JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Things About Camping

Being awakened by a  beautiful chorus of birdsong in time to watch Jehovah shed His golden, glowing light upon another day. :D

Screenshot_20200615_061647.thumb.jpg.5d80588414ecc8c8859867efe01b99b9.jpg

Sunrise was around 6:14 EDT here

in the heart of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  

It got down to a balmy 38°s so I was

glad to see Jehovah's furnace again. :D

There have been frost advisories here for the 

past three nights.

Summer arrives for the rest of North America on June 20th.

We Yoopers never know when, or even IF

it will show up here.  :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 years later...

My favorite part is kicking back in the air-conditioned RV with the slide-outs extended, the TV on and the PC humming away on the Internet

How Much Does It Cost To Rent a Luxury RV? – Glamping or Camping All Your  Questions Answered

11 Luxury RVs That Are Nicer Than Your Home

OH - you said

"camping"

DIY Camping – George Washington National Forest | Campus Recreation |  Liberty University

I thought it said "glamping"

Best RV Campgrounds in California: Camper Favorites for 2019

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Hope said:

A fine holiday includes room service!  🥰

A balcony...a midnight buffet...several exotic ports...after dinner entertainment...a wide choice of beverages...:thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My wife doesn't like 5 million star accomodation, just 5 stars will do her. Also, she was banned from camping as when they invited her with her children for the first time, it rained solid once their tents were up for the entire weekend. So she doen't like camping at all.

Whereas I don't mind camping, but I haven't done it for some time. I done it when I was much in my late teens and early twenties. We usually did our camping at Cox's River on the road from Jenolan Caves, Upper Allyn, Lake Glenbawn (all in NSW). Then I did a 4 week trip up into Queensland, stopping at Kempsy, Ballina, Yamb, Gold Coast, Gin Gin, Bundaberg, Tamborine Mountain (Qld).

A brother and I went on a NT trip where we started off with the Darwin Convention  whereby staying in a hotel for the first 5 days, we then purchased a tent from a surplus army store and spent the next 12 days travelled around staying at various campsites in a hire car such as Adelaide River, Litchfield National Park, Jabiru, Pine Creek, Katherine, Jilkminnggan before spending the last 2 nights at a hotel before flying back home.

21 hours ago, Hope said:

Amen. Struggling more on vacation than I do in real life never really sounds fun. 😮‍💨

A fine holiday includes room service!  🥰

Haha....😄

Well, I don't need much luxury, but I definitely need a proper room with a bed and a bathroom instead of a tent 😉

Screenshot_20240506_151520_Funny Quotes.jpg

Chrissy :wave:

• 1 month later...

Camping nowadays can have you as connected or disconnected as much as one wants due to the range of technology and amenities available to campers.

For those who wish to stay connected, modern campgrounds often provide Wi-Fi access, and campers can bring along portable chargers, solar panels, and other gadgets to keep their devices powered. This means you can easily stay in touch with family and friends, keep up with work emails, stream music and movies, and even engage in social media. Apps and online resources can also enhance the camping experience by providing real-time weather updates, trail maps, and wildlife information.

On the other hand, for those who prefer to disconnect, camping offers the perfect opportunity to unplug from the digital world. You can choose remote or backcountry locations with little to no cell service, focusing instead on the natural surroundings, physical activities like hiking and fishing, and personal interactions with fellow campers. Many people find this disconnection to be a crucial part of their camping experience, allowing them to recharge mentally and emotionally away from the constant demands of technology.

I have to say, I like tents, and sleeping bags, but flush toilets and hot showers.

As long as I have a comfy bed and decent shower I’m happy.  If the weather is warm I’m ok with cold shower but if its cold then I want hot shower.  In saying that I haven't been camping in a few years.  We mainly Airbnb these days.  We love road trips but usually airbnb or cabins.  A few years ago we did an outback witnessing trip with around 30 bros in our group.  We camped then.  We had no mobile reception wherever we went.  One camp stop there was a toilet on the side of the road near the camp but we had to drive to it and hot showers were a drive into town (5-10mins).   There was no power so we relied on gas with occasional generator power.  A couple of the families had camp trailers so were a bit better equipped than we were.  We had a tent set up.  I had my stove top espresso so at least had good coffee.  My bed was one of the high blow up so was comfy.  The last night we met at another town with around 300 bros and we all camped at the local showground.  Few more amenities there.  

For some, even if they camp where there is no Internet or amenities, and they are truly "roughing it" - they take their cell phone and/or Go-Pro and record the whole time. Then, after some video editing and composition, they post the trip on social media like YouTube.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When my girls were little and school was out, we would camp the whole summer until September.  Those are the most precious memories I still hold.  They too remember it fondly.

I would still go to work from the campgrounds.  My dad would stay behind and take care of them.  My dad is gone.  I miss him.

I love campfires 🔥 

My extended family went camping and my Gramma made pancakes until we were too fat to get up for more. 😊 

camping on fire GIF

Side story:

I knew a Brother whose last name was Woodburn and I told him his name is my favorite smell.

Spoiler

His first name is John.

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Anime Girl Embarrased GIF by HIDIVE