEXk8-YPhob9-VpXZKqKI4bCprG6j-a8FzqSyFBeAOUxs8ddNON7oTGugBS1a_QxJUjn-bqTzxIcGU2qYG15bi4PQC9GrT6HQkCHguW2wKor0OaXOPH2qwLUyk3Xs5dJvQRE-_3j8DtpOmyIPYjVmxk63qeOO5p-e4LWUps0IiFdUYWGFq1Q08GfZ7UvaPA=w934-h699-no

The seige of Lachish relief in which Sennacherib's face is cut off, probably from a family member after he was disgraces in jerusalem.

DBtc3ZqkvCc-CaKYpa2u8rE5T6wh6hbmYNfDXSPTiQFNabnsIkRIZYNcztD8OYLC9HiMEE7GwgTrxPiTgCfITNEfxjHcPg4HPDzmcsVaFBxsUYkjvSakNkj8x8HZmd-8xbbCWFR9f3K1etiQAMk_WUc1yzwh4fGTzXqe1FmeYGBytDyTyrEvipSbEE83cLRM2hcNcP37Te34U79yxJUfPbBORWH7WxkPxySLemJkxdddL3K-723-A9MEMFC_lo4ZWBoz7Nc_VA3d-qtZRBtxAZfOBRZEFxKppApIn9B44ItXaT355ZAiXPMmpXTvsziJnz5AeSOEcQP3dg2XLFAqLvzRMR7aZV_NdEF0X_xsv55rrS_OH8Itg2FLf9Mwp-kNyqma-0U0NoFdGVQXMkCXksODJ7bB8BApN-uKzXTqCWzrfCrGMu6GkB77qZcikpgsfAi-58VBS1laatVUcwIjvFozm6rqR9nB9MzDR0jTHvSUv2-IlzYGJ4WuDTrkAwgi7U1zdVvVxW1QoyKWwCoJ-MbUt9AEOGqJ_-9xLPPalUo3DKVhv5kAYmRsOwuTktIrTSGGlf1U8mA8qX1mZ-F2iTdy3fl6ITdpzZK3DVJhiKJnoXq5jI0oVj0i_XAJFCJDyYevmafa2MVNPtSbjG0ttLU4Tk-9AmGUE9_Tkg1RGFqxu_7AXD-V4XSDDfvOPA=w525-h699-no

The doors to Ninevah that Jonah might have had to pass to enter the city.
And so many other things from all 7 major world powers. London was fun!

53 minutes ago, Katty said:

Ooooh I'd love to do the British Museum and Lourvre Bible tours when we can get back to the UK and visit London again, and maybe take the London-Paris coach when its back on. Idk what Ferb would have to say on that though :D .
We did the British Museum already, but not the Bible tours. Saw some interesting things.

BmaUygu_ZdWRYpb4nSzhj4Cqr1IHR4V6IVJpENoenMw2i9Pf7iXLaVNdog30a0yLCfIrvDw3REH4dbL0tld_ZRkevbuCOXcBYlo107nf7fA-SFowhQSgjb9qtN6z9nRRkjmmgMH-WolChU0wuiXy-5657WgXGnekx5UcHi4QZYWxSlP97VvW2vNe6GDw82S2IJTPZZW36G6EtDDGUD1OmJ9uWIJOPl4nTzHiKlSIkqZk1T1rNny8NcGWKcmeb5senMOUhMRji8dy0nOgf_VpQk4V39ZLzIvdFDjBClx4O9b0qlYOiBeuOLgcOx03mh2ckY6rcBMYlpUZ48IpdeQ3Kicn3Ysk0crzN7Cd51y45StXptLyD7FGkz7QaAqa9kF3chc3_j7EW3Jcf1-r1_EY8wLOArCxLqfvfRTRxP5o0q8XfNZ2tkLnySx8VN5enTBP_7JnVuD5iIJ__00IoHVaoaQIKVONP9dwB06JoEVAG4lLO0XXmbcoDJj0C8wvXYEQFN99pJYKatIJuZ-ob4aeQnhssOCflBZxa39Yz-rSD2-PJuGahPo_PPBECxs8gEgndxtdzURMzRWGiKxKi1I356xU1N9sl-e3LR73JyZbeTlFXFf6Ic6_A7HohZwg1dcj3pK0o7NxPzaGiRsSGkf-TgrnnOq8XDvyZCZOh76oRRHn1DtmhwpDJfnKAdO4RQ=w932-h699-no

oc9Fs5oG1XAI4JiAQ9eY0RqXeuvC20S091zsrS5weyyWJEp1ASy9O3ATvlmeXCku_TRVhx3bYCtNcjPXy4PYVEauXD99K_cLYj0C_3263dKswTYnpue6RUa9l7B6S0JXVyXyvcN4nd4k1e55b1KMKd5LUbiBvp_3ZNYYOHdrV3mcBheBa6LIwcExpX5Eo_kNrQXnMDApbIGEYJJXfmz_K0wkFANKt-tQZbTXCbAFZ6OvfBPVMSQ9JQXL-SvKFyetrPN6yllQw2ly9kSuO6IkwuoEXDkn7yqKsiQp7RhVhmuDPGioRVUDmdCOPKO8yMPE-ZXci8UIP5nn9JtOhNsJcpY7OeueCL6hjqx-LEMz_3NnudZn_EJGULmxfArzcc2DUOABYLw_PLfdoqinoDDFv9Y3QIk6lkUi0sLxZlB5GhxthA2QEdJpkjfTaezlrbFCjhSHN-BIHrEVYiNoOtu8QWIBJqfvYJ6UFTH8v3sLnVJqJh0AqX8mBQfEVY9ekR_ULQDH0uk2Alc1Lg12xKpsttxNvjLpZjNFiZhGdlnh0jOYmSCNuAamqP00Nl2y5yAxxG-HY9MFuhFnuHMXk-iViIjRQnSv78bHu__qz0GTNGq92BqBlySeSWG_GCTVwDOumMhRSjK0RCmnYXlGaUVGjFu7qHYnSvt6v9yZ9Klt9gaonVyG-KGvErOAcuNUyA=w932-h699-no

A tomb thought to be Shebna's

This piece was part of our tour.  The scripture referenced was Isaiah 22:15,16. The brother spoke of the name Shebna, possibly Shebaniah, which means Jehovah restores.  Then we discussed the Lacish Letters which showed how much using Jehovah’s name was a part of daily life.  It was used in greetings, social pleasantries, and encouragement.  Then superstition crept in and Jehovah’s name wasn’t used so freely.  
Appendix A-4 was referenced regarding the pronunciation of Jehovah’s name.  

1 hour ago, carlos said:

We have booked a tour of the Louvre for Sunday. The British Museum is impossible to book right now, everything is reserved until July!

We are very much looking forward to it. We have visited both museums in person several times and taken some fascinating tours, but never a Bible tour. :)

We are doing British Museum tonight, excited.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

If anyone wants to look round the British Museum without any tours, we found the following exhibits of Biblical interest:

The Tomb of Shebna (as mentioned above - the room it's in contains the section devoted to the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah, although most of the exhibits are too small to read online)

The Gates of Nineveh (though you can get a better idea of the scale of them from the picture of Katty standing outside them)

The Siege of Lachish - especially the bit where Sennacherib's face has been gouged out because of the shame he brought on his family after his defeat at Jerusalem.

Navigating round the museum can be a bit frustrating though - it's particularly tricky moving through doors!

There's some good videos on You Tube about the Pergamum Museum in Berlin where the Ishtar Gate & the Walls of Babylon can be seen 

But you can't beat a guided Bible Tour of these museums it really brings the Bible to life

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

2 hours ago, Hanah45 said:

This piece was part of our tour.  The scripture referenced was Isaiah 22:15,16. The brother spoke of the name Shebna, possibly Shebaniah, which means Jehovah restores.  Then we discussed the Lacish Letters which showed how much using Jehovah’s name was a part of daily life.  It was used in greetings, social pleasantries, and encouragement.  Then superstition crept in and Jehovah’s name wasn’t used so freely.  
Appendix A-4 was referenced regarding the pronunciation of Jehovah’s name.  

That's really interesting.

16 minutes ago, carlos said:

Ferb, now that we've seen your picture, you look a lot as your avatar. :lol: Except for the green hair! :lol:

Lol, similar personality too. Quiet and nerdy 🥰

We had the Louvre tour for tomorrow but changed it for next Friday so that it can be in Spanish. I'm really looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It was good, but not wonderful. 

I'm sorry you did not enjoy it that much, Greg. I guess every guide has a different style, and also they have better and worse days. I saw some fascinating stuff in the British Museum, but was never able to take one of those Bible tours.

At least you can't complain about the price. :lol:

Edited by carlos

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Museum, but was never able to take one of those Bible tours.

I took physical tour while in London, way before Covid, it was truly wonderful and memorable. 

In my books, in virtual tour script wasn't developed up to scratch. (can be improved much more) 

But hey, wasn't bad, still good experience. (tu)

Where do you book Louvre tour? 

1-UK3 012.JPG

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Every permanent gallery at the British Museum is entirely free to visit.

This includes exhibition areas covering art, culture and other subjects from Africa, the Americas, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece/Rome, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Where do you book Louvre tour? 

https://bibletourlouvre1.com/tour/virtualtours-babylon/

Macy’s tour is similar in format to the BM, an artifact is shown, a scripture is read, then she discusses the significance.  Macy is more of a creative person and has more of a sense of humor, but it is similar to the BM.  

Edited by Hanah45

Premature entry

Is anyone familiar with these tours?

https://museumbibletours.com/vtours/

These look interesting, apparently experienced brothers/sisters give these "virtual tours".

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

42 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Is anyone familiar with these tours?

https://museumbibletours.com/vtours/

These look interesting, apparently experienced brothers/sisters give these "virtual tours".

Yesterday I took their “wheat and the weeds” tour,  today I am taking “Rome in bible history” tour.  So far it has been a good tour, a little more intellectual and dry, but good information. The tour guide was a Croatian brother who was a former substitute CO and special pioneer. I would recommend. 

On 5/10/2020 at 7:51 AM, Hanah45 said:

Macy’s tour is similar in format to the BM, an artifact is shown, a scripture is read, then she discusses the significance.  Macy is more of a creative person and has more of a sense of humor, but it is similar to the BM.  

I booked a tour with Macy, but since I asked if Spanish was available, another sister who works with her contacted me. We have changed the date to next Friday. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm looking at the available tours now and its booked up all through June! 😭

I came originally to the forums tonight to find out if anyone knows about a script of some kind for the Woman and the Seed tour at the Met. We took it last spring and I've been wondering where I can get my hands on all those facts, dates and info without starting from scratch with research.

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I received a text from a friend this afternoon regarding an online EGYPTIAN tour for this Saturday morning.  She requested that I forward it to anyone who might be interested.  :)

- - - - - - - -

Hello my dear sister.... A dear sister I know shared this amazing schedule tour. It will be 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning because it is coming directly from Egypt. 🙂

Good morning! I got this yesterday if any of you are interested.

*Egypt Tour and Presentation*
*Saturday 16th May 2020 at 6pm IST*

Join in for an exciting and interactive tour of Egypt presented by Brother Neil Bevan on the following themes:

The Customs from Christendom: Their Egyptian Origins
Exodus 9:16 Jehovah’s Name to be Declared in all the Earth

Zoom Meeting Link: https://jworg.zoom.us/j/91110866193

Meeting ID: 911 1086 6193
Password: 033625

Please feel free to invite anyone else who may benefit from this tour.

Please note 6pm IST (India Standard Time) is 8:30am (EST) our time.

We had the Louvre tour this afternoon in Spanish. I found it rather impressive.

It was focused on Mesopotamia: Babylonia, Assyria, Elam, Ur... Our guide was a bit nervous because it was her first Zoom tour, but it went great and she did a wonderful job.

I think the aspect we appreciated the most was when she compared pictures from our publications with archeological objects and engravings. You realize then what an indepth research went into those paintings. For example, the Assyrian king Sennacherib in the Ezekiah movie is dressed exactly as in the depictions of that king in Assyrian engravings, including the shape of his cap, his clothes, his earrings, everything! Or the hall throne at Susan where queen Esther came in to speak with Ahasuerus: It looks in the pictures exactly as in the walls preserved at the Louvre.

I really recommend this tour.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:51 AM, Hanah45 said:

Hi Sandra, I'm having trouble selecting the category "Louve Biblical Tours." The online system will not allow me to go further until I "select tour ".  But it gives no options and final booking is not working. Am I doing something incorrectly? :(