JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2020 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1433 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Feature Bible Drama Trailer: Nehemiah: “The Joy of Jehovah Is Your Stronghold

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/8b/jwb_E_202005_12_r720P.mp4

2020 Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses: “Always Rejoice”!

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/04/jwb_E_202005_05_r720P.mp4

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh my! We're getting treated to some new music in this topic! What an inside scoop! (Although it's not a scoop if it's public already...)

While we're on the subject of music, the new song in this month's broadcast is definitely not Disney. But it's good, and has more of a beat to it. Although Brother Lett didn't announce the title of the song at the beginning of it, we'll assume it's going to be called Just Like a Child.

266580085_JustLikeaChild(WS).thumb.jpg.d96cb9ff9ac950e4ba65d9acf370b036.jpg

Yes, I was just going to mention that. The unofficial mp3 version is included in my collection of songs. Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing your collection, what a beautiful song. 

14 hours ago, Adam! said:

Without being controversial, I need to ask 

Who are these sensitive parents out there? We can't live in La la land all the time!

I know a sister baptized at the convention with the Hezekiah video. She’s in her 50’s and almost left during that video. To her it was very violent and she never watches stuff like that. 
I have a hard time under how people get through life like that. I mean even the news is more violent than our videos!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I like that part about the deep south of USA. I was told friends were risking each other lives just being together in multi color situations. What is sad some left the truth because brothers  left the truth because friend were trying to obey the Jim Crow Law. The marching move was deeply involved with religion and politics too.

23 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What is sad some left the truth because brothers  left the truth because friend were trying to obey the Jim Crow Law

And some left the truth because of not being apart of the political /social movement. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

10 hours ago, BLEmom said:

have a hard time under how people get through life like that. I mean even the news is more violent than our videos!

I know! Avoiding facing the realities of life by hiding behind sensitivities shows immaturity and denial. No one wants to glorify the violent and awful things of this world. But you can’t deny it happens, and it happened in the past in Bible times too. That’s why it’s in the Bible - to teach us what to avoid, and so we have no illusion how badly we need the new world, especially when others suffer so much in Satan’s world.

14 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I like that part about the deep south of USA. I was told friends were risking each other lives just being together in multi color situations. What is sad some left the truth because brothers  left the truth because friend were trying to obey the Jim Crow Law. The marching move was deeply involved with religion and politics too.

We had a similar thing in North Queensland, Australia.  

We had the ANI (Aboginial 'n' Islandia') group. The ANI had their own public talk and Watchtower. But for the midweek meeting they had a the first half of the meeting in the second school and the second half of the meeting they were with us in the main hall. Plus they had their own witnessing group and different territory maps.

The ANI group was stopped round about 2012 or so.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, Adam! said:

Without being controversial, I need to ask 

Who are these sensitive parents out there? We can't live in La la land all the time!

I was gonna mention this myself. I was quite surprised to hear people were sending in such complaints to the GB, to think that there are such people "that" sensitive out there. But the thing is, we can't 100% shield ourselves or children from the realilty of the world where we live, it only serves to create mental weakness. (In fact such a mentality is what causes some brothers and sisters to roll over when they get attacked or someone attempts rape, because they don't have that "rightful and just" fighting spirit to fend off someone who means them harm, as they even view self defence as "wrong").

Now we don't want to go the other way and see violence as normal or just what people do and being unphased by it, or even "seeking it out", but we have to "understand it" and at times face it, and I thought it was great how that was explained so well in the broadcast.

I mean you see more violence in the street when a cat pounces on a bird than what is portrayed in the dramas, or in children's cartoons. Jehovah is not opposed to violence that is "appropriate", but rather the "love" of violence or the unjust use of it. Jehovah is called a "manly person of war", which implies in some cases there is a sense of "honour" in violent acts where evil is brought to justice.

It's understanding the difference between right and wrong violence, in effect if one goes too far to close their eyes to it, they will not gain that wisdom or maturity to discern such. Now of course people don't like to see people being blown away or chopped up, and we "shouldn't enjoy" that aspect of violence that breeds bloodlust, but that is not what is being shown in this context or promoted.

Edited by EccentricM