JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT study edition September

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I liked the article about times of peace. If we are serving in a country where we aren’t banned are we making best use of the freedom we have. Paragraphs 16 onwards describing how the peace we enjoy will all eventually be gone in the great trib are great. Feels like we’re being prepared for something big! 

On 6/25/2020 at 5:47 AM, Luisabola said:

I liked the article about times of peace. If we are serving in a country where we aren’t banned are we making best use of the freedom we have. Paragraphs 16 onwards describing how the peace we enjoy will all eventually be gone in the great trib are great. Feels like we’re being prepared for something big! 

We are always being prepared because we don't know the day and the hour.. especially now.. 

I thought this paragraph in the study article "Guard What Has Been entrusted to You" was excellent:

18 To illustrate, when attending an event, audience members are often asked to locate the nearest exit before the program begins. Why? So that they will be able to leave quickly if an emergency arises. In the same way, we can rehearse beforehand which exit we will take if we suddenly encounter an immoral scene, graphic violence, or apostate material while using the Internet or while watching a movie or TV program. If we prepare for what might happen, we can act quickly to escape spiritual harm and remain clean in Jehovah’s eyes.Ps. 101:3; 1 Tim. 4:12.

If we plan ahead - say, what will we do when we know material is from an apostate source? STOP READING and remove the info - for example. Then when the situation does come up - we know exactly what we will do.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020567#h=26

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

what will we do when we know material is from an apostate source?

Sometimes we may read something, even from someone that claims to be a witness, that just doesn't feel right. The safest thing to do is treat it the same way...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 6/24/2020 at 5:47 PM, Luisabola said:

We certainly are being prepared.  I have been writing letters and sending them out.  Also, talking to my Aunt who seems to be interested.  Its hard to talk with anyone at the supermarket because of social distancing.  People look upset and others could care less.  And wearing the mask does not help cause you can't speak clearly.  Everything has changed.  I now long for the door to door ministry.

Edited by cme

add sentence

3 hours ago, cme said:

We certainly are being prepared.  I have been writing letters and sending them out.  Also, talking to my Aunt who seems to be interested.  Its hard to talk with anyone at the supermarket because of social distancing.  People look upset and others could care less.  And wearing the mask does not help cause you can't speak clearly.  Everything has changed.  I now long for the door to door ministry.

Some health experts say that this pandemic may last 2 years. 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:47 PM, Luisabola said:

We've always been getting prepared for something big. 

Edited by blacc

I've read the first two articles. The first one likens us to fishermen, the second to Farmers. On Friday morning, I should be reading the third article after considering the daily text, since Thursday is the day for midweek meeting and usually will prepare for the meeting after daily text. 

Edited by blacc