JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Online JW Tours for Our Encouragement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 829 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, halfspanishlee said:

The British museum in link with bible tours is offering free online tours over zoom it's the bible highlights tour it's for a hour and you will also get to spend time with other bros and sisters you can book online and you only pay £1.50 admin fee

43 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Thank you very much!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I've sent them an email and asked if my field service group would be interested in this service. It seems it reminds me of my tour that I organized in NY Oasis Tours around a Bethel Tour in 2011.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Thank you very much for this info, Lee and for the link, Chris.  Way back in 1998 I did a physical tour of the British Museum with the Pioneers.  It was very good and informative.  I think this one might be very enjoyable too.  

Off to book. Maybe I'll see you there. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

14 minutes ago, Rose Flower said:

Can someone please tell me how I would pay for this as I am in the United States and I do not have British money.  Thanks

Hi Gloria, 

You can purchase with your Credit Card, it should automatically convert it.

I had no problems. For example, for 1 ticket the receipt will show GB £1.50.

But your credit card records will show the conversion of US $1.88 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

18 minutes ago, Rose Flower said:

Can someone please tell me how I would pay for this as I am in the United States and I do not have British money.  Thanks

A google search will help.

image.png.570427426bc00d710d3c84fc766ea4f0.png

• 3 weeks later...

https://bibletourlouvre1.com/tour/virtualtours-babylon/

virtual louvre bible tour – babylon the great begins

Prices from 5 €

Excellent for your first time to the Louvre, this tour gives you a general overview of most of the major world powers. Starting off in ancient Mesopotamia we explore through most of the world powers: Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Rome and Greece.

We will also finish at the Mona Lisa in the very end. (cause what’s a visit to the Louvre without seeing the great lady?)

What a treat! Jehovah is spreading a sumptuous banquet for everyone in shelter. A Panorama of bible events in your own living room. 

“For you are great and are doing wondrous things; you are God, you alone. Instruct me, O Jehovah, about your way. I shall walk in your truth. Unify my heart to fear your name.”—Ps. 86:10, 11

@Hanah45 Sister Sandra, thanks for sharing. Nothing compared to a real tour but little 🐕 🐩are quite happy to eat the crumbs that fall from the masters' table. 

Oh, there's more.

Hear David’s petition as he pours out his heart to the great God who is worthy of all praise: “For you, O Jehovah, are good and ready to forgive, and the loving-kindness to all those calling upon you is abundant. In the day of my distress I will call upon you, for you will answer me. I laud you, O Jehovah my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify your name to time indefinite, for your loving-kindness is great toward me. . . . You, O Jehovah, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and trueness. . . . For you yourself, O Jehovah, have helped me and comforted me.”—Ps. 86:5, 7, 12-17.

Undeserved loving kindness overflowing from Our Master's table and it's free for all who walk in His name forever. 

We just finished the British Museum tour, it was at 7 AM PST.  Phil was our guide. It was wonderful.  There were 2 points that I especially appreciated.

The Israelites were enslaved to the Egyptians who had 3300+ gods.  Each plague was designed to show Jehovah God’s  superiority over the Egyptian gods. The final plague was against Amun Ra, a sheep god. Imagine how the Israelites were hated by the Egyptians at this point. All those plagues making life hard and proving their gods and way of life were inferior to the the enslaved lowly Israelites. Now Jehovah directs them to put sheep(ram) blood, their main God, on their doorpost, right in the Egyptian’s faces.  

As Jehovah’s angel passed over each house, couldn’t  he tell which house was an Israelite and which was Egyptian?  Of course he could, he was an angel.  The blood was an opportunity for the Israelite to demonstrate their faith, trust, and confidence in Jehovah. This was a very public display and took courage.   The brother likened it to the courage we may need in the future when we express the upcoming “hailstone message”.  

Many other points, take the tour if you can.   I must go and study deeper. 😃

Edited by Hanah45

Clarification

I did the virtual tour of the Louvre Museum this afternoon & it was very good.

She showed us the little Teraphim statues like the ones that Rebekah took from Laban's house that we've just read about. There were lots of faith strengthening gems using the Bible. 

I found the references to Queen Esther at the Palace of Shushan particularly interesting too.

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁