JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2020 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1433 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Plus I think that Jehovah hates imperfect, unrighteous violence. In the past Jehovah's people had their wars, with his blessing.
Jehovah isnt a pacifist. He has the right to fight wars.
I think it is very important to see that point clearly, even to our children.

What the GB depicts in our videos is not imperfect, unrighteous violence for entertainment. Those are lessons drawn from what actually happened and it had to do with Jehovah's Sovereignty.

We don't want to put our standards above Jehovah's. Even when it comes to this, we need to understand why Jehovah wrote it down for us.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

On 5/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, BLEmom said:

Who are these sensitive parents out there?

I was also surprised about the complaints, but I think it could probably be parents of very young children. Around maybe aged 6 and under? Most little children, but not all, might be scared about the loud noises, and serious musical overtones and don't understand that's it's only a movie. Although I remember a very young boy sitting in front of us during the Hezekiah film, with his mouth open and leaning forward enjoying the film. He seemed no older than 5. Whereas other kids might be more sensitive to such things. But no, it's definitely not reason to water down what happened during Bible events, as bro.Lett said.

I personally appreciate getting a sense of being there in Bible times "live" so to speak. Bringing the characters and stories to life. My daughter does, too, but she is older and can process those things. When she was younger, we had to take her out. Those unhappy parents can do the same. It's like those with food sensitives even against the smell of certain foods. Those sensitive to certain foods can't expect that persons at an assembly not to pack a peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch for eg., then begin trying to warn everyone or getting angry at someone who does have it. It would just be best for their interests to eat outside away from the smells.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

BTW.. Honestly I understood a mother of two young doughters. Ages 2 and 6..
When they watched the Wife of Lot movie at the convention, she didn't wanted her very young children to see how Gloria transformed into a monster of salt..
I still understand her btw..

42 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

BTW.. Honestly I understood a mother of two young doughters. Ages 2 and 6..
When they watched the Wife of Lot movie at the convention, she didn't wanted her very young children to see how Gloria transformed into a monster of salt..
I still understand her btw..emoji28.png

Yes I heard another mother that didn't like that scene...

I loved the May broadcast!  It's very instructive, informative, and loving. I benefited so much from way it was brought out with examples of young ones and mature ones. Whatever, one find hard to digest, pray unceasing about matters.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:11 PM, Adam! said:

Without being controversial, I need to ask 

Who are these sensitive parents out there? We can't live in La la land all the time!

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  Are these the kind of parents who hover over their children 24/7?  Because those kinds of parents tend to have children who can't fend for themselves, either in the truth or in the world.

Not a hint of violence?  Ever?  Um, I seem to recall even Sesame Street talking about fighting.  And I grew up watching Looney Tunes with Elmer Fudd blasting away at Bugs Bunny, so there you go.

The FDS does not show gratuitous violence.  They do not show blood spurting or various wounds that one would get in battle, even if they show battle scenes.  There is a world of difference between the movie The Passion of the Christ and the movies the FDS makes.  

12 hours ago, Barbllm said:

The FDS does not show gratuitous violence.  They do not show blood spurting or various wounds that one would get in battle, even if they show battle scenes.  There is a world of difference between the movie The Passion of the Christ  and the movies the FDS makes.  

My brother said he hates violence for entertainment, violence for no real reason. But when its portraying past events in ok, like in The Passion of the Christ. Chist was bleeding, he was beaten. Same studios show it, But the FDS would not show that. 

2 hours ago, Shannie said:

Yes we are..... our 3 day is at the end of may!!!!

Sr. Shannie, if you are referring to the 3-day summer Regional Convention...they have ALL been cancelled and the money for your rooms should have been refunded.  All brothers and sisters will watch the RC in six increments on Broadcast video during the months of July and August when they are released on JW.ORG (or JWSream).

If you were planning on attending during May, you will need to make changes quickly or you may not be able to get your room deposits back (if not automatically refunded).

2 hours ago, Shannie said:

Yes brother I know I was talking about streaming the 3 day we are all going to be getting instruction on watching from home

The idea of "3 days" may not apply this year.

It will be streamed in six days.

Maybe you should watch it at home.

Maybe in the group.

Maybe you can see it in the Kingdom Hall.

Or it'll be a mix.

The elders were to test the legal and practical possibilities.

Places of my worship will be able to have up to 20 people gather together from Monday May 18 in my area. I’m hoping that means that we will be able to meet as a congregation at the Kingdom Hall to watch the convention by the time July comes around. If not, we will at least be able to meet in our field service groups to do so.

Edited by jscotchie

17 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Places of my worship will be able to have up to 20 people gather together from Monday May 18 in my area. I’m hoping that means that we will be able to meet as a congregation at the Kingdom Hall to watch the convention by the time July comes around. If not, we will at least be able to meet in our field service groups to do so.

We have to wait for permission from the branch office. The brothers rely on security and that is good.

28 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Not in Victoria 

1 hour ago, The German said:

We have to wait for permission from the branch office. The brothers rely on security and that is good.

Yes, of course. Hence my use of the word “hoping.” 

1 hour ago, Luigi62 said:

Not in Victoria 

Things are a lot less intense in WA than they are over east. We have had a number of periods over the past couple of weeks of no new cases for several days.

8 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Places of my worship will be able to have up to 20 people gather together from Monday May 18 in my area. I’m hoping that means that we will be able to meet as a congregation at the Kingdom Hall

Here in USA, even though a great number of states are relaxing lockdown measures, the Branch has instructed the Kingdom Halls are still not to be used.

But yes we can still have the hope of being together again

Edited by booboo

9 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Good to hear. This is what your Australasian Branch informed all in your area, right?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible