Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prosecutor Appeals Dennis Christensen’s Early Release


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1447 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

Quote

We have just learned that the prosecutor, A. A. Shatunov, of the Kursk Regional Public Prosecutor’s Office has filed an appeal that will prevent the early release of Brother Dennis Christensen. Although his lawyers will file an objection, it will no doubt take weeks before a court hearing is scheduled. The prison has placed Brother Christensen in a punishment cell for ten days. Despite this turn of events, Brother Christensen is doing well. Thank you for your continued prayers in behalf of Brother and Sister Christensen.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

We have just learned that the prosecutor, A. A. Shatunov, of the Kursk Regional Public Prosecutor’s Office has filed an appeal that will prevent the early release of Brother Dennis Christensen. Although his lawyers will file an objection, it will no doubt take weeks before a court hearing is scheduled. The prison has placed Brother Christensen in a punishment cell for ten days. Despite this turn of events, Brother Christensen is doing well. Thank you for your continued prayers in behalf of Brother and Sister Christensen.

Of course, they don't realize they're making someone very angry...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Brother Eric - I came to say they are pushing Jehovah's buttons ... and interestingly, if Jehovah comes in on it now, we can say that it was truly him who released Brother Dennis rather than giving the credit to the Russian authorities.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Of course, they don't realize they're making someone very angry...

 

They will..

470443992_Jesusbow.thumb.jpg.c4d75e32078bd29a1e413045bc0466a8.jpg


Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

 

They will..

470443992_Jesusbow.thumb.jpg.c4d75e32078bd29a1e413045bc0466a8.jpg

This picture was included in our hall's remodel. :D 

20190804_115448.thumb.jpg.e5159545b1fc16f2d14a09f3a250b421.jpg

Hope I get to see it there again soon. :D 

 

Praying our Brother Dennis gets to see his home again soon, too. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

We have just learned that the prosecutor, A. A. Shatunov, of the Kursk Regional Public Prosecutor’s Office has filed an appeal that will prevent the early release of Brother Dennis Christensen. Although his lawyers will file an objection, it will no doubt take weeks before a court hearing is scheduled. The prison has placed Brother Christensen in a punishment cell for ten days. Despite this turn of events, Brother Christensen is doing well. Thank you for your continued prayers in behalf of Brother and Sister Christensen.

It was always fishy to begin with.

As soon as I read that the prosecution was the one moving for his release, red flags went off, because that didn't make any sense. They had a sudden change of heart? Really?

What did make sense was that they were toying with his emotions.  Actually a very common tactic, to get your hopes up and dash them again. This is why it's so important to read the Yearbooks, because you learn about these tricks and don't fall for it so easy.

 

Screenshot_20200630-230558_Firefox.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

News says: “The prison has placed Brother Christensen in a punishment cell for ten days.” It seems to the brother, this verse will not be more appropriate and faith-strengthening than ever before.

 

Revelation 2:10. Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. . . . Prove yourself faithful even to death.

 

This proves that they truly are the King of the North, the leading nation in persecuting God’s servants!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Russian-Prosecutor-Halts-Early-Release-of-Brother-Christensen/

 

UPDATE | Russian Prosecutor Halts Early Release of Brother Christensen

 

On June 26, 2020, the Lgov prison authorities illegally placed Brother Dennis Christensen in a cell of a special punishment block (EPKT), typically used for malicious offenders. Given that his health has deteriorated, the move seems to be a calculated attempt to break him. The prosecutor's office may also be using new trumped-up charges against Brother Christensen to appeal his early release, a decision that the office supported in court just days earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2020 at 11:14 PM, M.J. said:

It was always fishy to begin with.

As soon as I read that the prosecution was the one moving for his release, red flags went off, because that didn't make any sense. They had a sudden change of heart? Really?

What did make sense was that they were toying with his emotions.  Actually a very common tactic, to get your hopes up and dash them again. This is why it's so important to read the Yearbooks, because you learn about these tricks and don't fall for it so easy.

 

Screenshot_20200630-230558_Firefox.jpg

I may agree with you.  Because it seemed to good to be true.  I think this was played out before hand by the court judge and the FSB and Prosecutor.  I hope Br. Christiansen can hold on, I know he's relying on Jehovah, but he's human, and this could take a toll on him and his wife Irina! Hopefully, he see's the big picture, that this was a farce by Russia.  Am sure the friends over there see it as a farce, another trick.  The only one that release Dennis and the rest of our brothers/sister's in any opposing country will be Jehovah and Jesus, as the pictures reveal in this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)