JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Online JW Tours for Our Encouragement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 842 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

57 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I just did this tour on Bible Highlights from British Museum last night. Brilliant!

https://bible-tours.rezgo.com/details/233339/online-bible-highlights-tour

@EccentricM was this the same tour, with Bro Phil Osbourne?

I can't remember his name, but I just recall the brother was bald (lol), and the focus was on Egyptian stuff. We had quite a few attend, from various countries. I spoke at the end with a couple of others, I was in a brown shirt.

Edited by EccentricM

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I can't remember his name, but I just recall the brother was bald (lol), and the focus was on Egyptian stuff. We had quite a few attend, from various countries. I spoke at the end with a couple of others, I was in a brown shirt.

Was it the 11am one? I think we were in the same one!

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

2pm, my time at least.

I did the earlier one, same tour I think. Was very good. 

All the tours I booked and were rescheduled fall this week. Tomorrow at 6am I’m going on a Bible tour through Berlin by bicycle! Then Friday finally going to enjoy the British Natural museum Creations zoom tour. Finally!

As well as British Museum tours, I would like to recommend this one from Berlin

https://www.jwhistorytour.org/index.html

The brother bicycles through Berlin and points our the history of the witnesses, from very early days through both wars and onto the Communist era. Fascinating journey. I was up early for this tour. Brought to life many of the things I saw when I went to Berlin a few years ago.

Other tours are the Sachsenhausen concentration camp, and Death March, if you are interested in first hand accounts.

His research is from the 1974 Year book.  

I have some tickets to the British Museum tours.  In English  along with their regular “Bible Highlights” tour, they have a new tour, “The Truth That Sets You Free”.  Also now you get a ticket per connection instead of per person. The cost is 3 GBP per connection.   Here is what I have available:

October 10 at 3 PM ( Uk time)
The truth will set you free

October 5 at 4 PM  ( UK time) 
Bible Highlights

If you are interested please PM me. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JW2017 said:

I attended the Bible High Lights Virtual Tour Tuesday.  I loved it!

We are scheduled to attend part 2 of that your the end of this month.👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have attended a few virtual tours lately, but they were very crowded, with many hundreds of connections, image and audio would freeze intermittently, and from time to time some friend appeared on screen to greet someone or forgot to silence their mics. So I decided to stay away from free tours.

But a friend convinced me to attend a tour today and we were genuinely impressed. It was a tour in Spanish but they also have them in English and Portuguese. They can be booked at www.myvirtualbibletour.com or www.misgirasbiblicas.com.

The one we took was about Abraham, although actually it was more about the interaction between Egypt and Jehovah's servants from Abraham to the Exodus. Our guide, José Fernando, was really knowledgeable and extremely well prepared. He used lots of very attractive images, almost all from our publications, and showed several archeological artifacts from different museums. All the time he was highlighting how accurate our pictures are, since the elements in the pictures were identical with the artifacts. He also disclosed a lot of fascinating details not mentioned in Genesis or Exodus but found in Acts or in Paul's letters. I think we all learned many new details. His exposition was very lively and easy to listen to. It lasted a bit over one hour and a half but it went by so quickly.

There were over 900 connections but our guide handled them very well. Once the tour began, everyone was silenced so there were no distractions. He asked several questions using Zoom polls, then would share with us the results of the poll and then read the right answer from the Bible. My wife was very excited that we got most of the answers correct. :) The tour is completely free. At the end José Fernando shared his email in case we want to ask any questions or send a suggestion, and he also mentioned we can send a donation by Paypal if we wish.

If you speak Spanish, I heartily recommend that virtual tour, by far the best one I have had. This same brother has another tour about the fall of Babylon that we are planning to book as soon as possible. And there are others by different brothers about the apostle Paul and the history of the Bible.

We are booked on Sunday for the bible highlights tour, the wife and kids had a similar real tour a few years ago (i had already booked a week climbing mountains in the Lake District so could not go to London 😇)

I still ended up being divinely punished for missing the British Museum and Bethel visit by after doing an eight hour hike up a mountain i got back to my car and less than 5 minutes later getting a puncture in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal and then after failing to fix my tyre i had a 4 mile walk to the nearest pub to phone the AA (NOT ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS !) who took 3 hours to reach me and then i had a patience testing drive out of the valley as it was now so late sheep had decided the road was now their bed for the night 😕

Lesson learned....Do not miss the Bethel and British museum Tour ! 😪

• 3 months later...

Yesterday evening I zoomed in to watch the 2019 St. Louis International Evening Gathering and it was very enjoyable to watch from beginning to end. I had tears in my eyes (and tears that I could see in the audience) when a local sister sang with such emotion one of our beautiful kingdom songs: Jehovah is Your Name!  (This was just the "shot in the arm" I needed!)

I'll be privileged to see the 2019 Atlanta and Houston evening gatherings, respectively, in the coming weeks thanks to a dear sister. 

Additionally, I'll be zooming in on two tours this month and next month. :)

The first one is the story of the Rwandan Genocide, as told by one of our Rwandan brothers who escaped the genocide. (I hear that it’s a faith-strengthening presentation that proves Jehovah is faithful.)

The second tour is called: Faithful Women, Beloved and Blessed.  I'm looking forward to these as well.

Jehovah, indeed, is the Hearer of prayers!

Edited by Omoyeme

From one Sandra to another, Jehovah IS the Hearer of Prayer,  Amen to that.  We know this to be true, but when we have those moments when we fully experience that from Jehovah, it is so faith strengthening and heart warming. 
If you are able to share the Rwanda tour details, I would appreciate it.  Even if you just share your notes. 😁

MOD Request: Can we please rename this thread to be all-inclusive of zoom tours and presentations among the worldwide brotherhood?  There are several other tours mentioned in this thread apart from the British Museum and I'll be posting another one soon. :)

Topic Suggestions:

- British Museum and Other Tours?

- Worldwide Museum and Zoom Presentations Tours

- Worldwide Tours for Our Encouragement 

Thank you.

Edited by Omoyeme

21 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

MOD Request: Can we please rename this thread to be all-inclusive of zoom tours and presentations among the worldwide brotherhood?  There are several other tours mentioned in this thread apart from the British Museum and I'll be posting another one soon.

Good suggestion! The topic title was changed to something more inclusive. :thumbsup:

Just attended the zoom museum tour of divine victory by jwtrips. Was an excellent tour!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These virtual tours tell the history of brave men and women in Europe during the WWI, WWII, the Cold War and the time in between: https://www.historyofjw.tours/.  Here you can find a suitable tour, language, date and time for the following tours:

•    The History of Jehovah's Witnesses in Germany
•    Sachsenhausen Concentration camp 
•    Surviving the Death March (1945)

• 8 months later...