JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Bible Books With Study Notes

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1353 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Probably in a day or two. I, like you looked and there was no update there now. But soon.....

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

You are correct. Thanks.

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

50 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Probably in a day or two. I, like you looked and there was no update there now. But soon.....

My Windows version has already updated the Study Bible. I have the study notes for both books...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I am glad it worked for you. If it wasn't for the link I would have nothing.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/ff/nwtsty_E.jwpub

2 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

My Windows version has already updated the Study Bible. I have the study notes for both books...

My Android devices have the update too. 

The Study Bible>Languages shows a 100mg update.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

AUGUST 28, 2020 Books of Galatians and Ephesians (Study Edition) Now Available Online

This release includes over 340 study notes, a video, and media gallery items. In addition, material regarding the use of God’s name in the Christian Greek Scriptures has been added to Appendixes C2, C3, and C4.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=500800042&srcid=share

It is a side note, but I checked before updating and my Bible showed 47 videos and said I was "up-to-date".  Later when I added Galatians and Ephesians it added 3 videos and the total went to 50.

My wife checked her Ipad and it said she had 49 videos and was "up-to-date" and when she upgraded, it added 1 video for a total of 50.  It is odd that both counts (although different) both said they were updated and complete at that time.

My Android phone says the update made a total of 61 videos???

I just updated my PC app. I checked both my WTL and JWL, both did not have the media files for these 2 books. So I DL the nwtsty bible for the new media files - only to get an error message to say the DL file is older than the existing nwtsty file.

Despite this, I restarted my app, and the new study notes are there...

Old (Downunder) Tone

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is a side note, but I checked before updating and my Bible showed 47 videos and said I was "up-to-date".  Later when I added Galatians and Ephesians it added 3 videos and the total went to 50.

My wife checked her Ipad and it said she had 49 videos and was "up-to-date" and when she upgraded, it added 1 video for a total of 50.  It is odd that both counts (although different) both said they were updated and complete at that time.

Mine went from 49 videos to 52 and 1 pending download. Restarted app now no pending 

Edited by Margaret

9 hours ago, Buddy said:

What changes have you noticed with the new JW Library. I haven’t notice any changes so far.

One thing I noticed last night:  some of my already downloaded videos wouldn't play.  Message came up

saying to download the video and then play.  So, I had to delete and then re-download a bunch of videos.

I am going to explore more videos today to see if more need to be deleted and re-downloaded.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, Luigi62 said:

Wasn't that there before, C2, C3 and C4?

C2 to C4 were already there, but more references related to Galatians and Ephesians have now been added.  I am not sure how many new ‘J’ references have been added to C4? We are now up to J178.  The hard copy study Bible has up to J105, so quite a lot of additions since then. 👍

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

3 hours ago, Chris7 said:

C2 to C4 were already there, but more references related to Galatians and Ephesians have now been added.  I am not sure how many new ‘J’ references have been added to C4? We are now up to J178.  The hard copy study Bible has up to J105, so quite a lot of additions since then. 👍

yes thank you. The online announcement made a big deal out of Appendix C2, C3, C4. I was just a bit confused by it.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:22 PM, jwhess said:

How do you count the videos?

5 hours ago, Chris7 said:

I am not sure how many new ‘J’ references have been added to C4? We are now up to J178.  The hard copy study Bible has up to J105, so quite a lot of additions since then. 👍

I just checked Watchtower Library and it only has up to J134, therefore we have 44 new "J" references recently added.

WOW

These new references are not specific to the books of Galatians and Ephesians, as far as I know, these J references are a list of....

"Bible translations and reference works that have used some form of the divine name (or some other way of indicating that the divine name is referred to) in what is commonly called the New Testament.

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."